Wheatfield Stand Construction - Wee Video

Stuart Lyon

Finally got round to producing a wee 8+ minute video of the construction of the Wheatfield Stand and other stadium changes carried out in 1994.

It can be found at:-

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=t6MHX6xBuvY

Sorry it doesn't include footage of the final product but I think I must have gone on holiday.

Hope you enjoy it.

Better call Saul

Fanstastic stuff .

Dont worry about not incluiding the final product , I/we see it every other week:tongue:

Brought back some mixed memories. I was sorry to see the old shed go but like most knew we had to improve the ground

Nice one, Cheers..

It must be a right pain in the arse having to put in all the seats induvidualy..

Finally got round to producing a wee 8+ minute video of the construction of the Wheatfield Stand and other stadium changes carried out in 1994.

It can be found at:-

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=t6MHX6xBuvY

Sorry it doesn't include footage of the final product but I think I must have gone on holiday.

Hope you enjoy it.

I Just watched the entire film, absolutely Fantastic mate well done, it was strange to see the stand on its own without the Gorgie, or School end Stands, a priceless film that brings back great memories.

Thanks for all the work you put into making the film it was brilliant.:108years:

Great video. The highight for me was seeing the Mark V Cortina, and one day I'm going to buy one of those beauties.

I used to go watch the stand being built most days, and incredibly, I had a girfriend at the time as well.

Buffalo Bill

scott herbertson
Great video. The highight for me was seeing the Mark V Cortina, and one day I'm going to buy one of those beauties.

I used to go watch the stand being built most days, and incredibly, I had a girfriend at the time as well.

Buffalo Bill

What was she, editor of Construction News Weekly?

good vid, and some funky effects!!! (15 years old i suppose).

hard to believe it's been that long. it will soon be looking a bit like that again. :eek:

PresidentRomanov

Buffalo Bill

I used to drive along most lunchtimes, and sit in the Gorgie Road end eating my pieces, watching it get built :ohmy:

Victorian - the effects are all from iLife 09 which I had delivered yesterday!

:D:D:D

very sorry, i'll just shut up. now that i come to think of it, there were things there you just wouldn't have seen 15 years ago.

very interesting video.

brilliant stuff.

amazing to see tynecastle without any stands, like someone said, it is quite staggering how much ground hearts have there

I used to drive along most lunchtimes, and sit in the Gorgie Road end eating my pieces, watching it get built :ohmy:

It was always really sunny and warm. Great summer that one.

Buffalo Bill

What was she, editor of Construction News Weekly?

Yeah, she was into big erections.

Buffalo Bill

Memories, Memories, Memories

I forgot how tight it must have been getting the stand built when the old warehouse was still there, these days with the football pitch at the back of the Wheatfield it looks so open

Great video, but where the hell have the last 15 years of my life gone !!

I've always felt that our stadium is much more attractive on the inside than from what you see driving along the West Approach.

It's a pity it looks pretty cheap, and pretty grimey on the outside.

On the inside, it's the best asset the club has and I was very proud to have contributed to its construction.

Buffalo Bill

I know its a bit sad it took all that time to produce it but it is only since I took early retirement 16 months ago that I have found time to indulge in this hobby. I have a couple of other Hearts related videos in mind.

I've always felt that our stadium is much more attractive on the inside than from what you see driving along the West Approach.

On the inside, it's the best asset the club has and I was very proud to have contributed to its construction.

Buffalo Bill

Totally agree BB, always thought that too. I often picture a big iluminated 3d sign running right along the roof of the Wheatfield stand, facing towards the west app rd......"HEARTS FC", reckon it would look the mutts nutts in the dark!

The daft thoughts ye huv eh?:o

Oh, and Stuart.....top job bud. I too used ti go down every 3 or 4 days, just to take it all in. I remember standing at the gaping hole in Gorgie Road and just......taking it all in! It seemed absolutely everything to me at the time, funny how priorities change as we get older! I'll be honest with ye, watching that gave me the same glow as looking at video/pics of ma kids. The exact same feeling, to a time when the Hearts were the single most important thing in ma life...cheers stu!

Looking forward to the school end video appearing sometime in 2024...

Mr Sifter unfortunately I was too far way from Gorgie when the school end was built to be able to record it! I have some film of an open day around the same period that I will edit and publish soon. The other footage is of a fund raising event at Harry Ramsden's in Newhaven with Tommy McLean, Gary McKay, Craig Levein, John Robertson, Henry Smith, Gary Locke and Tam Forsyth on the top table.

I know its a bit sad it took all that time to produce it but it is only since I took early retirement 16 months ago that I have found time to indulge in this hobby. I have a couple of other Hearts related videos in mind.

Very much look forward to them then, cheers for the vid.

Agree, it could do with a blast from a giant karscher pressure washer :laugh:

Bravo monsieur.

A terrific post.

I'm the only person who thinks the last decent summer we had was in 1994?

A certain summer of 2005 wasn't too bad :mw_rolleyes:

That's an excellent video. I used to go down once a week or so, always quite a crowd there taking photos etc. Shocked how quickly the time has passed !

A certain summer of 2005 wasn't too bad :mw_rolleyes:

Pretty much every game of '8 in a row' was played out in glorious sunshine.

Except for Inverness.

Buffalo Bill

Archived