Balogh (merged threads)

Paolo

Any news on him?

All the sounds from the club, player and agent have been positive yet no confirmation of him registering. Also now, the story of us completing the deall is now the main Hearts news on the BBC site, but still with the original publish date of the article - seems strange.

If it does not happen, tehn it iwll be dissappointing, tohugh I have faith in McDonald, but seems starange there has been positive talk and no complaints about delays, yet it has still gone quiet.

Its quite blatantly obvious we are waiting for the Berra money and it will be confirmed tomorrow.

I kind of thought that, but though we agreed to pay in May, or is there a downpayment now?

Theres a loan fee in March, Rest in May, you also need to think about signing on fee's and also that we cant commit until the Berra income is confirmed as otherwise what happens in march and may?

I've no doubt this is down to us awaiting the Berra money before Ubig will release authorisation

200milesfromgorgie

has there been an official annoucment yet? bit worried on the time it's taking to get this done.

When (if) he does sign. Will he get the number 1 shirt?, not that numbers mean anything today. He was playing for us, registered number 12, then his contract ran out. So he left the club - blah blah blah british airfiled - and if he re-signs then surley he can be allocated a new number?

I'll be worried if we don't sign him - Macdonald is not the answer IMO.

Couldn't agree more. Lost count of how many balls Hamilton stuck right on top of him and he was still rooted to his line.

Not just the Hamilton game either.

I think it should be a goalkeeping neccessity to be at least taller than your average smurf!

Excellent to see Balogh signed. The last two matches have shown how important he has been for us. He earned it for his performances and it'll be good to see him back in goals.

I feel sorry it's not worked out for MacDonald but he's not up to it at this level and reminds me too much of Roddy McKenzie.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I feel sorry it's not worked out for MacDonald but he's not up to it at this level and reminds me too much of Roddy McKenzie.

Bit early to be writing him off, no? He's still a young lad.

rudi must stay
Where is the confirmation that Baloch has signed? I don't see anything official.

we'll probably announce it with another player. Seems likely because the Scotsman has quotes from the other club saying that he has signed for us so it must be official

Bit early to be writing him off, no? He's still a young lad.

He is still young but I can see him being one of these solid goalkeepers that will deal with everything he is expected to but won't come up with outstanding saves. I'd like to be proved wrong though.

Blimey, you're not joking! Not a lot of high-earners there but might bring down the wage bill a bit.

trim the fat off the squad... very good news IMO

We are defo going to struggle to get 3rd now!

A weakened defence and still NO DECENT STRIKER!

That is a truly shocking transfer window for us... we have made ?2.3million on Berra... released Makela and Basso who cost us ?500k and released a bunch of kids and Audrey!

Great that the wage bill is trimmer and will be trimmed more in the summer... but at the expense of a european place... not good enough i'm afraid... not by a long shot!

Nade, Elliot, Glen and Templeton till the summer to bring the goals in... i'll be surprised if we reach double figures!

trim the fat off the squad... very good news IMO

How much has been paid out to these players to get rid though?

very poor,it looks like csaba is wasting his time,only positive is that we got shot of makela.wouldnt be surprised if csaba bolts at the first opportunity.

tartofmidlothian

Only Berra will be missed, and we got a decent price for him. It's good that guys like Driver and Bruno are still here. Hopefully a better financial situation for the second half of the season re wages and so on, and we don't have that bad a squad. Plus Balogh's here. Glass half full and all that, eh? :laugh:

The only unforgiveable thing's this Farkas debacle, if true! :mad:

Archived