N96

A Boy Named Crow

A Boy Named Crow

I've just got one and I'm having a nightmare trying to transfer music onto it. The Nokia software find the tunes on my hard drive, but I can't send them to the phone itself. Anybody able to offer any tips?

this_is_my_story
I've just got one and I'm having a nightmare trying to transfer music onto it. The Nokia software find the tunes on my hard drive, but I can't send them to the phone itself. Anybody able to offer any tips?

I've got the same problem with my N95... with previous versions of the Nokia PC Suite software, and older Nokia phones, I was able to just use (IIRC) the File Manager to drag & drop into whatever part of the phone's memory I wanted. Nokia software is pish though, so although it's a slower transfer rate, I just bluetooth tunes from my pc to the N95.

Better call Saul

Dont us nokia software, no need , Like the previous posters have said Drag and drop .............JOB DONE

A Boy Named Crow

I've managed to get it working using Media Player - lucky for it, it was next stop ebay if I hadn't got anywhere by the end of the weekend! Anyway, thanks for the tips!

this_is_my_story
Dont us nokia software, no need , Like the previous posters have said Drag and drop .............JOB DONE

Yep, would rather not use the Nokia software if possible... but if it isn't installed, then won't the pc fail to recognise the device when it's hooked up via the Nokia data cable? :confused:

Archived