Words from Vlad

Legend Claws

This may have been posted already but:

Hearts boss keen to replace Berra

Hearts manager Csaba Laszlo

Laszlo's side lost 2-0 to Hamilton without Berra

Hearts manager Csaba Laszlo is hoping to sign a replacement for captain Christophe Berra, should the defender complete his protracted move to Wolves.

The 24-year-old is discussing a move to Molineux after the clubs agreed a fee.

"If the money comes back, you must ask the board if they'll spend the money on new players," Laszlo told BBC Scotland.

"I gave the board a name which can help us if the board decide to take this player, I am happy. If they don't take any players, I respect the decision."

Berra was absent from the Hearts team for the 2-0 defeat to Hamilton in order to finalise his move to the English Championship leaders.

Laszlo's first-team has also been disrupted by the delayed permanent transfer of goalkeeper Janos Balogh, who spent the first half of the season on loan at Tynecastle.

"All that has happened in the last 24 hours was not easy for the team," added Laszlo.

"The timing is very unlucky, also with Balogh. But it's okay, we have a team.

"Janos has some problems with his contract and he had a meeting with the owner. I hope next week, everything will be ready."

Meanwhile, Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov insists Berra's expected departure will not weaken the Edinburgh club.

Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov

Romanov (far right) attended Hearts' defeat at New Douglas Park

Speaking to BBC Scotland, Romanov said: "We had to sell him, otherwise he might have been stolen by somebody.

"We have a strong team and will not be weakened because of the players we have here. We are becoming stronger."

Romanov also says the Scotland international wants to leave the Scottish Premier League side.

"Of course, it's difficult to lose the captain but it's his choice," Romanov told Hearts TV. "He's determined to go.

"But it is much better than to lose a man for no money or otherwise.

"He's done very well for us and he deserves really to be treated well.

"In this situation, what's very important is the decision and determination of the player."

"The whole world is facing financial problems. As everywhere, the club has also got a few issues but there are no issues that we cannot overcome.

"We don't have any plans to necessarily sell someone. We are not in a hurry to sell."

Archived