Which one of you was it?

3inaBednar

Why Mixu must go

From ilovehumpinmygranniesdog.net -

"We are Hibernian FC. A team remowned for its attacking flair. A history of attacking full backs and wingers. A team renowned for passing and flowing football.

This heritage is now being destroyed by MP. I have sat and watched with increasing dismay at half decent players looking ever more uncomfortable on the ball. Hiding. Not helping others on the ball. Full backs afraid to overlap. No width. And a constant reliance on back to front long ball.

It is absolutely awful stuff. My Saturday afternoons are spent with my friends of 30 years. And now we take our own boys. It is part of the tradition. And THE big part of that tradition is to go and see flowing, passing, attacking football. I want to see wingers. I want to see attacking full backs. I want to see midfielders passing and moving. Helping each other. Moving the ball from defence to attack on the deck.

My Saturdays are not good just now. Today was the worst so far. My boys are starting to not want to go. If I didn't have a ST I probably wouldn't make them. There will be less than 10,000 at the next home game unless a managerial change takes place that offers hope of a return to flair."

Come on, who wrote this, surely no hobo fan can actually think this guff up, must have been a Jambo. I mean ' the heritage is being destroyed' etc were these guys around in the 80's and 90's???:108years:

Why Mixu must go

"We are Hibernian FC. A team remowned for its attacking flair. A history of attacking full backs and wingers. A team renowned for passing and flowing football.

This heritage is now being destroyed by MP. I have sat and watched with increasing dismay at half decent players looking ever more uncomfortable on the ball. Hiding. Not helping others on the ball. Full backs afraid to overlap. No width. And a constant reliance on back to front long ball.

It is absolutely awful stuff. My Saturday afternoons are spent with my friends of 30 years. And now we take our own boys. It is part of the tradition. And THE big part of that tradition is to go and see flowing, passing, attacking football. I want to see wingers. I want to see attacking full backs. I want to see midfielders passing and moving. Helping each other. Moving the ball from defence to attack on the deck.

My Saturdays are not good just now. Today was the worst so far. My boys are starting to not want to go. If I didn't have a ST I probably wouldn't make them. There will be less than 10,000 at the next home game unless a managerial change takes place that offers hope of a return to flair."

Come on, who wrote this, surely no hobo fan can actually think this guff up, must have been a Jambo. I mean ' the heritage is being destroyed' etc were these guys around in the 80's and 90's???:108years:

If this guys been watching the hobos for the last 30 years he should be used to rank football because for at least 25 of those years they have been awful.

By the rime next season starts this season will have been added to those years of flair football and the delusion will start all over again.

Its almost as if the years from 1977 to 2005 never really existed.

Funny thing is, I remember them and I'm absolutely certain that Hibs were completely and utterly PISH for that whole period.

Isn't there a limit to how much sheeite one person can come out with ? Utter ramjets.

King of the North
Its almost as if the years from 1977 to 2005 never really existed.

Funny thing is, I remember them and I'm absolutely certain that Hibs were completely and utterly PISH for that whole period.

Isn't there a limit to how much sheeite one person can come out with ? Utter ramjets.

Funny that, I could have sworn the same thing.

What I fail to understand is how the whole lot of them, and indeed the media, buy into the whole thing.

It is mass delusion and mass deception on a grand scale. All clubs have had great teams in the past - Hibs had a decent one in the 70s (that won the grand total of one league cup) and a very, very good one in the early fifties (although not as good as the Hearts side that came later that decade). Only the Hobos seem to think that makes them and them alone the keepers of the footballing philosopher's stone.

The rest of the time, particularly as you say in the last 30 years, they have been rank rotten - joyful to watch at times from a Hearts perspective. I have been in Hearts ends and given ironic standing ovations to the likes of Joe Tortolano, a 97 yr old ray Wilkins, and Ivan Sproule. They have been very good fun for us down the years, the hobos.

They talk a lot about the Hibernian way - for anyone who has watched them the last 30 years that can only mean being utter gash, losing in derbies - often heavily, winning nothing and being very much second class citizens in your own city.

Perhaps it is understandable why they invent a flair filled fantasy world- after all, reality has not been kind to them.

Funny that, I could have sworn the same thing.

What I fail to understand is how the whole lot of them, and indeed the media, buy into the whole thing.

It is mass delusion and mass deception on a grand scale. All clubs have had great teams in the past - Hibs had a decent one in the 70s (that won the grand total of one league cup) and a very, very good one in the early fifties (although not as good as the Hearts side that came later that decade). Only the Hobos seem to think that makes them and them alone the keepers of the footballing philosopher's stone.

The rest of the time, particularly as you say in the last 30 years, they have been rank rotten - joyful to watch at times from a Hearts perspective. I have been in Hearts ends and given ironic standing ovations to the likes of Joe Tortolano, a 97 yr old ray Wilkins, and Ivan Sproule. They have been very good fun for us down the years, the hobos.

They talk a lot about the Hibernian way - for anyone who has watched them the last 30 years that can only mean being utter gash, losing in derbies - often heavily, winning nothing and being very much second class citizens in your own city.

Perhaps it is understandable why they invent a flair filled fantasy world- after all, reality has not been kind to them.

Post of the day and it's only 8:46am!:108years::108::108years::108:

Why Mixu must go

If I didn't have a ST I probably wouldn't make them.

The highlighted bit above should be filed under child cruelty. :108years:

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
Doesn?t read like a wind-up. That?s exactly the sort of pesh you regularly hear from Hobos...

I'm amazed. If I could keep my face straight while saying it, I'd claim it was me that wrote it. I might even do another one much the same.

i like to think it's not a wind-up. to be safe in the knowledge that there are indeed hobo trumpets still believing in the big myth would be nice.

remarkable bunch they are, a wonder to behold.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Its time these types of fellows where invited over from 4fingers3thumbsidonemymum.net for a Q&A session.

Anyone who has read Aiden Smith's book, "Heartfelt", (I was given it. I did not buy it. Honest!), will realise that even intelligent and educated Hibs fans , are embued with the notion that their's is the artistic high ground.

The writer's erudition is evident in his word-craft, but the book's content is pervaded by the premise that Hearts are a team of cloggers and journeymen, and that club, ground and supporters are all inferior to their city rivals.

I read it with increasing anger and disbelief, but, perservered to the end, in a vain hope of a Damascas-like moment, or even an apology for, or moderation of, the many snide remarks about ourselves.

It would seem that they are all equally deluded, regardless of intelligence, education or breeding.

Archived