Who will replace Berra from existing squad?

tazhearts

Other than the possibility of Eggert forming a new partnership with Zaliukas for the rest of the season, who else from our current squad may get the chance to take Berra's place?

Obviously not Rapnik as many have said as he has left the club.

What about Ryan McGowan? Everyone was was talking about him at the end of last season as the next player to come through. 6ft 3in tall, former under 19 captain, left footed (I think).

Has anyone seen McGowan play this season? I know he has been talked about as a centre midfield player but I would like to see him get a shot at the back. Csaba could work wonders with him.

Toxteth O'Grady
Other than the possibility of Eggert forming a new partnership with Zaliukas for the rest of the season, who else from our current squad may get the chance to take Berra's place?

Obviously not Rapnik as many have said as he has left the club.

What about Ryan McGowan? Everyone was was talking about him at the end of last season as the next player to come through. 6ft 3in tall, former under 19 captain, left footed (I think).

Has anyone seen McGowan play this season? I know he has been talked about as a centre midfield player but I would like to see him get a shot at the back. Csaba could work wonders with him.

McGowan has looked decent when I've seen him, whetherl he would be good alongside Zaliukas remains to be seen.

Eggert can do a job if required, what about the big Polish guy (Mrowiec) can he play left Centre back?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Today Jonsson will drop in but long term we should maybe look at bringing Karipidis back into defence.

Today Jonsson will drop in but long term we should maybe look at bringing Karipidis back into defence.

No, we wont do that. Karapidis has been excellent where he's been playing so why weaken one area when there is no guarantee your solidfying the area your trying to solidify.

Karapidis was an absolute bombscare at centre half when he's played there. Far worse than Zaliukas ever was. He's just not strong enough to play there and he'd get bullied week after week.

Jonsson and Zaliukas until we sign a proper centre half, whether thats in the next two days or not till the summer.

Going by today's brave attempt to get back into the game (aye right Csaba!) we'll likely sign 4 more centre halves so we can play 7 of them in our next game with 2 wingers, Obua running around just for a laugh and one slow striker 30 yards ahead of everyone. Cannae wait.

Archived