7 goals in 3 games!

Geoff Kilpatrick

It's true, but I still feel we need 2 up front. EDIT: esp in games against the bottom team!!

What a finish today though - delighted.

Who says we can't score with 1 up front? :tongue:

Just think how many we would score with 2 upront though.

i realise we might lose a few more goals but its well worth it.

Francis Albert
Who says we can't score with 1 up front? :tongue:

Before anyone else points it out, 4 of them against 10 men.

But the radio commentary today pointed out Obua's first goal was the eighth consecutive goa scored by eight different players. Nice that we carry a threat from virtually every position, which is what "one up front" should be all about.

Frankenstein Jambo.
Just think how many we would score with 2 upront though.

i realise we might lose a few more goals but its well worth it.

If you think about it though, with buno and kari/jonnsonn in midfeild, berra and zal/jonnson, we are still protected when it comes to defensive options and all those players are solid enough. We need to sign a striker because nade up front doen't offer enough in terms of finshing material. we need an out and out porcher. Lee miller please.

If you think about it though, with buno and kari/jonnsonn in midfeild, berra and zal/jonnson, we are still protected when it comes to defensive options and all those players are solid enough. We need to sign a striker because nade up front doen't offer enough in terms of finshing material. we need an out and out porcher. Lee miller please.

True.

I realise nade has lost some weight and he's playing as well as he ever has at hearts but i still don't see what he brings to the team. For a striker who plays every week to of only scored... 2 goals is it? Just get him sold i say. Its not like he's a great holder upper of the ball and he's been setting folk up all the time. Gary Glen is twice the player and only half the flesh.

True.

I realise nade has lost some weight and he's playing as well as he ever has at hearts but i still don't see what he brings to the team. For a striker who plays every week to of only scored... 2 goals is it? Just get him sold i say. Its not like he's a great holder upper of the ball and he's been setting folk up all the time. Gary Glen is twice the player and only half the flesh.

Sorry but Nade had a great game today -- held ball well and brought others in to play -- he may not score enough but credit where credit is due -- he played well today.

To be fair to Nade we aren't creating much and although its great we have scored 7 in 3 games we still need to create more AND sign a finisher IMO.

Driver's final ball still needs to be more consistent, Larry is likely to go soon and rarely gets to the bye line and Chesney is a bit part player. Whilst everyone recognises we need a finsisher, a decent attacking right sided player is a must for me.

Dean Winchester
Sorry but Nade had a great game today -- held ball well and brought others in to play -- he may not score enough but credit where credit is due -- he played well today.

Agree completely. Definitely one of the better players today.

Broxburn Jambo
True.

Whoever we play behind the main striker gets all the benefit from Nade's game. BTW If Glen was playing up front on his own he would get murdered from opposing defenders.

Even Robbo needed Jimmy Bone and then Sandy Clark beside him.

:flag1:

Whoever we play behind the main striker gets all the benefit from Nade's game. BTW If Glen was playing up front on his own he would get murdered from opposing defenders.

Even Robbo needed Jimmy Bone and then Sandy Clark beside him.

:flag1:

Im not saying we should be playing glen upfront on his own. i don't think we should be playing anyone upfront on there own. My point is... i see nade being the same sort of player as john hartson was... but look how many goals john hartson scored. I Just don't think nade is capable of scoring on a regular basis (aka not good enough) no matter how Csaba sets up the team.

Broxburn Jambo
Im not saying we should be playing glen upfront on his own. i don't think we should be playing anyone upfront on there own. My point is... i see nade being the same sort of player as john hartson was... but look how many goals john hartson scored. I Just don't think nade is capable of scoring on a regular basis (aka not good enough) no matter how Csaba sets up the team.

In Hartson you are comparing apples and oranges, he received far better service and the teams played in completly different styles, our whole game is fashioned on a minimum bank of four in midfield.

In Hartson you are comparing apples and oranges, he received far better service and the teams played in completly different styles, our whole game is fashioned on a minimum bank of four in midfield.

So what are you saying? Nade would score a bucket load in a celtic team?

Broxburn Jambo
So what are you saying? Nade would score a bucket load in a celtic team?

He would probably score more goals, but in going down your route who would you have upfront to get these goals.

He would probably score more goals, but in going down your route who would you have upfront to get these goals.

Well hopefully someone comes in with a bid for nade (though i can't see it)

Its been made clear that we need to sell to buy. Csaba says he's got a striker lined up but he needs the cash from a sale.

I think he should bring in porter and someone else.

I think we should start playing 2 upfront.

2 new strikers and glen in a rotation system.

Archived