Ingolfur Sigurdsson

StrikersInstinct

StrikersInstinct

The Icelandic wonderkid I posted about some months ago and trained with Hearts. Rumours in Iceland he's set to join Hearts. Not confirmed though. Would be a coup imo as he trained with Chelsea before christmas after Frank Arnesen personally travelled to Iceland to speak with him and his family.

Arsenal have also invited him to train along with some other top european clubs, maybe Jonsson has given him a chat.

The Icelandic wonderkid I posted about some months ago. Rumours in Iceland he's set to join Hearts. Not confirmed though. Would be a coup imo as he trained with Chelsea before christmas after Frank Arnesen personally travelled to Iceland to speak with him and his family.

Arsenal have also invited him to train along with some other top european clubs, maybe Jonsson has given him a chat.

Cheers for that, what position does he play again?

StrikersInstinct
Cheers for that, what position does he play again?

Left winger:

The clips from a U-16 Iceland - Norway game last spring.

loveofthegame
I have to admit I'd be a tiny bit excited if this came off.

I won't be getting to far ahead of myself even if we do pull it off after bad experiences with Rapnik, Copil and Branny...

Charlie-Brown

Well even if it doesn't we already have some great prospects coming through in the 15-16 year age group, local lads. :)

The Icelandic wonderkid I posted about some months ago and trained with Hearts. Rumours in Iceland he's set to join Hearts. Not confirmed though. Would be a coup imo as he trained with Chelsea before christmas after Frank Arnesen personally travelled to Iceland to speak with him and his family.

Sorry mate, just a bit sick about the next european wonderkid ! we don't have a great record. On the plus side if he can show the same mentailty as Jonsson then we are on to a winner,on the other hand another Copil and we doomed !

StrikersInstinct
Have got room for another wonderkid ? :tongue:

Must admit I know nothing of the lad, how old is he and is he ready for the first team ?

He's 16 and no he's not ready for the first team. Hes played for the KR Reykjavik first team but thats different kettle of fish all together.

there was a couple of comments on that youtube page welcoming him to the 'celtic family'

Drylaw Hearts

He certainly looks a good player from the footage.

StrikersInstinct
there was a couple of comments on that youtube page welcoming him to the 'celtic family'

He was rumoured to be joining them a while back but there was no truth in that he said.

Has he eaten a potato once, being from Iceland he must have eaten fish on a friday

He's 16 and no he's not ready for the first team. Hes played for the KR Reykjavik first team but thats different kettle of fish all together.

Cheers didn't realise he was so young although the term wonderkid should have given it away. ;)

Charlie-Brown

Finnbogason & Bjarnason's experience and virtually zero chances given at Celtic would hopefully put off any Icelandic kid thinking of going there. :)

Was that him scoring the free kick, that was a screamer. Admittedly the keeper didn't look too clever but at the same time it's not as if a Hibs keeper would have saved it

jamboinglasgow

Good to hear that, lets hope it is true as it is always good to get a talented youngster into the youth ranks to complenment the talented Scottish youngsters.

I think if we do sign him, I think the club should not make a big thing about it as we need to learn the lessons from Copil. Dont build a player up too early as it will only dissapoint people when it goes wrong.

Cheers didn't realise he was so young although the term wonderkid should have given it away. ;)

unless they play for celtic in which case they are 23yo wonderkids:laugh:

unless they play for celtic in which case they are 23yo wonderkids:laugh:

Or Hibs, who im sure have 26,27 and 29 year old wonderkids

Left winger:

The clips from a U-16 Iceland - Norway game last spring.

Is it just me or is it not a bit strange that these are the only two video clips available of the lad on the net? (and they have been around for ages - albeit he looks amazing in them). I would like to see some clips of him playing more recently and against adults.

Strikers Instinct. Is the lad still progressing as he was? Is he still the most exciting prospect in Iceland?

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/under17/fixturesresults/round=15211/match=302098/index.html

Any reason why he was sub in the above under 17 international a few months ago? Surely Iceland don't have such an abundance of wonderkids that he can't even make the under 17 team?

StrikersInstinct
Strikers Instinct. Is the lad still progressing as he was? Is he still the most exciting prospect in Iceland?

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/under17/fixturesresults/round=15211/match=302098/index.html

Any reason why he was sub in the above under 17 international a few months ago? Surely Iceland don't have such an abundance of wonderkids that he can't even make the under 17 team?

Well he had just turned 15 when that game took place, so I think thats the reason. He's without a doubt he most talented young player over here.

Strikers Instinct...

How many 1st team games has he played for KR Reykjavik? Are they one of the top teams in Iceland? Has there been any mention of a transfer fee?

Thanks

tazhearts

Archived