Surely not....I must be mistaken!

Robbo27_22

badly drawn boy

Strachan has no say -Rgers desperate for sales , on balance we are lucky we have someone who has the interest to keep us going , for the moment anyway

I really dont mean this a parade-pisher, but I dont think too many mangers have 'autonomy'. Our situation is highlighted cos VR done it in a much more hands on way, but for me alot of that is just culture clash. It's kinda how it's done in Russia and Eastern Europe

It's also highlighted cos we're Hearts and not he OF though, which is the point being made on this thread i guess.

It's no revalation that Strachan has no real control over signings, he never has - he didn't sign Nakamura, or at the other end of the scale, the lad they took from Ireland in the summer.

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Strachan-has-no-say-in.4909938.jp

I'll await the public uproar and media frenzy that Ra Cellicks manager is in the same position that our managers have been since Vlad arrived...........

He has no say in the budget but he still picking the players a huge difference to how our situation was and to some extent may be.

keep clutching those straws though. :tongue:

I really dont mean this a parade-pisher, but I dont think too many mangers have 'autonomy'. Our situation is highlighted cos VR done it in a much more hands on way, but for me alot of that is just culture clash. It's kinda how it's done in Russia and Eastern Europe

It's also highlighted cos we're Hearts and not he OF though, which is the point being made on this thread i guess.

It's no revalation that Strachan has no real control over signings, he never has - he didn't sign Nakamura, or at the other end of the scale, the lad they took from Ireland in the summer.

It was highlighted because the media saw VR as a thread to the OF, and anyone coming in with money would have been the same. The duopoly are now in trouble and the media hipe if any team look like taking the league will be massive. They will do anything to upset players and fans alike.

I'll await the public uproar and media frenzy that Ra Cellicks manager is in the same position that our managers have been since Vlad arrived...........

That will never happen, this is the Ugly sisters, you are talking about. Cue the quotes of .......... prudent business sense............. giving youth a chance ......... etc

I'm fairly certain John Park is identifying & picking the players at least according to recent articles.

As the man in charge of youth development you would expect that to be part of his job much like John Murray does for us.

Drylaw Hearts

That reads to me as though Celtic have asked GS to buy young players with potential.

It does not say that someone, other than GS, at Celtic is picking those players.

Charlie-Brown

There was articles on the thread i posted the other day that said John Park was globe-trekking identifying signing targets for the celtic board.

Drylaw Hearts
There was articles on the thread i posted the other day that said John Park was globe-trekking identifying signing targets for the celtic board.

Not much of a surpise there considering it's his job.

PresidentRomanov
That reads to me as though Celtic have asked GS to buy young players with potential.

It does not say that someone, other than GS, at Celtic is picking those players.

Good to see you don't think the worst with other clubs too :mw_rolleyes:

Water is wet. :tongue:

The twister. :laugh:

Charlie-Brown

No it's not a surprise Park is getting the players, you wouldnt expect Strachan to know too much about 18 year old Czechs or Yanks etc.

Drylaw Hearts
Good to see you don't think the worst with other clubs too :mw_rolleyes:

I would be very happy if Hearts had a similar set-up.

As I've said before........

As long as the Manager has the final say on what players come to the Club (above youth level) then there will be no problems.

Drylaw Hearts
The twister. :laugh:

I think others have twisted it look as though GS has no say in who Celtic sign.

I don't believe that is the case. Do you ?

PresidentRomanov
I would be very happy if Hearts had a similar set-up.

As I've said before........

As long as the Manager has the final say on what players come to the Club (above youth level) then there will be no problems.

Sorry Drylaw, I couldn't read that, I collapsed in tears of laughter when I got as far as "I would be very happy" :laugh:

Drylaw Hearts
Sorry Drylaw, I couldn't read that, I collapsed in tears of laughter when I got as far as "I would be very happy" :laugh:

I'm always happy.

:D

PresidentRomanov
I'm always happy.

:D

You must just be one of those happy go lucky boys who hides it well :laugh:

Anyway, I'm away to the Diggers, seeing as my favourite bar is no more :toasting:

He has no say in the budget but he still picking the players a huge difference to how our situation was and to some extent may be.

keep clutching those straws though. :tongue:

Erm no.

I think you must have missed the fact that once Vlad's involvement was leaked, it was the biggest travesty to occur. Didn't you know that no CEO/Chairman/Money man has ever had a say in who comes in/who plays etc?

Double standards as usual.

Remember though, there is no bias.

Drylaw Hearts
You must just be one of those happy go lucky boys who hides it well :laugh:

Anyway, I'm away to the Diggers, seeing as my favourite bar is no more :toasting:

I'm just misunderstood.

Also.....

Robbo's closed ?

I did not know that.

Erm no.

I think you must have missed the fact that once Vlad's involvement was leaked, it was the biggest travesty to occur. Didn't you know that no CEO/Chairman/Money man has ever had a say in who comes in/who plays etc?

Double standards as usual.

Remember though, there is no bias.

I think you are over reacting and have not read the article properly. It is a travesty when the owner picks the players(world class players who instantly improve the team are the exception) for the manager. I think it is perfectly normal for a owner to set out the budget and transfer policy of the club. The manager should be expected to stick to that policy. Pretty much what we are doing now.

The real meat in today's Scotsman, unfortunately not available on the website as far as I can see, is the Frail interview about his time at Tynecastle and his period in charge. Very revealing to see which members of the club staff and which players he praises. He doesn't mention Romanov - apparently his "gagging order" allows him to speak about Romanov, but only if he says positive things.

I dont see anything in that article which suggests that Peter Lawell instructs Strachan to play/not play any of the players in his squad, so he's hardly in the same position that Hearts managers under Vlad have found themselves in from time to time.

OK, just to clarify.

I have read the full article.

I fully understand that the whole thing is not a carbon copy of what has happened/is happening at Tynie.

I understand that Vlad was totally out of control and out of order with some of his antics.

What I am saying though is that from the outset of Vlad arriving, the media have been on top of Hearts at the slightest of opportunities.

Will Celtic get the same treatment from the same media?

OK, just to clarify.

I have read the full article.

I fully understand that the whole thing is not a carbon copy of what has happened/is happening at Tynie.

I understand that Vlad was totally out of control and out of order with some of his antics.

What I am saying though is that from the outset of Vlad arriving, the media have been on top of Hearts at the slightest of opportunities.

Will Celtic get the same treatment from the same media?

Its a complete non story to be honest. You'll be lucky if there are 4 clubs in Britain where the managers influence over transfers overrides the board's budget requirements, such as Manchester United(or there is no effective budgetting in place, such as was the case at clubs like Spurs and Rangers until recently)

Francis Albert

Celtic have signed players for non-footballing reasons, over the managers head before - their Far East imports and Roy Keane.

Archived