italian side in for mikey stewart?

Mr Sifter

according to bbc sportsound. Not saying who, but they have just played an interview with csaba in which he says he met a scout from an italian side who is 100 per cent in for one of his players. The bbc 'believe' its stewart. Could be true....could be bull! Would italian football suit him?

according to bbc sportsound. Not saying who, but they have just played an interview with csaba in which he says he met a scout from an italian side who is 100 per cent in for one of his players. The bbc 'believe' its stewart. Could be true....could be bull! Would italian football suit him?

Heard the interview and I reckon this was just the reporter trying to get a quote from Csaba. I still wonder if this whole Italian/German stuff is Hearts trying to up the ante for Berra and Driver.

Stewart in Italy :laugh: It would have to be a team way down the chain surely.

Snap there hands off if true

As for players who would suit Italian football - Berra for me, Pacey, doesnt dive in, doesnt lose his rag, reminds me of Defenders like Nesta and Cannavaro (obviously nowhere near as good) in his sort of playing style and mentality. Could see why Italian clubs would like him.

I can't think of a league in the world less suited to Michael Stewarts game than the Italian.

But hey, who am I?

If it means a player bettering himself then i'm all for it.

I'd miss him though. :sad:

Drylaw Hearts
I can't think of a league in the world less suited to Michael Stewarts game than the Italian.

I agree.

They like to play 'keep ball' those Italians.

Not exactly MS's strong point.

I agree.

They like to play 'keep ball' those Italians.

Not exactly MS's strong point.

No, not exactly :laugh:

Set pieces are also a huge part of the game over there.

Ooops.

:o

i could definitely see the likes of bruno, ruben and kari playing in italy. those three could attract a bit of interest. stewart? maybe less so but maybe a less frantic pace of football might suit him.

if it is stewart interesting an italian club then it's almost certain to be a serie B side surely.

i could definitely see the likes of bruno, ruben and kari playing in italy. those three could attract a bit of interest. stewart? maybe less so but maybe a less frantic pace of football might suit him.

if it is stewart interesting an italian club then it's almost certain to be a serie B side surely.

Or maybe beach soccer on the med?

Stewart to Italy must be some sort of joke.

He's lucky to get a bleedin game in the SPL.

Stewart in Italy :laugh: It would have to be a team way down the chain surely.

Snap there hands off if true

As for players who would suit Italian football - Berra for me, Pacey, doesnt dive in, doesnt lose his rag, reminds me of Defenders like Nesta and Cannavaro (obviously nowhere near as good) in his sort of playing style and mentality. Could see why Italian clubs would like him.

Cannavarro and Nesta were obviously top drawer at their peak and are still doing a good job in their older years. But football can be overated at times.

Berra has bags of room for improvement, but that`s not a criticism. He strikes me as the sort of person who would definitely flourish and progress playing at a higher level and getting the highest level of coaching around would bring him on bundles.

As you say, he has the attributes required to progress and i always like to see good lads who are good players get the chance at the top, even though we lose a good player.

Or maybe beach soccer on the med?

Stewart to Italy must be some sort of joke.

He's lucky to get a bleedin game in the SPL.

fair enough but just imagine if he had started at hearts. does he look as if he could have played quite a few times for man-u and been on their bench for a few CL games?

it just so happens all that happened before he came to hearts, but it still happened nonetheless. considering it was under one of the best and most successful managers in european football for many years, you can only assume he has some ability in him somewhere.

surely he's not so past it in his mid 20s that he no longer has any ability.

on the face of it it seems a strange one i must admit.

I'd be amazed if Stewart moved to Italy. He has talent but his focus of it is lacking and his form hasn't been great.

Are there any british managers over there?

Maybe this club (I imagine a Serie B or C) club, are hoping for a Gattuso* type players who will run all day?

* I am in no way saying I believe Stewart is anywhere as good as Gattuso.

fair enough but just imagine if he had started at hearts. does he look as if he could have played quite a few times for man-u and been on their bench for a few CL games?

it just so happens all that happened before he came to hearts, but it still happened nonetheless. considering it was under one of the best and most successful managers in european football for many years, you can only assume he has some ability in him somewhere.

surely he's not so past it in his mid 20s that he no longer has any ability.

on the face of it it seems a strange one i must admit.

Good post and well thought out.

What tickles me though. Stewart is nothing more than a bit-part player for us, and he was the same for Hibs.

IIRC, he's out of contract at the end of the season (I maybe wrong) but MS plying his trade in Italy is nothing short of farcical.

If he walked tomorrow as a free transfer I wouldn't care a jot.

Good post and well thought out.

What tickles me though. Stewart is nothing more than a bit-part player for us, and he was the same for Hibs.

IIRC, he's out of contract at the end of the season (I maybe wrong) but MS plying his trade in Italy is nothing short of farcical.

If he walked tomorrow as a free transfer I wouldn't care a jot.

not sure what the contract situation is. i actually thought he had been given a 3 year deal at the end of last season but i may well be wrong.

we might just be needing him more than we think in the event of bruno going. i hope to god bruno is swiftly tied down because that would be like a 2nd christmas.

lets hope he sticks in one of his better performances tomorrow so that there is much to argue over later!

I think Michael Stewart is taking a bit of unfair criticism on this thread.

The guy obviously has talent, we see glimpses of that at Tynie plenty enough.

If he does go, then good luck to you Michael.

I think Michael Stewart is taking a bit of unfair criticism on this thread.

The guy obviously has talent, we see glimpses of that at Tynie plenty enough.

If he does go, then good luck to you Michael.

You obviously weren't standing (or sitting) anywhere near me at Tanadyce a couple of seasons ago.

No respect for him after that.

Drylaw Hearts
You obviously weren't standing (or sitting) anywhere near me at Tanadyce a couple of seasons ago.

Snap.

Snap.

:Agree:

'mon guys, he was out of order there but he surely must be forgiven by now. if miko can be taken back into the fold after his diving antics then stewart can be shown some forgiveness for being a whelp.

give me a choice between passionate player wanting the best for his team or some lazy layabout who doesn't give a rubber duck.... no brainer.

J.T.F.Robertson
'mon guys, he was out of order there but he surely must be forgiven by now. if miko can be taken back into the fold after his diving antics then stewart can be shown some forgiveness for being a whelp.

give me a choice between passionate player wanting the best for his team or some lazy layabout who doesn't give a rubber duck.... no brainer.

Allowing for the occasional shortcoming is for the fallible. :mw_rolleyes:

Archived