Darren Barr (merged threads)

Dirk Diggler

Bid of 400k made.

Source - A mates text.:laugh:

Apparently doing the rounds at the federation shindig today.

Anybody else heard anything?

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Bid of 400k made.

I'd be pretty surprised if they accepted that tbh, I think they'd be looking for more for him.

doubt Hearts will pay ?400k for any player tbh. If we really had to sell Berra cause we needed the money i can't see any of it being re-invested in a transfer fee. More likely we'll sign loanees or freebies....

sorry to be so pessimistic

doubt Hearts will pay ?400k for any player tbh. If we really had to sell Berra cause we needed the money i can't see any of it being re-invested in a transfer fee. More likely we'll sign loanees or freebies....

sorry to be so pessimistic

I agree.

Just thought I'd share...........

My prediction: We have made a bid but Falkirk will want more for him and we will talk through until 5pm tomorrow where a fee could not be agreed. We will then say "ahh well, at least we tried to get someone". Then next week Barr will score the winner to put us out the cup! Would just be our luck :P

Tbh thats taking the **** as much as Celtic/Rangers do every window.

If we were to get him for that price it would be an absolute steal, however, can't see it happening.

Seems to be a lot of rumours going round this weekend of which I doubt any will come to fruition and it will be someone we have never heard of.

Mr Brightside

Anybody think that Gary Kenneth from Dundee Utd would be a better option to Barr?

I am normally impressed when I have seen him play, not sure about his price or contract status etc.

My prediction: We have made a bid but Falkirk will want more for him and we will talk through until 5pm tomorrow where a fee could not be agreed. We will then say "ahh well, at least we tried to get someone". Then next week Barr will score the winner to put us out the cup! Would just be our luck :P

After you with the happy juice please Mr Smiley.:o

tommythejambo
Anybody think that Gary Kenneth from Dundee Utd would be a better option to Barr?

I am normally impressed when I have seen him play, not sure about his price or contract status etc.

Gary Kenneth is utter Tam Kite.

Barr would be a great signing however.

Gary Kenneth is utter Tam Kite.

Barr would be a great signing however.

Agree with you there - he's cost Dundee United a few goals this season. Motherwells third a couple of weeks ago sums him up nicely.

Darren Barr would be a good signing - however I can't see us paying the cash that would be required.

Captain Lithuania

You're not Csaba Laszlo though.

Guest jambomickey
After you with the happy juice please Mr Smiley.:o

the laddies spot on! your the type who falls for the publicity stunt nonsense though

By all accounts Burnley had 400k and 450k bids rejected yesterday.

Watch this space I suppose, I would bite their hand off for 750k, Barr has been ****e this season.

chester copperpot

Doing the rounds at the Federation dance.

Haha. One person starts the rumour. The rest of the people that are drunk at the dance start a rumour.

Suddenly, we're signing him.

the laddies spot on! your the type who falls for the publicity stunt nonsense though

I'm the type who deals wi stuff when it happens as opposed to guessin wot's gonna happen and havin a whinge before it does.

Does that make sense?

The Laddie seems a bit depressed is all I meant. Nae offence meant.

Are we?

I was sure I posted the rumour was a bid had been made.

:mw_rolleyes:

Chad Sexington
Doing the rounds at the Federation dance.

Haha. One person starts the rumour. The rest of the people that are drunk at the dance start a rumour.

Careful up on that high horse CC.

I seem to recall you being no stranger to the odd rumour that turns out to be utter BS.

;)

Drylaw Hearts
We should go for Webster but of course we won't.

Vlad is like an elephant -- he never forgets.

If I thought we would be getting the same player who left us then I'd take him back.

Are you having a laugh? The guy is a complete and utter Donkey and about 2 stone overweight and he is only 20 what will he be like when he is 25.

Bid of 400k made.

Barr wouldn't be a direct replacement for Berra. He is very small for a centre back and needs to play beside a ball winning centre half. I doubt anybody will be signed for money before the window closes as Romanov admitted he needed the money from the Berra deal.

Mr Brightside
Are you having a laugh? The guy is a complete and utter Donkey and about 2 stone overweight and he is only 20 what will he be like when he is 25.

Obviously not much love for Gary Kenneth.

Thought he has looked pretty solid when I have seen him, and Barr has not been great this year, with some errors that have cost Falkirk goals.

Also thought Kenneth won the physical battle with Nade in the recent game at Tynie, and it was this that lead to Nade clattering their player and being taken off.

I think it's you who's having a laugh mate. He ain't anything overweight and is certainly one of the best young centre backs in Scotland, Still a wee bit raw but have not seen anybody deal with the Celtic forwards in Glasgow better than he did on Wednesday.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
We should go for Webster but of course we won't.

Vlad is like an elephant -- he never forgets.

Good.

I'm the type who deals wi stuff when it happens as opposed to guessin wot's gonna happen and havin a whinge before it does.

Does that make sense?

Im no having "a whinge" actually, and thank you but im far from depressed! I just posted something that i think could happen knowing our luck. I think it would just be typical if a player we were linked with was to score and put us out the cup.

Drylaw Hearts

John Clark ?

chester copperpot
Careful up on that high horse CC.

I seem to recall you being no stranger to the odd rumour that turns out to be utter BS.

;)

High horse. :laugh:

More like a fecking donkey mate.

Obviously not much love for Gary Kenneth.

Thought he has looked pretty solid when I have seen him, and Barr has not been great this year, with some errors that have cost Falkirk goals.

Also thought Kenneth won the physical battle with Nade in the recent game at Tynie, and it was this that lead to Nade clattering their player and being taken off.

Yes your correct I am not a Kenneth fan and he is solid as I said he is about two stone overweight.

I would point out when Nade clattered their player it was due to frustration on his part because the ref failed to give a blatant free kick for a foul on Nade, granted itw as silly of Nade but had the ref given the free kick then the incident would probably never have happened and Nade may well nit have been hooked by Csaba.

I think we will have to agree to diasgree on this one, cheers.;)

Guest jambomickey

Does that make sense?

having been on the same bus as the laddie yesterday i can assure you he isn't depressed just a passionate jambo.

I think it's you who's having a laugh mate. He ain't anything overweight and is certainly one of the best young centre backs in Scotland, Still a wee bit raw but have not seen anybody deal with the Celtic forwards in Glasgow better than he did on Wednesday.

I agree with you, I think Kenneth will be a great defender, he's decent now but still error-prone - he needs an experienced defender beside him and that's precisely what we don't have and are needing to buy - not potential.

HillmanHearts

IMO Barr is average & too wee.

Kenneth has potential to be really good and he is huge.

Don't think either of them are what we need just now.

Don't think Eggert is the answer at CH either.

I'd take Arfield in a heartbeat before Barr -- but as I have stated before we are not in a position to pay large fees and either of them would cost large fees.

If he's one of the best centre backs in Scotland then we are really in deep ****.

Guest JamboRobbo

Hope we get Barr, but fully expect the "we tried to get Barr but couldn't, so we got mr diddy from Kaunus instead in the short term" line to be trotted out soon enough.

I look forward to being proven wrong.

Hope we get Barr, but fully expect the "we tried to get Barr but couldn't, so we got mr diddy from Kaunus instead in the short term" line to be trotted out soon enough.

I look forward to being proven wrong.

Fully expect this to be the case also. The same situation occurred last January I think when we tried on the last day to sign Mutinho (sp) from Falkirk ironically. We ran out of time on that one too apparently.

Falkirk must have the odd chuckle at us every Burns night!

Archived