Kiev in for Driver?

Ally Alexander

"The current squad has an international feel, with a core of Ukrainians supplemented by players from Brazil, Finland, Croatia, Nigeria, Serbia, Georgia, Uzbekistan and Morocco."

Lot's of english speaking nations there...remember what happened to Garry O'Connor going to Eastern Europe?

I don't want to see him go but i'd imagine we could squeeze a few more bucks out of a Ukranian / Russian team than a british.

I expect their coach - a Mr Semin - will soon assure us it's all bollocks. :o

I bet you he'd squirt at the chance of signing Diver :laugh:

Optimus Prime

If it's true (doubtful) i would like to think a decent transfer fee would be paid (?2m?). None of this cut price stuff being banded about with Burnley.

loveofthegame

Not a chance in one million years that Driver would ever accept a move to Ukraine, regardless of what they offer him. FACT. END OFF....

ukraine, they can get tae. stopping oil gettin to the west and driver-ing prices up.

he's already said he didnt want to leave unless he was forced. it would have to be monumental shove to get him to go to the ukraine. in saying that, its probably warmer over there the now than it is here

I expect their coach - a Mr Semin - will soon assure us it's all bollocks. :o

...umm, err, do ya reckon he's a bit of a to$$er?

Not a chance in one million years that Driver would ever accept a move to Ukraine, regardless of what they offer him. FACT. END OFF....

Plenty of players better than Andy have moved over there for money. He could go there for a year or two and the engineer a move back to England or Scotland when he'd had enough.

I can't see it happening though.

Should he be presented with this move, it will largely depend on whether he is confident enough in his own mind to be able to settle in a new country and be prepared to learn a new language (the same can be asked of any spouse he wishes to take with him). Unlike the last Scot and his missus who went to a big Eastern European club after being dazzled by the dollar signs only to start moaning and demanding to leave after two minutes because no one would speak English to them and there "wisnae a Bingo hall n' a club that diz three shots fur a poond" and "the ******in telly over there disnae show River City or I'm a celebrity".

I suspect Driver is a more rounded character than a certain ex-Hibby and his missus so I'm certain he'll give this one a bit more thought. Useful barginning tool for his agent just in case the likes of Everton really are interested themselves.

Archived