Why is this guy not banned?

Dalstonjambo

Apologies if this is a bit of a dodgy subject - but I want to know why this guy hasn't been banned from Rangers for life straight away as they know his details. Why aren't the SPL and Government/Police all over Rangers... oh wait...

Makes my blood boil!!

http://news.scotsman.com/edinburgh/Rangers-fan-fined-for-singing.4925433.jp

Rangers fan fined for singing sectarian songs on train trip

Published Date: 29 January 2009

A RANGERS fan arrested at Waverley Station for singing sectarian songs on a late-night train from Glasgow said he had "one or two drinks" after a game.

Stuart Burgess, 45, a delivery driver from Broomfield Crescent, Edinburgh, was fined ?375 at the city's Sheriff Court yesterday after pleading guilty to committing a breach of the peace on the train between Glasgow Queen Street and Edinburgh Waverley on September 21 last year.

Sheriff Frank Crowe was told that Burgess had been shouting, swearing and singing sectarian songs on the journey back.

Defence solicitor, Peter O'Neill, said his client was deeply ashamed. "He had one or two drinks in Glasgow with friends and caught the last train back," said Mr O'Neill.

"He was sitting with other Rangers fans and some began singing Rangers songs.

"They started off 'clean' but then became sectarian. The guard came and told them to be quiet. One of the group became offensive towards the guard and Mr Burgess intervened."

Mr O'Neill added that Burgess still went to Rangers games, but never had a drink in Glasgow.

****Why is he allowed to still go?!

**** of the earth

Possibly wasn't banned as it didn't happen at the match.

If there's any connection to football when the songs are sung, though, that should earm a banning order IMO.

The guys obviously a typical Weedgie **** but his behaviour on the train is not relevant to his attendance at Ibrox. Get off your high horse.

But they are talking about cleaning up all instances of sectarainism related to their (joke of a) club. So he should get banned. This would send out a message that it's not acceptable anywhere. Same as they are saying they will ban those people causing trouble in manchester. The fact it wasn't at a game is incidental, he was on his way home from a game, he was representing Rangers. They are a disgrace.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Possibly wasn't banned as it didn't happen at the match.

If there's any connection to football when the songs are sung, though, that should earm a banning order IMO.

It's like John Barnes used to say, you can persuade and encourage people to behave for 90 minutes inside a stadium but that's doesn't mean that bigots stop becoming bigots or don't revert to type by the time they reach the train station.

But they are talking about cleaning up all instances of sectarainism related to their (joke of a) club. So he should get banned. This would send out a message that it's not acceptable anywhere. Same as they are saying they will ban those people causing trouble in manchester. The fact it wasn't at a game is incidental, he was on his way home from a game, he was representing Rangers. They are a disgrace.

Don't be so silly. "He was representing Rangers". What a load of nonsense. He may well be representative of a section of their support but to claim he was representing them. Behave.

If its on a train,what has it got to do with rangers,so if somebody on the same train sang anti-english songs,where should they be banned from?

Stupid Sexy Flanders

A wise man once said:

"I may not agree with what you say, but I would defend to the death your right to say it."

Ban the hun supporting **** from Edinburgh (and that goes for all ****ing glory hunting old-firm ****s from Edinburgh)!

Banned from where, ScotRail trains?

Calm down dear it's only a wee song.

And Jocam325 - Weegie??? That's some Glasgow address he's got there:laugh:

Rudolf's Mate

I agree he shouldn't be banned but I guess where does it end. The ones who rioted in Manchester were not in the game itself however you can bet they'll be banned for life.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Ban the hun supporting **** from Edinburgh (and that goes for all ****ing glory hunting old-firm ****s from Edinburgh)!

Very good your the uber jambo.

Perhaps he is from glasgow and moved here with family or work?

Guest S.U.S.S.
I agree he shouldn't be banned but I guess where does it end. The ones who rioted in Manchester were not in the game itself however you can bet they'll be banned for life.

The travelled with the team there, and perhaps were involved in violence, its for the court to decide. But simply being a rangers fan on a train singing a bad song nowhere near the game is no cause for a ban as you say.

Apologies if this is a bit of a dodgy subject - but I want to know why this guy hasn't been banned from Rangers for life straight away as they know his details. Why aren't the SPL and Government/Police all over Rangers... oh wait...

Makes my blood boil!!

A RANGERS fan arrested at Waverley Station for singing sectarian songs on a late-night train from Glasgow said he had "one or two drinks" after a game.

Stuart Burgess, 45, a delivery driver from Broomfield Crescent, Edinburgh, was fined ?375 at the city's Sheriff Court yesterday after pleading guilty to committing a breach of the peace on the train between Glasgow Queen Street and Edinburgh Waverley on September 21 last year.

Sheriff Frank Crowe was told that Burgess had been shouting, swearing and singing sectarian songs on the journey back.

Defence solicitor, Peter O'Neill, said his client was deeply ashamed. "He had one or two drinks in Glasgow with friends and caught the last train back," said Mr O'Neill.

"They started off 'clean' but then became sectarian. The guard came and told them to be quiet. One of the group became offensive towards the guard and Mr Burgess intervened."

Mr O'Neill added that Burgess still went to Rangers games, but never had a drink in Glasgow.

**** of the earth

I dont see what your problem is to be honest not like it was at ibrox.

Rangers cant police there fans 24 hours a day

Apologies if this is a bit of a dodgy subject - but I want to know why this guy hasn't been banned from Rangers for life

He was done for breach of the peace. It was on a train, nowhere near Ibrox.

I know loads of Hearts fans who have been done for breach of the peace - and worse - who aren't banned from Tynecastle.

I respectfully suggest you wind your neck back in.

Make him run through manchester town centre on a saturday night wearing his gers top showing off all his banter/bravado,that should just about do it.

Midfield Dynamo

Makes my blood boil!!

Stuart Burgess

Is that not the guy who used to play for Falkik in the early 90's?

**** of the earth

U]Stuart Burgess[/u]

Magic Numbers
U]Stuart Burgess[/u]

If it is, he was a legend for East Fife prior to his Falkirk days! Remember watching him during my schooldays late 80s, an immense centre half.

Back in December when Hibs played Celtic at Fester Road I was getting the train from Inverkeithing to Edinburgh with my 2 boys 5 and 9, there were a few Celtic fans on the train and a fair few kids.

The songs they were singing were vile when asked by a guy to stop as there children on the train they got louder and more vile I got off at Haymarket but hope Lothian and Borders finest were at Waverley to meet them

Back in December when Hibs played Celtic at Fester Road I was getting the train from Inverkeithing to Edinburgh with my 2 boys 5 and 9, there were a few Celtic fans on the train and a fair few kids.

The songs they were singing were vile when asked by a guy to stop as there children on the train they got louder and more vile I got off at Haymarket but hope Lothian and Borders finest were at Waverley to meet them

These people are the dregs of society,they are entitled to their beliefs but should not get away with ramming their bile down other peoples throats.Just as sickening are the posters on here who seem to think this sort of behaviour is acceptable because it did not happen inside a football stadium.

Miller Jambo 60
These people are the dregs of society,they are entitled to their beliefs but should not get away with ramming their bile down other peoples throats.Just as sickening are the posters on here who seem to think this sort of behaviour is acceptable because it did not happen inside a football stadium.

The fact he comes from Corstorphine and supports Rangers is enough to be banned from Edinburgh:laugh:

Im from down that way but cant place him.

southside1874

Makes my blood boil!!

**** of the earth

One of the group became offensive towards the guard and Mr Burgess intervened."

I just don't get this bit.

I was in Rhodes years ago and spotted the Jambo family all wearing Hearts tops, mum, dad, son and daughter(five or under). Looked great and I pointed them out to the crowd I was with, feeling a bit proud as I was the only Jambo in the group.

What happened at this moment......the daughter knocked her glass of juice over the table and the father lost it big time.

I don't personally know the family, but I strangely felt embarrassed.

IMO what went on far outweighs singing sectarian songs on a train.

Should the father be banned from Tynecastle??

Archived