Live Topic

Guest GhostHunter

Guest GhostHunter

I've added a new feature - Live Topic...you've probably noticed the Live Topic icon on certain thread titles...

What it does, is allow you to stay on a thread you're "debating" with others, and the replies will automatically display - no need to refresh :D

There's a 300 second limit on a thread - no action reverts the thread back to "normal" where you'd refresh as per before

If you want to see it in action - post on this thread for the next wee while and I'll reply - once you've Quick Replied - watch the last post :)

Will need to keep an eye on performance etc - but it should be beneficial on threads like the Match Day ones - no more F5 !!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without meaning to **** you off but are all these new features slowing the board down ? Seems to be running slow for me this morning.

Guest GhostHunter

Thread Open and active for 300 secs at the moment.. it means if you are reading, the thread will update on it's own - no need to refresh

Guest GhostHunter
Without meaning to **** you off but are all these new features slowing the board down ? Seems to be running slow for me this morning.

Nope as it's using ajax which actually cuts down on server load...

Board is fine at my end mate...

Guest GhostHunter

If you refresh normally = the page counter will update as it should, as it is, if you stay on the same thread, it'll just keep growing (oooh err) on your screen

Archived