Will we sign a striker before the window closes?

DB-14

Will we sign a striker tomorrow?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Will we sign a striker tomorrow?

• Yes
    • No

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

I also think yes. But I guarantee not a living soul will have heard of him apart from Csaba. Which may not necessarily be a bad thing.

I also think someone will turn up from Kaunus.

Depends entirely on

1. The true state of the clubs finances

and

2. Whether the "committee" think we can get to Europe with the squad we have.

I dont think they've got what they wanted for Berra but had to settle for the only decent offer on the table. That will undoubtedly squeeze what is available for spending. I also think they had planned to sell one other player (probably Driver) but they havent got any kind of decent bid for him. They might do tommorrow I suppose but I doubt that anyone else significant will be going.

Can we reach Europe on the current squad ? Yes we probably could. More likely not to IMO but there is a chance. That being the case I think Vlad will be reluctant to spend money now and Csaba will have been "persuaded" to wait till the summer when all the contracts expire.

In short, unless someone else gets sold early doors tommorow, NO I cant see us bringing in anyone significant.

Johanes de Silentio

Dunno,

But Csaba has been bemoaning the lack of strikers for months.

Therefore, we should have had a striker lined up to sign on January 1st.

I'm assuming the reasons we didn't were financial.

If the cash for Berra goes through in time, I'd like to think we can bring a striker in.

Not confident, though - in which case, we'll have to work with what we have.

I wonder if Tullberg is staying?

DigitalTwisted

The Bradley Wright Phillips rumour is gaining some ground as that's Southampton fan mates of mine, hitting me up to see if there's any truth in the rumour going about down there......

Pinch of salt firmly taken though.

Not a hope in Hell. Not least because a Striker of the calibre we require would cost far more than we can afford right now. Forget the Striker dream just now guys, it ain't gonna happen unless we can get someone on a free or on loan (probably from you know where)

Depends entirely on

1. The true state of the clubs finances

and

2. Whether the "committee" think we can get to Europe with the squad we have.

I dont think they've got what they wanted for Berra but had to settle for the only decent offer on the table. That will undoubtedly squeeze what is available for spending. I also think they had planned to sell one other player (probably Driver) but they havent got any kind of decent bid for him. They might do tommorrow I suppose but I doubt that anyone else significant will be going.

Can we reach Europe on the current squad ? Yes we probably could. More likely not to IMO but there is a chance. That being the case I think Vlad will be reluctant to spend money now and Csaba will have been "persuaded" to wait till the summer when all the contracts expire.

In short, unless someone else gets sold early doors tommorow, NO I cant see us bringing in anyone significant.

I'm remaining positive - I think the fact that we were willing to accept an offer for Berra 2 days before the window closes indicates a willingness to get the money in and still give us time to look at adding a player. If Vlad was wanting to play his usual brinkmanship game, the Berra discussions would have continued until late on Monday afternoon.

Forever hopeful, although I fully expect anyone coming in to be on a 'loan with option to buy' basis.

No chance it's all bluff from Csaba with the i spoke with an interesting guy the other night and German playing in Spain quotes .Don't know why they bother though it would be much simpler just to say money is tight and we have to go with what we have instead of the bull****.

Johanes de Silentio

I reckon they'll be crunching numbers to get a striker in, but, as someone has posted above...it's unlikely to someone with the quality we and Csaba are looking for.

I can imagine Vlad saying to Csaba the morra "I've given you Nade, Tullberg, Elliot, Makela, Glen, and this nameless/faceless guy from Kaunas - how many strikers do you need?"

Not sure that Vlad understands that we need quality rather than quantity.

However, I think that Csaba, ever the realist/pragmatist, will be strong enough to shrug that off and work with what he has - unless, of course, we're able to pull a rabbit out of a hat before the deadline.

Unlikely, though, but who knows?

I suspect that we may have to wait until the summer to get the guys in that Csaba wants. (and maybe a few that he doesn't want)

'mon the Hearts!

I suspect that we may have to wait until the summer to get the guys in that Csaba wants.

That almost sounds like you're assuming we'll start next season with the same manager we started this season with???:eek::eek:

That's surely a bigger leap of faith than assuming we'll sign a striker? :mw_rolleyes:

Johanes de Silentio
That almost sounds like you're assuming we'll start next season with the same manager we started this season with???:eek::eek:

That's surely a bigger leap of faith than assuming we'll sign a striker? :mw_rolleyes:

I like Csaba - he appears to be in it for the long haul - I hope he stays - whoever coaches Hearts has to be able to put up with Romanov's bull**** and get on with the job - it would appear that Csaba can do this.

I'm not assuming we'll sign a striker, but I hope we do, and I hope it's a good 'un!

Still two quotes shown at http://www.football-rumours.com/ saying that Berra is going to sign for RFC and that we will get Velicka back as part of the deal. Hopefully not true as I feel Berra would have a bigger stage to play on when Wolves join the EPL next season and who wants the Old Firm to get any of our successful players.

Still two quotes shown at http://www.football-rumours.com/ saying that Berra is going to sign for RFC and that we will get Velicka back as part of the deal. Hopefully not true as I feel Berra would have a bigger stage to play on when Wolves join the EPL next season and who wants the Old Firm to get any of our successful players.

I hope youre not seriously quoting that site. :mw_rolleyes:

Guest GhostHunter

After scouring the rags today, with no real signs of definite movement - I'm starting to think we'll not be seeing any new faces at Tynie today.

After scouring the rags today, with no real signs of definite movement - I'm starting to think we'll not be seeing any new faces at Tynie today.

I agree it looks doubtful, but Vlad has pulled some last minute rabbits from hats before without the papers getting a sniff of what he's up to...

Hans von Luck

Surprised to see that you admit "scouring the rags" Dex :o

peebles jambo

]No chance it's all bluff from Csaba

agree, mad fud's taught him well, keep your little mushromms interested with bulls**t

Would like one but probably not. We need a new central defender. Eggert isn't one. Two dead ball headed goals by the man he has been marking in two games plus we missed Berra's presence at our dead ball situations. Plus get keeper deal sorted. With two young central defenders released I hope there is a plan!

I cant see it....we've had all month to do so so why now? Its not as though we have only needed another striker in the last couple of weeks....we have been waiting months....a deal for a striker should have been done long ago!

I also dont imagine tht we will see any of the money we make from berras transfer being given 2 czabo. It will be used 2 reduce our debts or go straight in romanovs pockets.

Quick question/point. We've all been crying out for a striker, and a decent striker is definitely required. If one is not secured, then there will of course be much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

However, what if we do sign one (or two) and they're utterly garbage?

Surely better to have no gash players than any?

the poor weather will be the excuse trumpeted for not bringing anyone in, 2 from FBK really isn't good enough.

hoped for a few signings but didn't expect it :mad:

Guest JamboRobbo
Quick question/point. We've all been crying out for a striker, and a decent striker is definitely required. If one is not secured, then there will of course be much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

However, what if we do sign one (or two) and they're utterly garbage?

Then it'll beg the question, what has our "scouting network" been up to for the past 4 months.

Surely better to have no gash players than any?

Agreed.

Guest Vanbasten1874

Looked out my window just now and guess what i seen ,, yep big fat pink porky pigs flying past the window ,, Us signing a striker today hah , don,t make me laugh , nae typo polis please am goin to comma skool tomorrow promise ,,

Then it'll beg the question, what has our "scouting network" been up to for the past 4 months.

Fair enough, but good players can fail to settle in certain leagues. We could sign Ersen, and he turns out to be mince for us. We then punt him back to Germany/Turkey whatever and he could bang them in.

What I'm saying is that IF we don't get anyone (and I think we will) it's not the end of the world. And by the same token, if we do sign someone, he may well turn out to be pap.

The world is not black and white my fellow Jambos.

Guest JamboRobbo
Fair enough, but good players can fail to settle in certain leagues. We could sign Ersen, and he turns out to be mince for us. We then punt him back to Germany/Turkey whatever and he could bang them in.

What I'm saying is that IF we don't get anyone (and I think we will) it's not the end of the world. And by the same token, if we do sign someone, he may well turn out to be pap.

Fair enough points.

IMO, If we don't get anyone, it won't be the end of the world, but it will be dissapointing.

If we sign someone and he's ****e, it'll again raise the question of who is scouting these signings and why has he not been fired yet........

I don't think it's been overly demanding to expect us to be capable of bringing in 1 player who is half decent, in the position our manager identified 4 months ago as top priority.......

That's why you employ a manager - to identify players whose style will suit the SPL, who will fit into our team, and who will hit the ground running.

It shouldn't really be a gamble and there's certainly no excuse for the circus we've had with Pinilla, Obua, Tullberg... (I'll stop there before I get depressed).

Archived