No players Out and No Players In

ELITHEDUG

rudi must stay
Would you be happy with this ?

wouldn't be happy but if that was the case then fine. We have a settled team at the moment that's playing well

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Wouldn't lose any sleep over it. It would be good to keep Berra and Driver, it would be bad to not get rid of Kingston and it would be bad to not get a striker in. But none of those things are life or death.

I would be over the moon personally. We would have to rely on a bit of luck having Aguiar/nade/glen fit for the rest of the season though.

No. I love seeing new players come in. I know a lot of them have been duds lately and i don't want to see kaunas players come in but I'm actually willing to see the likes of kingston, berra, stewart , karapidis or zaliukas go just to get a decent striker in. Obviously i'd rather the latter 2 players go.

When did we last have a player that had a bit of skill? ye know, someone that would take players on and skin them inside out. Thats what i want. If we were to get a player like that and a good striker i would be very very happy.

Would be very happy yes. Would be even happier though if Glen also gets a decent chance in the 2nd half of the season.

No. I love seeing new players come in. I know a lot of them have been duds lately and i don't want to see kaunas players come in but I'm actually willing to see the likes of kingston, berra, stewart , karapidis or zaliukas go just to get a decent striker in. Obviously i'd rather the latter 2 players go.

When did we last have a player that had a bit of skill? ye know, someone that would take players on and skin them inside out. Thats what i want. If we were to get a player like that and a good striker i would be very very happy.

You'd rather we lost Karapidis? He's been arguably been our best player this season, why would you rather he left than Stewart or Kingston?

I could handle losing Stewart Zal and Larry, if it meant a striker and A N other, probably an LB.

I dont think the squad we have now will be the one we have in February though.

Patience. The summer is when Csaba can build his squad, the January transfer window for most managers is just trying to come out of it unscathed. If Milan can reject a 140million pound bid for a player then what chance do Hearts have. Personally i would like us to get one striker on loan for 6 months (killen or velicka), then let Csaba wheel n deal in the Summer and not let the market force his hand in January.

Mentioned this a while ago.

Think we really need to keep the likes of Driver and Berra until the end of the season. Otherwise I could see us getting unsettled and slipping back down the league. So yes I'd be content if things stayed as they are.

Echoing the other opinions on this thread though I think we really do need to get shot of kingston asap while he still holds some value.

Also it is pretty evident that we badly need a striker. Still I'd rather we didn't sign one than bring in some huddys to make up the numbers. We need a striker but at the same time they need to really have a bit of quality to give us a good run in to the end of season and contribute a few goals. Personally I think a loan deal would be best if the right player can be found.

You'd rather we lost Karapidis? He's been arguably been our best player this season, why would you rather he left than Stewart or Kingston?

I just think Kingston and Stewart are more talented players. I know karapidis has been good for us this season but i'm willing to lose him if it means getting some quality. Saying that... I think kingston is ready to go. Im not sure if his heart is in it anymore. Berra has stated he wants to move on to bigger and better things also.

Yeah reasonably happy. I've said before it's nice to get a couple of new faces in to give the team a wee bit of a kick on but, TBH it's a decent enough team with the right motivation to get 3rd place. We do need more goals mind but perhaps Big Dave and GG will get em for us.

bilston angel

The signs are that moves are afoot, who is moving, whether in or out, I have no idea. All that talk at the press conference coupled with our previous actions i.e. last day dealing, looks like something's gonna happen.

We can only hope its for the better.

No.

There are reasons to settle for this conclusion though, The risk of players out and no players in is very real too. Perhaps, whilst we scream for players to be signed hear and there, this negative position is what Csaba is battling against. Hence its not who you signed, but what your prevent from leaving - which becomes the measurable.

I think this could be the case - not because of some dark intentions but rather financial realities. If we can hold on to what we've got, when everything else linked to banking is falling apart, I'd be happy, releived and consider it a step forward.

If we were to trade 1:1 it would be a midfielder out and striker in - that's broadly in line with many of the posts on this thread.

I dont see much prospect of 0:1 (no one out and new players in) - the finances are simply not accomodative.

Deodato

No.

There are reasons to settle for this conclusion though, The risk of players out and no players in is very real too. Perhaps, whilst we scream for players to be signed hear and there, this negative position is what Csaba is battling against. Hence its not who you signed, but what your prevent from leaving - which becomes the measurable.

I think this could be the case - not because of some dark intentions but rather financial realities. If we can hold on to what we've got, when everything else linked to banking is falling apart, I'd be happy, releived and consider it a step forward.

If we were to trade 1:1 it would be a midfielder out and striker in - that's broadly in line with many of the posts on this thread.

I dont see much prospect of 0:1 (no one out and new players in) - the finances are simply not accomodative.

Deodato

I think the problems occur if it is 1:0

I wouldn't throw myself off the nearest bridge, but I'd be disappointed that we couldn't dredge up a half-decent striker from somewhere, anywhere, to supplement the squad.

No.

Deodato

Too True. Csaba is doing well, we're all happy with things the now and most of think Csaba is doing all he can to get a new striker in and anyone else is a plus but at the end of the day... we've not heard a thing from romanov all season and he could pull the rug out from under our feet at any time.

Jam Tarts 1874

I'd be more interested in making sure that we get players like Bruno, Karipidis and Neilson signed up on new contracts.

Dr Ian Malcolm

No point in bringing in players for the sake of a new face. Yes it adds a bit of excitement but how often has that been justified. Jan 2006 saw everyone pish themselves with glee - two years later and we have Bruno to show for it.

I'd be happy with none in/none out. Keeping our good players now and having a good season makes us a damn sight more attractive option for new players in the summer.

No point in bringing in players for the sake of a new face. Yes it adds a bit of excitement but how often has that been justified. Jan 2006 saw everyone pish themselves with glee - two years later and we have Bruno to show for it.

I'd be happy with none in/none out. Keeping our good players now and having a good season makes us a damn sight more attractive option for new players in the summer.

I'd agree on the "none out", as long as our finances can support it, but do you not agree that we need a bit of strengthening on the striker front?

I will be dissapointed if we dont manage to sign some form of striker but happy to keep our big names at least until the end of the season.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Totally agree, but it seems that we'd have to punt one of our key players to bring one in, which may be more damaging. We've needed a striker all season but we're not doing too badly.

For example, we flog Driver and sign A. Striker. We've gained someone who might score goals, but we lose someone we know can create for us. I'd rather stick with what we know just now rather than gamble on a striker who may or may not improve the team.

Come the summer, we'll hopefully be in more of a poisition to get who we want, rather than who's available.

Totally agree, but it seems that we'd have to punt one of our key players to bring one in, which may be more damaging. We've needed a striker all season but we're not doing too badly.

For example, we flog Driver and sign A. Striker. We've gained someone who might score goals, but we lose someone we know can create for us. I'd rather stick with what we know just now rather than gamble on a striker who may or may not improve the team.

Come the summer, we'll hopefully be in more of a poisition to get who we want, rather than who's available.

That's a fair point Pilch, but given the tightness of the three-horse race that we're in for that European place, I'm not sure if "not doing too badly" is enough. I'm sure that Csaba's well aware of that though so hopefully he and Vlad can pluck the rabbit out of the hat.

Archived