Hearts have rushed into this planning application

Ryan Gosling

TBH I feel that an application is not sufficient unless there is at least 21 boxes.

Incidentally does anyone know how many boxes (seeing as this seems to be the standard units for measuring applications) would be put in for say a house?

Incidentally does anyone know how many boxes (seeing as this seems to be the standard units for measuring applications) would be put in for say a house?

Cardboard box house ????

HOBO !!!!!

loveofthegame
TBH I feel that an application is not sufficient unless there is at least 21 boxes.

Property law firms certainly have hundreds upon hundreds of boxes kicking around the office but i dunno about in general for architects etc.

The photo is I think the complete work of the PR department, i mean how are any of us meant to know how many boxes there should be?!

Personally i dont care if they used 1 box or 1000 boxes so long as the plan is right and ready.

I mean they could be 20 boxes of doodles for all we know! Strange photo, the work of Vlad and his spindoctors perhaps.....

Cardboard box house ????

HOBO !!!!!

Well on the plus side, by putting in such a large application (assuming the boxes are new, otherwise the opposite will be true) we have just created 20 more affordable homes for our pitiful neighbours.

Property law firms certainly have hundreds upon hundreds of boxes kicking around the office but i dunno about in general for architects etc.

The photo is I think the complete work of the PR department, i mean how are any of us meant to know how many boxes there should be?!

Personally i dont care if they used 1 box or 1000 boxes so long as the plan is right and ready.

I mean they could be 20 boxes of doodles for all we know! Strange photo, the work of Vlad and his spindoctors perhaps.....

Was thinking that myself. Seems a bit like Vlad's folders on all those players! Probably full of bits of foam or something...

This may have been pointed out elsewhere but have you taken the 3-D Tour on the Hearts website?

Superb!!!

If this was New York circa 1930, the boxes would contain the "kickback" for the "facilitators"!!!

About 4 copies of 2 x A1 drawings, application forms and a cheque. Fits in a an expandable A4 envelope

About 4 copies of 2 x A1 drawings, application forms and a cheque. Fits in a an expandable A4 envelope

A regular sized cheque?

Still no mention of how it's going to be funded, how much Hearts will have to pay towards it, who else is going to fund it, what hotel group is going to open in the complex, why the school is still showing in all the pictures if "Hearts" are buying the ground?

On a lighter note, wouldn't fancy being in the Planning Dept of Edinburgh Council the next few months or so with that lot to shift through!! :eek:

its the reason a non-expandable envelope won't do;)

Excellent.

Things always gain more credibility when theres a huge over-sized cheque involved.

Still no mention of how it's going to be funded, how much Hearts will have to pay towards it, who else is going to fund it, what hotel group is going to open in the complex, why the school is still showing in all the pictures if "Hearts" are buying the ground? :eek:

If you watched the interview with Pedro, you'd know this stuff. Some of it anyway.

The funding issue was answered in August!!

Still no mention of how it's going to be funded, how much Hearts will have to pay towards it, who else is going to fund it, what hotel group is going to open in the complex, why the school is still showing in all the pictures if "Hearts" are buying the ground?

On a lighter note, wouldn't fancy being in the Planning Dept of Edinburgh Council the next few months or so with that lot to shift through!! :eek:

doesnt the school still show as its a listed building and we cant change the frontage?

no doubt thats where the flats will be!

If you watched the interview with Pedro, you'd know this stuff. Some of it anyway.

Was it, I have'nt seen anything, what was said? Where's the interview? Did he mention how much Hearts were having to pay and how much the rest of the investors were paying? Was it a "dont worry about how it's financed, it's all under control!" line or was there something a little more in depth?

This may have been pointed out elsewhere but have you taken the 3-D Tour on the Hearts website?

Superb!!!

Just did pretty cool, cheers for bringing that to my attention. Think it could be used as a screen saver.

Excellent.

Things always gain more credibility when theres a huge over-sized cheque involved.

its the brown envelope handover in the street you need to look out for though.

Just found and watched the interview (after everyone at work went home!). Fair enough the first question was answered, but no mention as to how much Hearts will have to pay.

Pedro - "We have the backing of UBIG"

Who else is interested, what hotel group will run it

Pedro - "We have others interested but we dont know if we're going to do that"

What can be taken from that is Hearts (naturally) will pay for the redevelopment and it will go onto our debt, my concern is how much and what we are paying for! Fair enough ?10 - ?15 million for a new stand but not to paying the full ?50+ million for UBIG to own a hotel we're not going to see anything from. I just want to know if what Hearts are paying for is proportionate to what Hearts will get from it all?

All in all still very unsure about how to take it. Design looks very smart, I'm happy there is definate progress being made and it shows a level of commitment but at what cost!?

Blimey. I hope they got a signature on delivery for that lot. :eek:

http://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/publicaccess/tdc/tdc_home.aspx

I was hoping that we might be lucky enough to find some of the main application & layout documents added on to the planning database but having seen the volume of paperwork they have, I don't think we'll be seeing very much of it at all. Ah well. Worth keeping an eye on it just in case though.

Just found and watched the interview (after everyone at work went home!). Fair enough the first question was answered, but no mention as to how much Hearts will have to pay.

Pedro - "We have the backing of UBIG"

Who else is interested, what hotel group will run it

Pedro - "We have others interested but we dont know if we're going to do that"

What can be taken from that is Hearts (naturally) will pay for the redevelopment and it will go onto our debt, my concern is how much and what we are paying for! Fair enough ?10 - ?15 million for a new stand but not to paying the full ?50+ million for UBIG to own a hotel we're not going to see anything from. I just want to know if what Hearts are paying for is proportionate to what Hearts will get from it all?

All in all still very unsure about how to take it. Design looks very smart, I'm happy there is definate progress being made and it shows a level of commitment but at what cost!?

Since the planning permission request has just gone in today, do you really expect Hearts to name the hotel company that may/will be running it? I'm sure that will go out to some sort of tender process nearer the completion of the hotel.

Why would Hearts pay for the full development and not own it? I doubt that that could legally happen.

Hearts may not directly own or pay for the development, they might own and pay for it all, or just parts of it, I'm sure this will all be sorted out by the time the planning permission is approved.

It's a lot of boxes but there's no reason to think they're at it. There's a big difference between doing one wee house and a HUGE SHINY NEW STAND. Hehe, that felt good...Seriously though, it's essentially a mixed use development...stadiums, commercial, residential...that's going to mean a daft amount of paperwork. Not to mention all the environmental reports they'll need for that location...

doesnt the school still show as its a listed building and we cant change the frontage?

no doubt thats where the flats will be!

It's Category B which basically means that if the council are in the mood to let us demolish it, then they will. It's probably an example of some sort of specific design or whatnot but category B normally means that it's just one of many interesting examples of that style...I doubt Historic Scotland would be too fussed about this one.

Since the planning permission request has just gone in today, do you really expect Hearts to name the hotel company that may/will be running it? I'm sure that will go out to some sort of tender process nearer the completion of the hotel.

Why would Hearts pay for the full development and not own it? I doubt that that could legally happen.

Hearts may not directly own or pay for the development, they might own and pay for it all, or just parts of it, I'm sure this will all be sorted out by the time the planning permission is approved.

Thats the thing though SUTOL, this should all be sorted out before a single brick is laid, it should be in any business plan that Pedro should know the key points to off by heart, it's not hard to say if it's all the back ground work has been done. ?50+million is not easy to pay back (we toiled to hand back ?4million to that shower in the west) and I am very interested in how we intend to pay back any of the loan regardless of what it is?

I think the thing with me is I am looking for assurances other than the word of someone I dont trust. This is a massive, massive step for the club and I dont wont another SMG esq scenario. If the club were to come out and say "Heart of Midlothian FC will pay ?20 million and UBIG/other investors will pay ?30 million and this is how the property will be split, this is how the money will be paid back", then I think it would end any "speculation" on other websites and the media, at the same time giving the supporters a clear indication as to how it's all going to go and hopefully galvanising the divisions amongst the support. As it stands we are being told to just blindly accept that it will all work out.

Hopefully this will all come out and things will be a little clearer by the time we hear from Edinburgh Council if it's a go'er!

BangkokHearts

Superb!!!

From the 3D tour it looks as if the people that sit on the far right of this new stand will not be able to see the goals at the Roseburn end because of that big pillar.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

That lot probably could have went on a couple of CD's

Its 2008 ffs

Mouth over substance once again

Trying to mug us off with a few pretty pictures whilst completing ignoring what we really want to know

Mouth over substance once again

Trying to mug us off with a few pretty pictures whilst completing ignoring what we really want to know

Eh nut, just illustrating why its taken so long Id imagine.

The amount of consultation etc that would go into a development of this type and size is quite amazing.

I work in Planning by the way.

Cheer up :)

beerandbovril
Eh nut, just illustrating why its taken so long Id imagine.

The amount of consultation etc that would go into a development of this type and size is quite amazing.

I work in Planning by the way.

Cheer up :)

I'm also a planner and have just submitted an application of a similar scale to East Lothian Council, but for a completely different development. It was over a year of work and took endless evenings out of my time for the consultation period. I can only assume that Turleys have done the same. Anyone in Gorgie been consulted?

Edinburgh City Council should, if they are carrying out their customer service duty, should have all of the plans, etc laid out on the city portal ASAP.

Alot of it must be pre application discussion, architects drawings etc, Im not sure that has to be on the portal as the application has just been submitted and thus just entered the planning process?

Id imagine the boxes contain everything from emails to and from Turleys to post it notes! heh

My understanding is that the school's still showing in all the pictures because the school's still going to be there, it's not affected at all by the proposed development.

IIRC, the reason Hearts want to buy the school and the land it's on is so that they can redevelop the school end stand in the future. The main stand development only needed the adult learning centre and nursery to be bought.

Archived