what did you wear to the game during the early 1970s? if you were around

boy_in_maroon

boy_in_maroon

during the early 70s use to wear white skinners, maroon and white jersey, (dare I say it) bay city roller style, with a scarf round each wrist two tied onto the skinners and one round the neck, all was nice and clean going but after a few hours in the shed............ well it was back to the wash and another round of persil. :dribble::camera::P

c'mon then lets hear it

btw if you were not around then, what was your "fitba wear" as a teenie?:ninja:

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Whatever my mummy deemed appropriate

Probably mittens and a duffle coat, flares and a poloneck*

*All different shades of orange and brown

Docs,blue Wrangler jeans with turn ups,same jersey as original post and a crombie.Sometimes wore spats or platform shoes or Wrangler jacket.:)

Miller Jambo 60
A felopian tube & some warm liquid.

Stairboy you are mental remember me and my mates at Airdrie with our full hearts kit on great days:):):)

Flares, platform shoes and a white college jumper with an A on it..Topped off with a feather cut for my hair....

I was pretty young in early seventies but my attire consisted of white cowboy shirt(Royal Stuart tartan shoulder patches).Ice-blu sta-pres.6inch dms with yellow laces and a Crombie circa 1972-73 season which was when I first got jambo fever.

Wrangler jacket, sleeves rolled up. Hearts wings and the V for victory sewn on. Lots of enamel Hearts badges. Gilzean badge - "Nae bother at a' tae Shuggie Shaw"???

Wrangler jeans, adidas kicks or those black baseball boots from the local Post Office!!!

Adidas 3 stripe t-shirt (Orange and black like the Holland jersey)

One person who deffo wears the same clothes is Louis from Musselburgh(coloured guy)who has been wearing the same clothes for the last three decades.Nice guy tho!

alwaysthereinspirit
Docs,blue Wrangler jeans with turn ups,same jersey as original post and a crombie.Sometimes wore spats or platform shoes or Wrangler jacket.:)

Same as Benny. 9" ox blood docs, yellow laces. Sometimes a donkey jacket or a harrington turned inside out. f@#k what were we thinking.

• 3 years later...

Hair. I still had long thick hair - kept my head warm unlike my thinning baldy napper now.

A Hearts scarf and flairs were in the mix as well and I remember a Parka. On the feet - probably wedges or the cheapest Adidas trainers available at the time.

J Cheever Loophole

Oxford bags,Birmingham bags,sta-press.I do remember that my first pair of wranglers were hand me downs off my big cuz and that even with a big knot tied at the back of my braces the waist band chaffed ma nipples and I couldn't take my jacket off for the knot FFS folk must have thought I was humpity backit and that I'd shacht ma breeks.ahhhhhhh.GIF

To early for me but i'm sure when i got a lift over to get in that first time in 82 it would more than likely have been a pilot jacket or that fashion must for every youngester a parka.

'73 ish a parka and lee cooper or brutus jeans, '76 I remember wearing a dress jacket, flares and platforms to the cup final - the flares were essential for getting into hampden with tins of beer down your socks, '77 I remember wearing a trenchcoat down to Middlesboro for a friendly and by '79 it was an ex-army stores combat jacket.

'73 ish a parka and lee cooper or brutus jeans, '76 I remember wearing a dress jacket, flares and platforms to the cup final - the flares were essential for getting into hampden with tins of beer down your socks, '77 I remember wearing a trenchcoat down to Middlesboro for a friendly and by '79 it was an ex-army stores combat jacket.

and what a "friendly" that was. Can't remember what I was wearing apart from my blod stained wrangler jacket

One person who deffo wears the same clothes is Louis from Musselburgh(coloured guy)who has been wearing the same clothes for the last three decades.Nice guy tho!

please tell me he still doesnt go about in the same maroon jumper

Archived