Fletcher (merged threads)

Robbo27_22

Charlie-Brown

Regardless of player quality you've got to hand it to Rod the Tache when it comes to getting inflated transfer fees for their players.

King of the North

Found this gem across the way...

Let him rot in the reserves untill we get the true value, he's been cr@p for months

Anyone spot the contradiction?

If Fletcher goes for more than Berra I'll be disappointed and astonished. There are Hobos holding out for ?4million?????

This for a striker that doesnt score.

I simply cannot believe the money being touted for a striker who has only scored 6 goals this season - he's gash. It's like scott brown, i could not believe they paid 4 million for an attacking midfielder that only scores 3 or 4 a season. credit to the vermin if they get 4 mill for him but the scouts watching him must be on somethin to think he's worth that.

Look at the players above him - all of whom you would get for much less than 4 mill, derby got porter for 400k!

McDonald Celtic 9 2 mil

Porter Motherwell 9 400k

Lovell Falkirk 8 500k

Miller Aberdeen 8 800k

Riordan Hibernian 8 N/A

Clarkson Motherwell 7 800k

Miller Rangers 7 50p

marshallschunkychicken

Hilarious quotes from Fletcher there.

He obviously doesn't anticipate being at Fester past tomorrow if he's coming out with stuff like that.

:laugh:

King of the North

I dont care if stays or not - he is gash. Wouldn't like to see them get a lot of money for him though.

I'd be delighted if Jones left though, especially for a piddling amount. He is much more important to them than fletcher.

portobellojambo1
Found this gem across the way...

Let him rot in the reserves untill we get the true value, he's been cr@p for months

Anyone spot the contradiction?

If Fletcher goes for more than Berra I'll be disappointed and astonished. There are Hobos holding out for ?4million?????

This for a striker that doesnt score.

As CB has already stated on this thread Hibs will not accept an undervaluation of one of their players as a panic measure. If Berra were a Hibs player he would not now be talking to Wolves, because Hibs would have told Wolves to take their insulting offer of ?2.3 to ?2.5 million and ram it up their holes; if Hibs want ?4 million and someone wants Fletcher Hibs will hold out for that figure.

I heard from a decent source that Jones has handed in a transfer request.

Personally if he wasn't 6ft 6 he would be stacking shelves at Tesco's.

I heard from a decent source that Jones has handed in a transfer request.

Personally if he wasn't 6ft 6 he would be stacking shelves at Tesco's.

I don't think he is good enough for Tesco's more than likely you would find him in Morrisons.

King of the North
As CB has already stated on this thread Hibs will not accept an undervaluation of one of their players as a panic measure. If Berra were a Hibs player he would not now be talking to Wolves, because Hibs would have told Wolves to take their insulting offer of ?2.3 to ?2.5 million and ram it up their holes; if Hibs want ?4 million and someone wants Fletcher Hibs will hold out for that figure.

I agree that Rod has a good record of getting over inflated fees for their players, but surely even he cannot squeeze ?4 million out of anyone for Fletcher - especially now the player has effectively told Hibs to GTF.

I reckon he will go for close to ?2million late on Monday night - which even then is a vast overinflation of his worth. What does he do? Riordan and O Connor were both better players, IMO.

All things being equal, Berra is worth double whatever Fletcher is worth

Maybe Berra had a clause in his contract stating that if a bid came in above a certain amount he would be allowed to leave!

Maybe Berra wanted to leave and move to a team that there would be the possibility of EPL football in the near future! (Hearts do not want unhappy players in the team)

Maybe, in this 'credit crunch' time Hearts need the money. Hearts are not the only team in this position!

Maybe 2.5 million is a good price for Berra!

Many, even those who do not like VR, must surely accept that his dealings in the transfer market in the past have been excellent.

Hibs 'balance sheet' may be better than ours (although the credit crunch' will be affecting them and Tom Farmer) but they still have poor attendences reflecting there lack of success and SC glory!!!

Why the hell would Celtic want to splash out so much on Fletcher he'll never get a game ahead of any of their forward line.

portobellojambo1
I agree that Rod has a good record of getting over inflated fees for their players, but surely even he cannot squeeze ?4 million out of anyone for Fletcher - especially now the player has effectively told Hibs to GTF.

I reckon he will go for close to ?2million late on Monday night - which even then is a vast overinflation of his worth. What does he do? Riordan and O Connor were both better players, IMO.

All things being equal, Berra is worth double whatever Fletcher is worth

Indeed, and even if Hibs do accept ?2 million, using the basis you suggest above (i.e. Fletcher's reaction in the paper) it still makes the offer we have accepted stupid, it is yet another case of Hearts undervaluing a player, not something unique to the present owners, has been going on for donkeys years, other than Craig Gordon (and Paul Hartley) we have gift wrapped and given players away in the main.

And the money we are getting is not going to be used to buy a better centre half, therefore talk that the 'team has not been weakened' is total BS, of course the team will be weakened. All this offer does is give those who think Hearts are teetering financially more ammunition to use, and makes a mockery of what Fedotovas told the HMSA AGM on Thursday night, i.e. that UBiG will be increasing funding into the club. If that is the case why sell to generate money to be used for other things.

Maybe some day someone will learn that the best way to achieve success off the park is by achieving success on the park, you do not achieve success on the park by selling your best players, unless you replace them with even better players.

What is it about Hibs players that they are always so desperate to leave?

We lose players to bigger clubs as often as the Hobos but our players are never in the papers bleating about a desire to play in Glasgow. Remember Thomson said he would have walked over broken glass to Ibrox.

These are the players we keep hearing are die hard Hibees??

I know they are gash, have no history, fans and the wages are at Raiths levels but why always disrespect the club??

:108years:

When the manager of their club tells new signings that joining Hibs would be a good move towards a possible move to the Old Firm in the future, why are they getting so uppity just because one of their players is now looking to go ahead with that path and is quoted as such?

Bizarre.

:108years:

Dean Sheils has played his way into a big money move. He loves Hibs but when a big club comes calling its hard to turn down...................he just couldnt say no to erm,Doncaster Rovers:108years:

Any money the filthy Leithers get for Fletchinho will go straight to Morston Assets. :laugh:

I can honestly say that if offered a choice between say Lee Miller and Fletcher, I'd take Miller every time.

Where does the hype about Fletcher come from? He is a decent young player with a good touch who scores around 10 to 15 goals a season in a pish league. IMHO he is a ?700,000 player at very best and that is only due to his age and potential to improve.

MacDonald Jardine
Dean Sheils has played his way into a big money move. He loves Hibs but when a big club comes calling its hard to turn down...................he just couldnt say no to erm,Doncaster Rovers:108years:

Mixu is quoted as saying he can understand the attraction of England.

But Doncaster?

Mixu is quoted as saying he can understand the attraction of England.

But Doncaster?

Well in fairness Doncaster has its good points. It has a racecourse,a dome thing that hosts gigs now and then and erm a chippy and a few pubs. Im sure Deano will love it.

Might even get a game if they are struggling.:108:

Mixu is apparently desperately trying to talk him into staying until the summer. There is a get out clause in his present contract with Hibs and I would not put money on him still being at the San Giro come 5pm tomorrow.

alwaysthereinspirit
I simply cannot believe the money being touted for a striker who has only scored 6 goals this season - he's gash. It's like scott brown, i could not believe they paid 4 million for an attacking midfielder that only scores 3 or 4 a season. credit to the vermin if they get 4 mill for him but the scouts watching him must be on somethin to think he's worth that.

Look at the players above him - all of whom you would get for much less than 4 mill, derby got porter for 400k!

McDonald Celtic 9 2 mil

Porter Motherwell 9 400k

Lovell Falkirk 8 500k

Miller Aberdeen 8 800k

Riordan Hibernian 8 N/A

Clarkson Motherwell 7 800k

Miller Rangers 7 50p

How come Elliot isn't on your list?:chase:

Problem was, with Berra we only had one club offering ?2.3-?2.5m and i doubt that one club would have went much if any higher due to no-one else seemingly putting in a bid (looks like a lot of scouts/clubs fell for the hype and came to watch him but were not suitably impressed enough to top the offer from Wolves).

With Fletcher we have Celtic making a bid of approx ?2m+ and no-one else, Hibs may want ?4.4m but i can't see too many clubs knocking on their door with that sort of offer to make Celtic up the ante. Hibs could end up with nothing and an unhappy player who is not exactly banging in the goals just now and who's value further drop if that form continues(especially if he is unhappy).

We had some who wanted ?3m-?4m+ for Berra, we have found out that what you want and what you get are different things, i think Hibs may also find that out.

Looks like big ears has had enough and wants to leave to follow in the path of many others from the OF feeder team....Along the M8.

Hibernian striker Steven Fletcher has revealed he is 'excited' by the prospect of a move to Celtic.

An approach from Celtic for Fletcher was rejected by Hibs on Friday and Mixu Paatelainen appeared confident the player would stay at Easter Road.

Speaking after Saturday's draw with Motherwell, the Hibs boss expressed his belief that the time was not right for Fletcher to leave the club.

However, the Scotland international believes he is ready to move on and wants to help Celtic's push for honours this season.

"I'm excited at the thought of moving to Celtic Park," Fletcher told the Sunday Mail. "I'm ambitious and would love to play for them.

"I'm at a stage where I want to win things and play in the Champions League. Celtic will give me that chance.

"For the development of my career it is time to move to a bigger club.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_4881351,00.html

Hahaha what a slap in the dish to all the tramps, their prized asset wants away.

:108years::108years::108years:

Darth Sidious

Is Fletcher's agent the same as Thomson and Broonaldo? Same tactics being used. I expect a transfer request put in by 12am.

Hahaha what a slap in the dish to all the tramps, their prized asset wants away.

:108years::108years::108years:

I know, imagine selling one of their best players eh, shockin that like.. :mw_rolleyes:

Is Fletcher's agent the same as Thomson and Broonaldo? Same tactics being used. I expect a transfer request put in by 12am.

He'd be 7 hours to late if that's the case.

;)

Anything over ?3M for a guy that doesn't score that many goals would be an astonishing piece of business for Hibs.

The power of 'Real Madrid' has really added ??? on his value, even if the Spaniards have never really been interested.

Decent player, but no better than the likes of Riordan.

Buffalo Bill

200milesfromgorgie

cardiff seem to be doing something right. Burke made a good debut and they seem to be ready to push for promotion. Hope they get him over that team in the green hoops, Farsley Celtic or something?

Archived