Jankauskas to consider retirement

Bordeaux 03

All the best Janny!

http://www.futbolas.lt/lt/naujienos/,nid.2125

One of the most famous footballers of recent Lithuanian Edgaras Jankauskas is to consider careers end. Lithuania, veteran striker yet to make a final point, but this time more confident about the withdrawal.

According to the player when the day comes when to quit football, he would have nothing to withdraw, and quietly. "Not very fond of noisy events. What is the need?"

Superb player for the JT's, up there with Stephane Adam for me in terms of vision and ability.

All the best Mr Jankauskas.

Malcolm Tucker

His 1st season was amazing. He went on a run of 8 goals in 8 games or something did he not?

Couple of goals against Hibs, and important goals against Rangers and Partick. Brilliant player, one of the most gifted we've had.

Good luck Edgaras.

Optimus Prime

If he wasn't so injury prone, he'd have been great for us. Very intelligent player, his link up play and movement off the ball was excellent. Great touch for a big man as well.

Outstanding in his first year, and very underrated.

His second season was poor.

Buffalo Bill

The People's Chimp

Great first season, really fantastic.

Shocking second season. Injured bending down to pick up wage packet.

A damning indictment of the romanov regime 06/07 the way he became such a waster the second season...

He was brilliant in the first year! Will never forget that long range screamer against Motherwell.

One of the best goals I have witnessed at Tynie.

He was brilliant in the first year! Will never forget that long range screamer against Motherwell.

is that on video anywhere by any chance? Love to see it again

I bet he'll be more active in retirement than he was in the final season at Hearts...;)

Bit like most players of that era *cough* Bednar, Skacel.

Malcolm Tucker
That was Rudi.

Aye, Jankauskas did it later in the season as well IIRC. Maybe it was 7 in 7 or something.

Pretty sure he did though.

Can anyone remember the Janny songs that someone made a video of? Tried to find it but had no luck.

"You cannae shove Big Janny off the ball,

Oh you cannae shove Big Janny off the ball,

You cannae shove Big Janny

And Riordan's a *****

You cannae shove Big Janny off the ball....."

A fandancing non-tryer at the best of times and ?1million quid richer thanks to us. Nice work Vlad.

Naa..shutup...good player in his first year at us.

I thought he had retired when he was still with us

Snap. He effectively hung up his boots after his first 15 or so games. Good player in that time, not worth the money thereafter.

A fandancing non-tryer at the best of times and ?1million quid richer thanks to us. Nice work Vlad.

Wrong. At the "best of times" he was one of the most gifted strikers to play in maroon. His touch and vision were as good as any Hearts player i've seen.

a player of great ability and glass hamstrings. Great first season, lousy after that.

Will always remember him fondly for his goal in the semi final, one of my all time favourite moments in football.

A very good footballer, with superb technique and scored some superb goals for Heart of Midlothian.

The 2-1 game against Murderwell when Craig made an absolutely amazing save at the death; later in the season against same team from about 20+ yards, top corner-sweet.

He also contributed in our winning of the cup that year; header against Thistle and embarearsing Zibi in the semi. :)

tremendous player in 2005/2006. he was a player i liked more than bednar because you could see all the wee tricks and touches of class that marked him out as a player who had played at the highest level.

all the best janny for whatever you decide to get up to.... motivation coach or something. :)

Gave very little in the second half of his stay here

However his performances in the early part of 05/06 were very good, especially the 1-0 defeat of Rangers .........he gave us a masterclass in hold up / link up play that day

Damn! I forgot about the fantastic flick-on for the goal in the 2006 final!

He also scored a fantastic goal from about 3yrds after Zibi.... well, you know!

Jankauskas up front with Pinilla - with both of them fit, mentally attuned and motivated - would have been my dream partnership towards the end of that second season. It never happened.

Was the Boxing Day goal against Hibs his only goal that season?

Jankauskas up front with Pinilla - with both of them fit, mentally attuned and motivated - would have been my dream partnership towards the end of that second season. It never happened.

Was the Boxing Day goal against Hibs his only goal that season?

Now that would of been a partnership. Two of the most intelligent players i have seen in maroon.

But off the park i don't think their personalities could be more contradictory. Pinilla..i don't need to explain him and Janny who's just a quiet guy who doesn't like the limelight.

When the ball reached him, it always stuck. One of the main reasons imo why Hartley and Rudi scored about 35 goals between them in his first season.

wheatfield to sheffield

He really was the Lithuanian Denis Law - the second best player they have ever had. And their best ever player - their Kenny Dalglish - was Valdas Ivanauakas!

Great player and loved watching him in that first season.

But apparently, and from a few sources was the biggest problem in the Hearts dressing room the whole time, intentionally and cynically creating the divide between Lith and other nations. Miko and Ces the only ones to reach hands across the canteen as it were

I know VR created alot of this with his antics and coaches, but big Jan was very much either a right hand man or at best a ****.

Shame, top player

Csabas the man
Can anyone remember the Janny songs that someone made a video of? Tried to find it but had no luck.

"You cannae shove Big Janny off the ball,

Oh you cannae shove Big Janny off the ball,

You cannae shove Big Janny

And Riordan's a *****

You cannae shove Big Janny off the ball....."

We could use that song again just only big Nade!

all the best for janny, 1st season was quality second season i would of rather had beniuselis! :108years:

Great player and loved watching him in that first season.

But apparently, and from a few sources was the biggest problem in the Hearts dressing room the whole time, intentionally and cynically creating the divide between Lith and other nations. Miko and Ces the only ones to reach hands across the canteen as it were

I know VR created alot of this with his antics and coaches, but big Jan was very much either a right hand man or at best a ****.

Shame, top player

I dont think Jankauskas was ever going to be one for the banter or that likeable in the dressing room at all. But like for the majority of his career he did his talking on the pitch. Like every single other player in the Hearts team at that time, his motivation levels dipped and so did his performances.

Drylaw Hearts
Jankauskas pretty much sums up VR's regime.

Spot on.

Season 1 he was a terrific.

Season 2 and a 'couldn't care less' attitude.

jack D and coke

Totally agree. Only the game against Rangers (1-0 Bednar) can i really remember him standing out. Maybe got a dozen good games out of him, max.

One of a number of players we've had under Vlad that i couldn't wait to see the back of. Trouble making tw*t as well.

**** you Janny.

Totally agree. Only the game against Rangers (1-0 Bednar) can i really remember him standing out. Maybe got a dozen good games out of him, max.

One of a number of players we've had under Vlad that i couldn't wait to see the back of. Trouble making tw*t as well.

**** you Janny.

Ha ha!! Not agreeing or disagreeing, but magic post!!!!!

I thought that at his best for us he was a wonderful player. Tremendous ability to control the ball, too powerful for defenders and a great strike on him.

I remember early on watching him, Bednar and Pospisil warming up - absolutely belting the ball into the goal. Nearly knocked one of our players out, one of the strikes was so powerful.

Hans von Luck

The big man slotting it home after Zibby's fumble at Tyne will always bring a smile along with the 3rd goal in the demolition semi at Hampden.

It was only after that one you could realy relax and enjoy the day.

Thanks big man.

I thought that at his best for us he was a wonderful player. Tremendous ability to control the ball, too powerful for defenders and a great strike on him.

I remember early on watching him, Bednar and Pospisil warming up - absolutely belting the ball into the goal. Nearly knocked one of our players out, one of the strikes was so powerful.

:laugh:

I loved Janny for that. He also always seemed to catch a fan with one of his wayward warm-up shots. I remember at Livi I think he caught about 3 fans. If you were situated behind the goals you were never safe.

**** you Janny.

Have to agree. loads of ability, strength and experience but rarely tried a leg for hearts. Met him at reception at chambers after cup win . Both ignorant and arrogant would describe my impressions. Also heard he created a few problems behind the scenes. Pity , as he was undoubtably a classy performer when he could be arsed.

jack D and coke
Have to agree. loads of ability, strength and experience but rarely tried a leg for hearts. Met him at reception at chambers after cup win . Both ignorant and arrogant would describe my impressions. Also heard he created a few problems behind the scenes. Pity , as he was undoubtably a classy performer when he could be arsed.

You better believe he was. I met him at a corporate day in the Gorgie Suite after he was the sponsors MOTM or something and you could see he would've rather been anywhere else on the planet bar having to mingle with us knobs. Scott Wilson even cut an interview with him short basically because of his one word answers and nodding and looking away.

My favourite memory of Janny is during the warm up at Tannadice early in Burley's reign when Bednar absolutely tw*tted him one with a volley that hit him square in the dish.

**** you Janny.

Archived