What do you think is Hearts best goal in the Vlad years???

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

I have a few, Hartleys freekick v the hobo`s at Humpden, Pospisil`s cracking volley v The sheep in the cup run of 2006 and Rudi`s volley v Hibs at Tynie...but for me the best ive seeen has to Miko`s v Hibs on boxing day!! Great goal wouldnt have looked out of place at any ground in the world!!

I loved Hartley's goal at Livingston during the Burley era, when they broke from defence with a superb move. Summed up the way we were playing at the time perfectly.

Lee Miller v Killie 04/05; volley off the underside of the cross bar was a great technical goal.

However, Bednar's header v Rangers was my favourite, because in that moment, everything was perfect.

In that instance, I could imagine Hearts as Champions.

Buffalo Bill

Screamer of Rudi's v Livi at home which fizzed into the top corner. Just knew it was going and was emblematic of the run we were on at the time.

Lee Miller v Killie 04/05; volley off the underside of the cross bar was a great technical goal.

However, Bednar's header v Rangers was my favourite, because in that moment, everything was perfect.

Buffalo Bill

Good shout. I remember going to that game as nervous as I ever have been as a Hearts fan, but a different kind of nerves...

The feeling of keeping that winning run going was superb. As you said, we could have been champions.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Rudi's in the demolition derby when he then ran to the scu mbees and grabbed his shirt and told them to feck off.

A moment of heightened experience...

same season as Bill's 04/05 but was just before Romanov came in so does not count but one of the best goals I have seen from a Hearts player so wanted to mention it.....Hartley v Bragga at M'field

Some great goals already mentioned.

Pospisil's Cup goal against Aberdeen.

Pinilla's at Pittodrie - SPL goal of last season in my view.

Janny's against Motherwell.

I also loved Lee Miller's equaliser at ER if we're including rump 2004-5 as part of the Vlad years. Fantastic build-up and a great finish.

same season as Bill's 04/05 but was just before Romanov came in so does not count

Actually Romanov was unveiled to the crowd before it. It was his first game owning the club.

Drylaw Hearts

Pospisil v Aberdeen at Tynie in 2005.

or

Pospisil v Aberdeen at Tynie in 2006.

Both absolute screamers.

Drylaw Hearts
Actually Romanov was unveiled to the crowd before it. It was his first game owning the club.

Romanovs first game owning the Club was v Dunfermline in October 2005.

always makes me smile when skacel scored versus hibs at tynecastle then got up done his celebration and told the hibs fans pretty much where to go ... brilliant.

skacel versus celtic at celtic park ..... WE ARE UNBEATABLE ....

little did we know burley was on his way out ....

oh how we have fallen ....

would have to disagree there TF. CPR still in charge then as it was 16/9/2004 and Romanov may have been being sounded out but did own the club then IIRC.

Drylaw Hearts
I thought Romanov officially took over Jan 05?

Buffalo Bill

IIRC, VR bought 29.9% of the Club in February 2005.

He then increased his share to 55.5% in October 2005.

IIRC, VR bought 29.9% of the Club in February 2005.

Which coincided with Miko?s last good game, if I recollect?

Buffalo Bill

Sorry, he became 'majority shareholder' so that would be VR's reign no?

Unless that means that VR wasn't in charge during the Burley era?

Horse, the Lee Miller goal was in February 2005.

Drylaw Hearts

He was in charge and was the majority Shareholder but technically he didn't own the club.

Which is what you posted.

Drylaw Hearts

Buffalo Bill

You could be right there.

My favourite was Jani's in the cup semi. At that point I knew I could enjoy the next few years in the satisfaction that we pumped them in the biggest derby of my lifetime. Hartley's 3rd was just the icing on the cake.

1. Skacel v Hibs - gesturing to the Hibees in the sun !

2. Bednar v Rangers - bought the celebration photo online !

3. Miko v AEK Athens - great moment !

cardboardcutout

Buffalo Bill

AGREE! The seed of "we could do this" was planted right there!!:):sad::mad:

I said the Hartley goal which was 16/9/2004. Miller's goal was Bills.

It is ok...apology accepted TF:)

Janny v Well - a screamer

Miko v Hibs - same as above

Bednar v Celtic - Lennons back pass

Janny v Hibs - semi final rounding Zibi

Pospisil v Aberdeen in the cup run

Both Hearts goals in the Celtic 01/01/06 game

Hartley's first and second v Hibs - semi final, 1st the speed of the counter was unbelievable at the time, I still look in amazment when I watch it back on DVD, how can we rip Hibs apart like we did that day, the 2nd, that free kick, do I need to say anymore?

Pospisil v Hibs - 30 seconds and we're 1-up after Mickey burst through the Hibs defence, my best memory of him (+ winning pen in semi and scoring one in final)

Driver v Hibs - Andy Pandy's kefuffle with the ball and Driver had it in the net. #Are you Zibi in disguise?!!!#

Driver v Rangers - 4-2 game this season, the one that nearly burst the inside of the side netting.

The two shots that were so nearly goals that I wish was were Neilson v Rangers last season in the 85th minute sitting at 1-1, he hit a shot from 35-40 yards and it either hit the bar or was narrowly over. Also Gordon v Inverness CT, a free kick that got caught in the swirling wind inside Tynecastle, just pushed over by the Caley keeper!

Great times!

I said the Hartley goal which was 16/9/2004. Miller's goal was Bills.

It is ok...apology accepted TF:)

Misread it - sozzle.

Buffalo Bill

Think his 1st game was v Aberdeen at Tynecastle Jan 05. Saturday before we played Motherwell in CIS semi final at ER. He was sh ite that day and has only got worse. A poor mans Junjo!

Drylaw Hearts
Think his 1st game was v Aberdeen at Tynecastle Jan 05. Saturday before we played Motherwell in CIS semi final at ER. He was sh ite that day and has only got worse. A poor mans Junjo!

Was it not v Livi at The Shopping Centre Stadium ?

I recall him coming on as a sub in a midweek match.

Was it not v Livi at The Shopping Centre Stadium ?

I recall him coming on as a sub in a midweek match.

Could be right DH. Maybe the Aberdeen game was his 1st home match.

Hartley v Livingston (Sep 05) was sublime.

Livi were crap, but we just walked it in; superb team goal.

Elliot's 2nd v Falkirk (Dec 05) was a cracker too; if only he could do it more often.

Pinilla v ICT, great header.

Bednar v Livi (3-2, Mar 06) was a good 'un.

Bruno free kick v 'Well (Around Dec 06).

Buffalo Bill

Hampden Park, April 2nd. 2006: Paul Hartley's first goal in the semi-final against Hibs.

The move from the half way line to the back of the net was sheer poetry.

The Old Tolbooth

Buffalo Bill

For some reason that day was about as special a day as it gets in my life of being a jambo, there was just something about the whole day, the atmosphere was incredible, the play was fantastic, even the away end was very quiet.

There was a certain aura about the stadium that day and for the first time I actually "believed" as we had an air of invincibility about us which is why Bednars header was so special.

For terms of sheer class and ability the 2 goals that I loved the most are both by Miko, the first is the winner on boxing day against hibs in a 3-2 win, and Miko's finish at Aberdeen was superb when we beat them 3-1 last season.

magalufhearts

Hartley`s free kick vs Hobos in the BIG semi, the pic on zibi`s face was a picture. Also the Miko goal against Smellic was an absolute screamer.

The goal Zaliukas goal at Fester Road has special memories in the Hobo "party day".

Skacel`s celebration vs the Hobos was class.

But the Penalty by Hartley is the most special goal to me vs the sheep to put is into the champions league!

HMFCjamieHMFC

Makela against barca was a great moment and mikos goal against AK Athens as it was all them before it.They weren't the best goals we have scored but the gave me some of the best moments in my life so far

Buffalo Bill

I'll always remember that feeling, was on a high for ages. Came home to watch TV, and as the national news came on BBC on and they were announcing the headlines I joked "And in football, Hearts beat Rangers 1-0." Ten seconds later Fiona Bruce or someone said, "And Hearts make it 8 wins in a row against Rangers to stay top of the SPL."

Even my mum laughed.

We'd made it.

Looking back we seemed to be good forever, but looking at the results again, that 1-1 draw with Aberdeen in Rix's first game I think, I knew it was going to take a lot for us to win the league from there. It's amazing the difference one manager can make. To think the 3-2 Celtic game meant so much seems strange now. In some ways a lot of Hearts fans probably think it was the game that ended our season in the league-winning sense.

Anyway, that was totally off topic. My favourite goal from the Vlad era? Roman's and Elvis' headers against Rangers and Celtic for what they meant at the time, Skacel's first in the 2-1 win over Livi in December 05. Chesney's v Partick, Miko's v Hibs in the Gordon/Shiels game, Driver's v Rangers this season, Velicka's 2 v Celtic at Parkhead.

I'm crap at picking favourites!

Makela against barca was a great moment and mikos goal against AK Athens as it was all them before it.They weren't the best goals we have scored but the gave me some of the best moments in my life so far

Just watched Miko's goal on HW, I'd actually forgotten about it. First time I watched it there I just had a massive smile on my face, watched it again and shivers ran up my spine. "It's daylight robbery!" So many big goals like that in the last few years, where for that instant it was just magic. I've never seen fans leap as high as they do in the background of that highlight.

Miko v AEK

Makela v Barca

Hartley v Sheep

Bednar v Gers

Pressley v Celtic

Probably even the first goal against Siroki Brijeg (Tall?).

Hopefully we get that aura back soon.

I have never celebrated a goal the way i did when Bednar scored against Celtic,only because it was a backpass by Neil Lennon

Another fav was Hartleys pen to beat Aberdeen for us to get 2nd spot

Walter Bishop
Rudi's in the demolition derby when he then ran to the scu mbees and grabbed his shirt and told them to feck off.A moment of heightened experience...

iconic!!!!!!

Archived