Obua

IMA MAROON

When he arrived he said he needed 4 games before he would be ready.

Hamilton was his 5th full 90 on the trot.

Do you now think he is a footballer?

Definitely noticed an improvement in Obua. Hasn't exactly been amazing, despite scoring 2 goals last week, but he has been one of our best players in the past 2 games.

I thought he has been our best player in the last few games and i have certainly seen an improvement in him. But, there is still people who give him undeserved abuse for the sake of it and wont give him a chance unfortunately.

I honestly felt he was our best player yesterday, two good goals last week, but he was still looking dodgy for me. That said, he seemed to get his act together yesterday and i felt his all round game had improved big time.

Definitely noticed an improvement in Obua. Hasn't exactly been amazing, despite scoring 2 goals last week, but he has been one of our best players in the past 2 games.

Agreed, but i cant help but feel he's gonna cop it as part of the fall out if we dont sign any players before 5pm monday

Where do you think he is lacking?

I like the guy but he needs to improve

especially his touch which is amamteurish at times

Guest JamboRobbo

I think his main problem has been that he needs to adjust to the pace of the SPL. He won't get time on the ball, and he won't get away with a slack first touch. Whether he can fully adjust or not remains to be seen, but he's moved in the right direction of late if he can keep improving he could be a useful player for us.

Drylaw Hearts
Where do you think he is lacking?

He's too lackadaisical and he's just not up for the rough and tumble of the SPL.

Two goals last week and easily the best player on the park yesterday, so yes he has improved. Mind a few folk will take more convincing if the guy 5 rows behind me yesterday is anything to go by, gave him dogs abuse throughout for no reason whatsoever.

There is something in me that says Obua would be better suited to Italian or German football where players get more time on the ball. He looks so fragile.

But he has shown in the Hibs game and last week that he is brave and happy to mix it so I'm content to see him in the team. :)

Two goals last week and easily the best player on the park yesterday, so yes he has improved. Mind a few folk will take more convincing if the guy 5 rows behind me yesterday is anything to go by, gave him dogs abuse throughout for no reason whatsoever.

Same against ict, not same guy i'm sure section V family gorgie stand about row 15-18. My 7 year old son was asking why he was shouting at him so much when he had scored two goals.........good question. I havent made my mind up on him yet, but i have def seen signs of improvement and i hope he keeps going on past two games form

Maybe I'm looking through UGANDAN glasses :tongue: but I recall only ONE example of a poor first touch and one incident of being caught in possession.

He is a tad left footed :mw_rolleyes: but then so was Neil McCann .....and I don't recall him getting pelters for it ?

The team display was poor all round yesterday and maybe Berra's imminent departure was on a few players minds ?

ToadKiller Dog

Much the same was said about Karri and Ruben in there first season ,but both now seem to have adapted over time.Obua is improving all the time ,still a lot of work but i think he will adapt if given the chance which he is getting.

Captain Lithuania
He's too lackadaisical and he's just not up for the rough and tumble of the SPL.

I disagree, never seen him vs Hamilton, though, thought he played great vs ICT.

Toxteth O'Grady
I disagree, never seen him vs Hamilton, though, thought he played great vs ICT.

He was crap against ICT but got lucky to score 1 1/2 goals

Hope he gets better though because we are stuck with him for a while

eddie fenwick

slowly improving all the time,there is a player in there somewhere(said this from the off)it cant be easy coming from africa to the silky flair of the spl

Crap.

Will never amount to anything.

And the clueless post of the year award goes to................

I hope he's given time. Clearly the vids of him that were shown to the 'committee wot decides who gets a permit' were of a decent enough standard to, well, convince them to give him a permit. Kaiser Chiefs player of the year and they gave (an admittedly 'low-key') Man U a decent game during their african tour last year.

I really do think there is a decent player in there and we'll see that if he's given time to adapt. Remember guys - he's came to Hearts from an entirely different continent, not just another country, we need to give him some more time - certainly more than 4 or 5 games. The biggest indication that there is more to come has been his own reviews of his performances thus far - he has been as scathing as anyone (well, not including some folk on JKB!) If he was giving it "I dunno why the fans are booing - I'm amazing!" I would be all for getting rid, but he has admitted that his performances have been below par but has indicated a willingness to work hard, improve, and prove the fans wrong. I hope he gets the time to do just that!

Geoff Kilpatrick

I think the problem Obua has to overcome is the hype when we signed him because he was portrayed as the new Skacel. Obviously, he isn't.

gogsfaesydney
He was crap against ICT but got lucky to score 1 1/2 goals

Hope he gets better though because we are stuck with him for a while

How can somebody score 1/12 goals ?

Maybe I'm looking through UGANDAN glasses :tongue: but I recall only ONE example of a poor first touch and one incident of being caught in possession.

He is a tad left footed :mw_rolleyes: but then so was Neil McCann .....and I don't recall him getting pelters for it ?

The team display was poor all round yesterday and maybe Berra's imminent departure was on a few players minds ?

Definitely an understatement, but I think you knew that. Against Hamilton he always wanted to cut inside and the defender knew that. I think he might have done better on the left with Driver running at that dodgy left back on the right wing.

Definitely an understatement, but I think you knew that. Against Hamilton he always wanted to cut inside and the defender knew that. I think he might have done better on the left with Driver running at that dodgy left back on the right wing.

He can only play at left wing or left back, he is so left footed that he has to cut inside.

Obua was still taking a lot of stick from some fans at Hamilton.

He wasn't brilliant but he was still a serious contendor for our MOTM yet fans favourites like Bruno, Eggart and Driver (3 of my favourites BTW) can be murder and there is not a peep about their performances.

Guest JamboRobbo
Obua was still taking a lot of stick from some fans at Hamilton.

He wasn't brilliant but he was still a serious contendor for our MOTM yet fans favourites like Bruno, Eggart and Driver (3 of my favourites BTW) can be murder and there is not a peep about their performances.

It's shocking. Next thing you know, players who play well most weeks will be getting cut a bit of slack by the fans when they have a poor game.

I honestly thought Obua was MOTM at Hamilton and has been coming on leaps and bounds since November.

He'll come good.

It's shocking. Next thing you know, players who play well most weeks will be getting cut a bit of slack by the fans when they have a poor game.

By the same logic then, should an improving player not be cut the same slack?

He is getting better, and was okay against Hamilton. The display was littered with shocking performances from both players and the manager against Hamilton so in doing okay, Obua had by default one of the best performances.

I don't think that he is a particularly good addition to the team though. He takes so much pace off the moves when going forward. Very slow to get forward. He also 'cheats' by playing team mates into trouble and he doesn't work off the ball.

Guest JamboRobbo
By the same logic then, should an improving player not be cut the same slack?

Players get what they deserve from fans IMO. I've rarely seen a player get stick who hadn't earned it, and I've rarely seen a player get praise who hadn't earned it.

Archived