Beslija Signs for Zelenjicar (merged threads)

Rawrrrrrrr

Noticed elsewere that Beslija has picked up a club in his homeland, will be interesting to see how he gets on.

A big waste of money but surely was something there in the first place to tempt us to splash the cash we did.

I know most don't feel my goodwill, but guid luck to the laddy. By most accounts, when fit, he worked hard at training and was a good pro.

Unfortunately seemed to be cack at footy! Our fault not his for the mess, hope he gets his career back on track

Ginger God Is Back

The guy I dont think started 4 games..how anyone could make a decision as to how good or bad he was is beyond me..typical of the regime that exists within our club nowadays.

Never stood a chance...

We played Zeljeznicar in 1998/99 season, Cup Winner's Cup.

Beslija is, by all accounts, terrible.

have we not played them more recently than that?

Sure we played them in the season it was the uefa cup groups.

have we not played them more recently than that?

Sure we played them in the season it was the uefa cup groups.

2003 - the best away European trip that I've been on.

scott herbertson
It's a cracking ground he'll be playing at (except for the landmines in the floodlights).

..and a steam train beside the terracing

The changing room had a shell hole in the ceiling too...

Drylaw Hearts

The signing of Beslija will forever remain a mystery.

Somebody suddenly realised he was a donkey after a deal was done and that why we tried to pull out the deal.

It was obviously too late and that error of judgement cost us around ?2million I reckon - Makela's deal would not have been too far behind that amount.

The January 2006 Transfer Window is long gone but it will never be forgotten.

VR really did think he was a Football Manager.

Somebody suddenly realised he was a donkey after a deal was done and that why we tried to pull out the deal.

It was obviously too late and that error of judgement cost us around ?2million I reckon - Makela's deal would not have been too far behind that amount.

Was Beslija not Rix's choice?

As for 2006 window, i'd bet no other club in the world signed so much **** in one go!

I remember the days of plenty when we bought Allan Moore for 80-100K only for him to play in the reserves until he had matured. Never did I imagine that we would adopt a similar policy with our record buy. Some will say he was unlucky with injuries, but he wasn't injured when he played back in Belgium, just inept.

Apologies if already posted but I see Mirsad Beslija has found a club. :eek:

He has ended up at ** Zeljeznicar.

is that the same team we signed him from?

He came from Belgium did he not? We played Zeljeznikar (sp?) from Sarajevo in the UEFA Cup a few years back.

Guest JamboRobbo
He came from Belgium did he not? We played Zeljeznikar (sp?) from Sarajevo in the UEFA Cup a few years back.

Aye your right. Cheers I knew the Zeljeznar name was familiar from somewhere.

Guest JamboRobbo
We will always remember him for ....'that cross'. :mw_rolleyes:

Buffalo Bill

Possibly the most expensive goal in HMFC's history?

750k for the cross (Beslija), and 500k for the fin(n)ish:D

Tokyo Drifter

Was it not the first CL qualifying round? Beat them as Murrayfield and drew in Bosnia. I seem to remember he got a pretty "hot" reception from the home fans that night.

BlackhallJambo

Just done the sums based on fee and wages. He cost us around ?2,190,000.

What a F%&ing waste!

Yep, and I remember how this board went wild after - the new Messiah's were here - oh how wrong we all were!!!

wheatfield to sheffield
Was it not the first CL qualifying round? Beat them as Murrayfield and drew in Bosnia. I seem to remember he got a pretty "hot" reception from the home fans that night.

Interesting bit of false-memory syndrome there. The game was in season 03-04, more than two years before he signed for us. We won 2-0 at Tynecastle (De Vries and Webster) before 0-0 in the away leg in Sarajevo.

Although maybe you are thinking of when we played Siroki Birjeg in 2006!

Interesting bit of false-memory syndrome there. The game was in season 03-04, more than two years before he signed for us. We won 2-0 at Tynecastle (De Vries and Webster) before 0-0 in the away leg in Sarajevo.

Hearts had a "hot" reception in Bosnia when we played Velez Mostar in 1987-88 ...

To be fair, he got mixed up with the other Bosnian team we played (Siroki Brijeg) in the CL Qualifiers (06/07), in which we won 3-0 at Murrayfield (OG, Tall, Bednar) and drew 0-0 in Bosnia. And he is correct - Beslija did get a hostile reception.

Anyone who experienced a great trip to Sarajevo in the UEFA Cup will feel sorry for him. If it was that cold on a September evening what must it be like in winter? There won't be any more little Beslijas to worry about in the future.

portobellojambo1

You are getting Zelejnicar Sarajevo mixed up with NK Siroki Brijeg. The reason Beslija got the reception he did in Brijeg is because he is a Muslim, and Siroki Brijeg is populated by hardline neo nazi Croatians, who hate everybody, especially Serbs and Bosnian Muslims.

I was more worried about the 200 guys who Romanov had ordered/forced (their words) to travel down from his aluminium plant to watch the game, they were Serbian and sitting in the stands sh i t t i ng themselves.

As for Beslija, still think he could have been a super player for us, when he was fit he was not given a chance for reasons not worth going into.

The guy obviously had it as the supporters from his old club Genk, turned out (aka Ally's Army farewell from Hampden) to say farewell to him when he signed for Hearts.

Anyone who experienced a great trip to Sarajevo in the UEFA Cup will feel sorry for him. If it was that cold on a September evening what must it be like in winter? There won't be any more little Beslijas to worry about in the future.

I don't think I have ever felt as cold watching a game. And as for the toilets you needed to have the breathing control of a South Sea pearl diver to get in and out without getting the severe gags!

It is when you see stadiums like that you think that the UEFA criteria sucks as we had to play our ties at Murrayfield.

does anyone remeber joe hammils we back heel through ball in that game? that was when i decide to start up the joseph hammil appreciation fan club!!

dont know why it never took off!?

Mirsad Beslija made 14 appearances for Hearts in all competitions.

Ten of these were league appearances and the only reason he had so few appearances was due to the fact at that time Miko or Chesny were ordered to be played by VR so he had no chance of getting a regular start.

Beslija was another one of the Hearts players who were treated terribly by Hearts FC and never given a fair chance.

And I believe he would have been a real player for us if he had been given the chance.

Archived