players to Italy and Germany

Greenbank2

According to the BBC news, two players wanted by clubs in Italy and Germany. One believed to be Michael Stewart. BBC say that this is "according to Hearts"

According to the BBC news, two players wanted by clubs in Italy and Germany. One believed to be Michael Stewart. BBC say that this is "according to Hearts"

Csaba said "Look, I give you some information and the rest you can find out yourself!" So I'd say they're guessing but it would be good news if true, followed hopefully by Kingston.

Looks like he's saying that he pretty much turned down the chance to sign Rosa.

He mentioned it in a previous article, he's good but not better than what we have was his words I think.

"The sport director was not informed about this but it is legitimate for Dynamo Kiev to look for a new player," he accepted. "They do not have a good left midfield player and we have two."

Who is the other good left midfielder we have ? If he thinks Obua can replace Driver he is kidding himself.

Thankfully he didn't GTF before last weeks game. :mw_rolleyes:

You still going on about that?

I could.....but I won't.

:mw_rolleyes:

:tongue:

:laugh:

Csaba "confirms" they are two Scottish players. Rules out Kingston and Bruno surely.

Glen maybe?

Csaba Laszlo today revealed that a club in both Germany and Italy have shown interest in key Hearts players.
When asked about which players were involved in the interest
would relish the prospect of being given the chance to step up into the full Scotland squad.
Seriously, who the **** writes this ****e? Did they even go to school?

It's totally unprofessional having stuff like this on the official site.

"Christophe is a very talented player and his talent is enough to play in the national team. He could play in England, Germany or Italy. For me Italian football is tactically the best and I think he could play in Italy with the knowledge he has right now."

Csaba

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines/display.var.2480323.0.Laszlo_insists_distracted_Berra_could_play_in_Serie_A.php

Dunno if thats alerted the mystery teams, could be berra.

Francis Albert
Seriously, who the **** writes this ****e? Did they even go to school?

It's totally unprofessional having stuff like this on the official site.

Struggling to see what's wrong with the bits you quote, apart from the small grammatical point (both" instead of "each of") in the first quote.

The more serious confusion is about the reference to end of the season which surely should be end of the window?

Struggling to see what's wrong with the bits you quote, apart from the small grammatical point (both" instead of "each of") in the first quote.

The more serious confusion is about the reference to end of the season which surely should be end of the window?

When asked about which players were involved in the interest
When asked about which players the clubs were interested in

would relish the prospect of being given the chance to step up into the full Scotland squad.
Either

would relish the chance to step up into

or

would relish the prospect of stepping up into

Maybe I'm being nitpicky, but reading articles like this makes me cringe. Is it too much to ask for them to be written in a professional manner?

Captain Bubblebeard
When asked about which players the clubs were interested in

Either

would relish the chance to step up into

or

would relish the prospect of stepping up into

Maybe I'm being nitpicky, but reading articles like this makes me cringe. Is it too much to ask for them to be written in a professional manner?

If you really want to be 'nitpicky', should that actually not be:

When asked about which players in which the clubs were interested

I'm sure an English scholar on here will probably prove us both wrong...

;)

Francis Albert

Given that it is a football club web-site paraphrasing exchanges between the generally illiterate Scottish media and a football manager speaking in his third or fifth language it does seem a wee bit pernickity. But I applaud your zeal. Reminds me of a cartoon I saw recently of a supermarket checkout queue where on the "Five Items or Less" sign the word "Less" was scored out and replaced by "Fewer". One customer says to another "The checkout guy is an English graduate".

Sorry for sidetracking the thread but all this usually pointless transfer speculation leaves me cold.

Francis Albert

If you really want to be 'nitpicky', should that actually not be:

When asked about which players in which the clubs were interested

I'm sure an English scholar on here will probably prove us both wrong...

;)

Or "When asked about the identity of the players in which the clubs were interested ...?".

But then it begins, as said on another post, not to capture accurately the flavour of a pre-match press conference...

I knew someone would pull me up :P

My point wasn't that every article must read as if written by an English professor; merely that the author should have a decent enough command of the English language to be able to write to a reasonable standard.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/scottishpremier/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/09/01/23/SOCCER_Hearts_Nightlead.html

The bit in this article is more interesting re Berra's replacement if he goes, it must surely mean Darren Barr?

:108:

Just listened to that bit. Barr was the first name that came to mind and I reckon it has to be him.

Just listened to that bit. Barr was the first name that came to mind and I reckon it has to be him.

Is it not more likely to be the young guy from Kaunas? Surely this would explain the fact that we could take him immediately, since how often to do you line up a transfer from a rival club, on the premise that you will only sign them if we lose one of our players?

Sorry to **** on the parade!

Is it not more likely to be the young guy from Kaunas? Surely this would explain the fact that we could take him immediately, since how often to do you line up a transfer from a rival club, on the premise that you will only sign them if we lose one of our players?

Suppose it could be Mantas Fridakas (Sp?).

Suppose it could be Mantas Fridakas (Sp?).

That's the dude, although having listened to the full press conference Csaba does stress that a fee would be required for the anonymous player he has lined up. Players from Kaunas are more often loaned to us so I am totally confused, all of these feckin riddles! :mad:

That's the dude, although having listened to the full press conference Csaba does stress that a fee would be required for the anonymous player he has lined up. Players from Kaunas are more often loaned to us so I am totally confused, all of these feckin riddles! :mad:

It must be Darren Barr OR that young lad from Airdrie IMO

Or someone out of contract.

He'd be a bit cheeky to think he could just go and get Barr immediatley

I wouldn't bet on it because he seems to think that Porter is Scottish.:laugh:

Csaba "confirms" they are two Scottish players. Rules out Kingston and Bruno surely.

I know we don't particularly want to sell our good players, but I had kinda settled for it in December.

The window has been soooo boring, I'm actually quite happy to see something happening!!

Could be an interesting week....

If, say, it is Berra and Mikey S who go, they'll go with best wishes and I'll be sorry they're away (and hopefully for a good price). I don't actually think it will affect us too badly if Csaba is shrewd enough. We'd miss CB in particular, but if we get in maybe Barr, then heyho, ?3M in the bank and life goes on!

*I do hope my grammar was up to scratch there. I am an English teacher and wouldn't want to let myself down under the spotlight of such informed pedagogery

^^^

I spotted the deliberate missing out of a full stop after 'pedagogery'.

May I have my coconut now, please?

Or someone out of contract.

He'd be a bit cheeky to think he could just go and get Barr immediatley

He said he's discussed money for this player and he knows what the player would cost.

^^^

I spotted the deliberate missing out of a full stop after 'pedagogery'.

May I have my coconut now, please?

I wisnae finished!

Yeh I was thinking that as well

on another note I love the way csaba deals with things.

We lose berra so what we have somebody else lined up.

Csaba is legend

Maybe mikey stewart is the new paul lambert

Archived