Fletcher's toys out the pram!

S.N.T.H.

He should probably be thanking Hibs for stopping him going to Celtic. He's had a crap season and I doubt he would get a first team place for them so he'd waste his career there.

Still though. :108years:

tartofmidlothian

That's some list of recent Hobo alumni at Darkheid. They really are their reserve team, aren't they?

Jimbo Robertson

I think the Hobos deserve some credit for standing up to one half of the OF on this issue.

The days of OF dominance in the SPL are looking numbered. Year on year the gap between the OF and the rest is diminishing. Decisions like this can only help Hearts, Aberdeen, United, ICT, Motherwell...even the Hobos close the gap even more.

He say's Hibs are hindering his career!!!!! (they hinder everyone's career :laugh:) well he's the one who signed with that lot till 2013, methinks it's his own fault, feck him and FTH :108years:

So to put this into context.....

Fletcher is hibs highest paid player, and is stuck there the rest of the season without giving his all for the team?!

HAHA.

Even fletch knows they are the wee team!!

Go on yer self son! haa :D

Why couldn't Fletcher just do a "Webster"??

He still has 4 years on his contract. That can only be done when there is 12 months i think it is.

I think the Hobos deserve some credit for standing up to one half of the OF on this issue.

The days of OF dominance in the SPL are looking numbered. Year on year the gap between the OF and the rest is diminishing. Decisions like this can only help Hearts, Aberdeen, United, ICT, Motherwell...even the Hobos close the gap even more.

Yup your not a hobo :laugh:

He still has 4 years on his contract. That can only be done when there is 12 months i think it is.

ahh right, thanks

I never really understood the whole "webster" thing! Is there anyone who could take the time to explain this to me so I dont make this mistake again??

Marmeladent?rtchen
fair play to Hibs

Kind of agree,,, good for Hibs to hold out. Bad for Fletcher, lost out on double money.

Also bad for Hearts,, would like to of seen Hibs weekend by Jones and Fletcher going.

That said,,, we beat them with them anyway!!:108years:

I P Knightley
Kind of agree,,, good for Hibs to hold out. Bad for Fletcher, lost out on double money.

Also bad for Hearts,, would like to of seen Hibs weekend by Jones and Fletcher going.

That said,,, we beat them with them anyway!!:108years:

It sounds like, in Fletcher, they have a huffing Webster-type character in the squad for the rest of the season. Surely it won't be wonderful for morale?

Marmeladent?rtchen
It sounds like, in Fletcher, they have a huffing Webster-type character in the squad for the rest of the season. Surely it won't be wonderful for morale?

I think Fletch needs to remember that he agreed a good (for Hibs) contract last year and needs to honor it in the same fashion that hibs would if he were to sustain an awful injury.

That would go for all players TBH.

BTW why are we talking about Hibs so much,,,,,, ??? :eek:

ahh right, thanks

I never really understood the whole "webster" thing! Is there anyone who could take the time to explain this to me so I dont make this mistake again??

Think it's at the end of the 3rd year of a 4 year contract when you can walk away, but you have to do it in a specific time (two weeks after the end of the season I think) and you have to have played less than 30% of your team's matches in that season. Webster, I'm pretty sure, hadn't fulfilled the last two of those requiements and that's why he was forced to pay us the crappy compensation.

rudi must stay
fair play to Hibs

agreed. They could well have taken their money because it was a good offer but they stood up to them

i think hibs have made a big mistake with jones and fletcher as they now have 2 unhappy players who want to leave and wont want to get injured before a move in the summer now?

Hibs are terrified that the longer Fletcher stays the more clearly the truth will out. A mediocre player who is no better than Garry Oconner who moved for 1.6million.

Remnants of Standards
He say's Hibs are hindering his career!!!!! (they hinder everyone's career :laugh:) well he's the one who signed with that lot till 2013, methinks it's his own fault, feck him and FTH :108years:

Just what i was thinking. If he was that desperate to get away, why did he (and his agent) sign such a long-term deal, thus ensuring Hibs could bump up their asking price to an unrealistic level, especially if they dont need to sell for peanuts??

It looks like he and Jones will be two unhappy bunnys for some time to come though. Strike! Strike! Strike!!

Archived