Rudi Set to Leave Soton (NHR)

CostaJambo

Cant help thinking that he would not be good 2nd time round, totally different team and ethos at Hearts now.

I think we should say 'thanks for the memories Rudi, we hope you find a club soon'

Neil Strevens

Rudi was one of the best players I've seen at Tynie in 40+ years. However, his lack of effort for most of the latter part of 2005/6 was a precedent which others followed more blatantly thereafter. And there's a couple currently there whose attitude is only acceptable because of Laszlo's efforts.

ToadKiller Dog

The Rudi i have seen from the few games Southampton have been on telly is not the same player as we saw for that short period,He looks a bit slow ,ponderous and a touch over weight ,Looks like his dream move turned a bit sour even before Burley was sacked down there ,Wish him well and glad we had him for that period ,doubt we would get any where like that Skacel back for the wages he would demand .

Then again the unnamed side could be Kaunas.

rudi must stay
Rudi in talks with unnamed foreign club. Just posting in case anyone's still vaguely interested in him, before anyone starts moaning.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/s/southampton/7858760.stm

always interested in how former players still playing are doing. He was an absolutely brilliant player on his day, it didn't happen often enough and it seems like he kept that attitude up at Southampton. Shame, he could have done alot more in his career

rudi must stay
A Scottish club could be the foreign club, it could be us, couldn't it!?!?!??!!?!?

No, it's not is it. :(

nah we're not foreign mate. We're in Britain, same as Southampton

Cheers for the memories rudi.

Had a marvellous season. (some would say half a season, although he was a major part in our scottish cup win)

Good lucky in finding a new club....Just not us.

:)

nah we're not foreign mate. We're in Britain, same as Southampton

We are though, Scotland is a different country to England.

However, that is neither here nor there, it won't be us. :(

rudi must stay
We are though, Scotland is a different country to England.

However, that is neither here nor there, it won't be us. :(

glad it's not tbh. He wouldn't be the same player as he was when he signed him he's had 3 years at Southampton and has struggled to even get in their team

Was he not stuck at left-back down there?

Would explain some of his duff performances, however only he can really decide whether or not he's gonna turn in a good performance on the day.

A great half season plus at Tynie.

would take rudi back.salary expectations would know doubt be out our league now.

some great memories from his first spell

Son Of Anarchy
Thanks for the memories Rudi. Once a Jambo, always a Jambo

_41407779_hearts3patr.jpg

WELL SAID MATE!

Agree also that we wouldnt be getting the same player that destroyed the spl at the start of 2005/06.Fantastic player and the memories will last forever.

MaskedMagician
glad it's not tbh. He wouldn't be the same player as he was when he signed him he's had 3 years at Southampton and has struggled to even get in their team

Surely you wouldn't say no though if he considered coming back. He was some player!

portobellojambo1
Was he not stuck at left-back down there?

Left back is and was his natural playing position, he was a left back before he arrived at Hearts, and reverted to left back after he left. It was only during his spell at Hearts that he was used as a wide left forward, and for a 6 month period it was probably the best part of his career to date.

I agree with those that say we would not see the same Rudi Skacel if he came back. Wherever he goes I hope he is successful, but he needs to apply himself fully, there is a lot of talent there that seems to be getting wasted.

Surely you wouldn't say no though if he considered coming back. He was some player!

I'd say no. We're not a charity. Skacel played a great half season for us before he started to focus on cheerleading from the park. I have great memories from those first 15 or so games, but he's not the wonder player some seem to think.

rudi at attacking mid, bruno and kari centre mid, driver left mid-would be brilliant

ah well, good luck to him.

will always remember the goal against hibs and the celebration

Drylaw Hearts

I noticed a wee snippet in the Sunday Mail by Rudi's agent saying he would consider a move back to the SPL.

C'mon Hearts - you know it makes sense.

;)

Archived