Transfer Window Deadline - when is it?

tazhearts

We should sign this guy, would be perfect for the team just now.

From today's times - Gabrielle Marcotti http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/columnists/gabriele_marcotti/article5587342.ece

From out of nowhere

Marc Janko is 6ft 5in tall, he?s a centre forward for Red Bull Salzburg, the Austrian league leaders, and, reportedly, a transfer target for Blackburn Rovers. His mother, Eva, is a former Olympic bronze medal-winner in the javelin. He likes to upload images of his goals on YouTube and he?s been rather busy lately. For the 25-year-old has already scored no fewer than 30 times in 20 Austrian league starts. If he continues at this clip, he?ll score 51 league goals this season.

The irony in all this is that Janko is the quintessential late bloomer. He turned professional only at 21 and, before this season, he had only scored 20 league goals in his entire, admittedly injury-riddled, career. And now he?s breaking records, witness the 21 goals he scored in a nine-game stretch just before Austria?s winter break. Talk about a player coming out of nowhere.

5pm monday. Loads of time left.:eek:

So the BBC have it wrong then?

"Premier League and SPL clubs now have until midnight on Monday, 1 September to sign players after the deadline was extended by 24 hours for the convenience of clubs as the previous date fell on a Sunday.

English Football League and Blue Square Premier (Conference National) clubs have the same deadline for full transfers, but not for loans. Clubs in the English non-league pyramid below the Blue Square Premier are not bound by the transfer window system.

After midnight on 1 September, Premier League and SPL clubs cannot sign any players, on loan or full transfers, until the next transfer window in the 2008/09 season opens on 1 January. This window will stay open until midnight on Monday, 1 February.

Clubs in the Football League can sign players on loan outside of the transfer windows, following a seven-day period after the transfer window closes.

Outside of the transfer windows, any club may still sign players on an emergency basis (such as if they had no goalkeepers available) with the permission of their competition's governing body, ie the Premier League.

Players who are out of contract and do not have a club, can be signed outside of the transfer window if they are unattached free agents when the window closes."

portobellojambo1
When does the transfer window close? i have read on here that it closes at 12pm on Monday.

However according to the BBC is ends at midnight on Monday...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/6971785.stm

confused!

I hope it is midnight as I like listening to through the window while tucked up in my bed!

The deadline has been moved to 17:00 tomorrow, Monday 2 February, as a result of today being a Sunday. Normal close should have been midnight this evening.

The deadline has been moved to 17:00 tomorrow, Monday 2 February, as a result of today being a Sunday. Normal close should have been midnight this evening.

I wish they had left it as midnight tonight so it would be over and done with.These transfer windows are rank the sooner they are done away with the better.

Archived