Chris Coleman

200milesfromgorgie

Probably, yes, but he would never come to us.

He'd certainly command respect from the players and, as such, our discipline and overall fitness would probably improve.

Whether or not he's any good at the whole tactics/management thing is another story but, as this point, we need somebody, anybody, as I don't think there's anyone at the club who is able to take us forward.

Judging by the position we're in, that's a depressing, depressing thing to think about.

200milesfromgorgie

you say he would never come to us, but i think hes a more realistic target than alot of other names linked with the club.

anyhoo we wont approach him, there a new stand that need built dont yer know!?

200milesfromgorgie
Not me.

ok....but hold on ......

To the Vladimir Romanov/Julien Brellier tune.

WE NEED A MANAGER.

WE NEED A MANAGER.

WE NEED A MANAGER.

WE NEED A MANAGER.

beggers cant be chossers :P

boabyarsebiscuit

He'd certainly command respect from the players and, as such, our discipline and overall fitness would probably improve.

Whether or not he's any good at the whole tactics/management thing is another story but, as this point, we need somebody, anybody, as I don't think there's anyone at the club who is able to take us forward.

Judging by the position we're in, that's a depressing, depressing thing to think about.

He's rubbish.

And if Romanov had problems with Geoerge Burley's "lifestyle" he'll have even bigger issues with Coleman. Coleman recently turned up at a Real Sociedad press conference (morning) straight from a night-club and was disciplined for it. Add this to the circumstances of his career ending injury, and you'll catch my drift.

Your wrong infact. The person i sit next to at tynecastle is regularly in st sebastian, where Coleman manages Real Sociedad. He has a flat out there and Coleman has the flat above him. He regularly talks to him and when aske if he would take the hearts job he said yes he would. He did however say he would take any job.

200milesfromgorgie
Your wrong infact. The person i sit next to at tynecastle is regularly in st sebastian, where Coleman manages Real Sociedad. He has a flat out there and Coleman has the flat above him. He regularly talks to him and when aske if he would take the hearts job he said yes he would. He did however say he would take any job.

he has quit sociedad today.

200milesfromgorgie
There we go then. I would take him.

right then he's all yours. but save some for later and dont spoil your tea.

I stand corrected, but I seriously doubt a professional football manager would answer "No ****ing way" when asked if he would manager any club.

boabyarsebiscuit
I stand corrected, but I seriously doubt a professional football manager would answer "No ****ing way" when asked if he would manager any club.

Not when there's beer money to be earned.

He reminds me of Craig Levein in his demeanour, sense of humour and the way he deals with the media and his record at Fulham was pretty good for a rookie.

I would take him (if we can't get Levein himself).

There seems to be a lot of innuendo on here and not much about his abilities. I wonder how long Cloughie would have lasted as a manager these days. And from the way people criticise, there seem to be a lot more teetotallers on this board than I would have expected....

chester copperpot
There seems to be a lot of innuendo on here and not much about his abilities. I wonder how long Cloughie would have lasted as a manager these days. And from the way people criticise, there seem to be a lot more teetotallers on this board than I would have expected....

Chill man FFS. I dont think its about being teetotal, its about being professional in your place of work.

Never ever have I worked with a hangover :teu35:

boabyarsebiscuit

Romanov seems to have problems with certain lifestyle choices his employees make. If he sacked Burley over alleged bevvying, would he not do the same to Coleman for similar misdemeanours, if they occurred?

I think it's valid to raise the point - not giving it a "holier than thou" stance at all.

Plus he's pish. In my opinion of course.

Romanov seems to have problems with certain lifestyle choices his employees make. If he sacked Burley over alleged bevvying, would he not do the same to Coleman for similar misdemeanours, if they occurred?

I think it's valid to raise the point - not giving it a "holier than thou" stance at all.

Plus he's pish. In my opinion of course.

Fair enough. He seems to me to be an intelligent man and a capable manager. But each to their own.

I'll be surprised if we get a Premiership manager.

He is maybe poor compared to Wenger and Ferguson etc but Walter Smith and Gordon Strachan hardly did a thing managing their Premeirship teams and these are the guys we are up against.

I would be delighted if Coleman came to Hearts a very very good manager. Done an excellent job at Fulham, training methods are very scientific (which would suit Romanov), deals with the media well, commands respect from many within the game. Mourhino reckoned Coleman was one of the best bosses in EPL, good enough for me!

boabyarsebiscuit
I would be delighted if Coleman came to Hearts a very very good manager. Done an excellent job at Fulham, training methods are very scientific (which would suit Romanov), deals with the media well, commands respect from many within the game. Mourhino reckoned Coleman was one of the best bosses in EPL, good enough for me!

Steve Kean was the brains at Fulham (ask John Collins, LOL!), and is the brains in the current Coleman/Kean partnership.

Coleman without Kean. Very bad move. Very bad.

Link

Chris Coleman has confirmed he will stay on as Real Sociedad coach despite being stripped of any control over which players are brought into the club.

Former Liverpool coach Pako Ayesteran will be responsible for picking out new players until the end of the season, a situation Coleman is prepared to accept.

With Korobochka being DOF, our set up would probably be similar wouldn't it?

Though he did quit a couple days after saying that.

Archived