EPL Transfer Window to end later?

Do The Dance

SSN reporting EPL in talks with FA and FIFA about extending it due to bad weather.

Don't know if the SPL would go for similar.

Ach a wee bit of snow and everything goes tits up ;)

Lets hope Berra gets stuck on the Motorway somewhere in England and the deal cannot be finalised :laugh:

200milesfromgorgie

they should get their homework done on fridaty night straight after school. not on the bus on monday morning.

Hope they are told were to stick it, they've had enough time to deal and there was also sufficent warning of the cold snap.

Say What Again
SSN reporting EPL in talks with FA and FIFA about extending it due to bad weather.

BBC reporting it now too:

The Premier League are "exploring the possibility" of extending the deadline with Fifa and the Football Association. Nothing is clear yet but it could well be that deals will be able to go through after 1700. Watch this space.

I know times are hard but just cos we are using pidgeon carrier as a cost saving exercise for the documentation is not a good enough excuse:tongue:

Say What Again

More:

1156: A little bit more information for you on the possibility of the transfer window being extended. It seems that clubs might be allowed to file the agreements of a transfer with the Premier League and then allowed to conclude the formalities later. However, these would be judged on a case-by-case basis.

I think even being allowed to do deals today is wrong.

The window whould hve shut on Saturday at midnight and teams get until today at 5PM to finalise paperwork etc

Pathetic

10cm of snow and we are to believe its causing rich footballers transport issues.

This is deadline day, anyone leaving it this late should be well aware it might not go through, the window should shut at 5pm and no later.

Pathetic

10cm of snow and we are to believe its causing rich footballers transport issues.

This is deadline day, anyone leaving it this late should be well aware it might not go through, the window should shut at 5pm and no later.

lot more than 10cm down here mate, but to be fair, it is a shambles that they can use that as an excuse, and also that all the buses are off, and half the tubes and the trains are down. still falling at the rate of knots too

lot more than 10cm down here mate, but to be fair, it is a shambles that they can use that as an excuse, and also that all the buses are off, and half the tubes and the trains are down. still falling at the rate of knots too

At the end of the day its transfer deadline day, its a deadline, you dont leave it til today to sign a player you really want or need and its just yet more examples of the english FA taking the **** out of the window.

Its a farce that the likes of Wolves still get to make "emergency loans" as and when they see fit and make them permanent the second the window opens when clubs like us and st mirren who have far less money cannot.

Say What Again
Pathetic

I've had crap daytime TV on all day and there are folk missing from the shows as employees can't get there. The 'red button' wasn't available on some cookery show as the guy who deals with it is snowed in and 'Loose Women' have had to change todays guests for the same reason. (Honest, I'm not watching these shows, the TV is on in the background).

The weathers a lot worse than you're implying.

3.jpg

10.jpg

Say What Again
At the end of the day its transfer deadline day, its a deadline, you dont leave it til today to sign a player you really want or need

Agree with that point

At the end of the day its transfer deadline day, its a deadline, you dont leave it til today to sign a player you really want or need and its just yet more examples of the english FA taking the **** out of the window.

Its a farce that the likes of Wolves still get to make "emergency loans" as and when they see fit and make them permanent the second the window opens when clubs like us and st mirren who have far less money cannot.

totally agree mate... my only dispute was with the 10cm of snow comment.. it's crazy stuff down here.. motorways and a roads shut, all public transport off.... no hearts signings to cheer me up as i sit at work watching my journey home getting harder and harder as i look out the window.

as long as it clears up by saturday, i've got a cup tie to get to!

Archived