Problems faced for supporting Hearts

barcajambo

Sorry about the title name, never knew what else to call it.

I was thinking earlier about times when I have been wearing Hearts colours and faced problems. For example: Not getting the service or help you need in shops because your a jambo.

I once went in to pizza hut and had a valid discount pass and was wearing hearts colours and was told by the waiter that the discount is not valid because it had a small tear.

Anyone else faced problems because of supporting hearts?

This could be intresting!:108:

Getting abuse on the subway from disgusting orcs (Rangers fans) on the subway back into Glasgow city centre after a game.

I was about 17 and on my own and they were guys in their 30's, probably about 10 of them. One of them pushed me in the back as i walked past and they started giving it the whole "waaash yer hawnds Billy, they jambo ***** have goat the aids" etc.

Total filth.

Long, long subway ride that one.

tbh not had that much bother, jus hate when we get called mini rangers fans due to the tits that sing the bigoted (spelling) songs does my head, bet most of them dont know what they are singing!

What really makes me want to vomit is when an Orc (Rangers fan) gives the whole "youse Jambos are awright - yous lot hate ra tims an ra pope an aw that tae" sort of chat.

**** off you slimey subhuman bigot trash.

Had a fair share of crap in glasgow city cent for wearing my Jambos top...but doenst stop me..wear it with pride :D

And i always wear my Hearts top when im working under my work shirt and you can clearly see UKIO BANKAS and every Friday/Sat/Sun without fail the old firm fans flying in and out of the airport will have a go at me for it.... i love it :mw_rolleyes:

But when i wore my Hearts top in Ghana over the summer i was treated like a legend....they kept calling me 'Hero' and 'Kingston' haha

Hearts v Hibs reserve game at Tynie years ago. Think Andy Kirk was scoring for fun in the reserves back then. I was pretty young but went by myself and met friends from school there. Walked back home in the evening by myself with a Hearts flag tied round my waist and was followed halfway along Gorgie Road by 3 or 4 Hibs fans in late 20s/early 30s, before they finally decided to mount a group "AAAAGGGGGGHHHHH" from behind me. Cue fits of laughter from them.

Not really a "problem" I've faced but it just struck me as very strange for grown men to do to a young girl for nothing more than wearing a Hearts flag!

:108:

My brothers and I got refused entry to the Abbotsford on the 16th May 1998 because we had Hearts tops on:mad:

I was refused a job because my email address had Jambos_1874 in it. :eek:

Were you applying for Ma-Calamity's job? :laugh:

I was walking back from the World of Football beside the Corn Exchange on Summer's night after a game of 5's with some mates. Crossing the road and a white Transit van drove past me, the driver looking about 40-odd with a young passenger maybe about 15/16 who I imagined must have been his son.

I was wearing a Hearts top and Hearts shorts, the van drove past me, I faced the drivers side, he wound down his window as he passed and shouted "Jambo F***" as his son with a look of disgust on his face showed me his middle finger as they drove past.

Wasn't really that bothered as I'm proud to be a Jambo :D just thought it was a big strange for a grown-man to do, especially as I was about 18 at the time (21 now) but I usually get told I look younger.

Guest JamboRobbo

Being called a racist by fellow Hearts fans, just because I don't want ****e football players playing for the team I support ahead of better players.

Hearts v Hibs reserve game at Tynie years ago. Think Andy Kirk was scoring for fun in the reserves back then. I was pretty young but went by myself and met friends from school there. Walked back home in the evening by myself with a Hearts flag tied round my waist and was followed halfway along Gorgie Road by 3 or 4 Hibs fans in late 20s/early 30s, before they finally decided to mount a group "AAAAGGGGGGHHHHH" from behind me. Cue fits of laughter from them.

Not really a "problem" I've faced but it just struck me as very strange for grown men to do to a young girl for nothing more than wearing a Hearts flag!:108:

thats because there all thick ****my *****!

Marmeladent?rtchen

Sitting on a sunny day outside a pub on a busy road after a game Friday afternoon footy in my last year of high school. (Over 12 years ago now.) Marjory of people were in Hearts tops, and at least one in a Hibs top.

We must have been out there for over an hour and nearly every works van that flew past would beep and give us the thumbs up, or flip the bird' at us.

All I can remember was us cheering every van that gave a thumbs up, and one hibee cheering the others.

Happy days.

Does any still do the "Beep a Jambo" while driving??? .

:108: <-- just felt the need for that!!!

scottish_chicP

I don't think you get as much abuse wearing a hearts top if you are female, except parkhead obviously.

living in glasgow its not advisable to admit to supporting the jts. sometimes i'll wear my hearts tartan scarf but even thats led to a few problems in pubs. either that or half-jaked rangers fans will put a sweaty arm around me and tell me im alright by them cos i'm a jambo. filth.

living in glasgow its not advisable to admit to supporting the jts. sometimes i'll wear my hearts tartan scarf but even thats led to a few problems in pubs. either that or half-jaked rangers fans will put a sweaty arm around me and tell me im alright by them cos i'm a jambo. filth.

I hate that.

Disgusting. They really don't have a clue how much the vast majority of Hearts fans hate them and their sectarian ****.

Nucky Thompson
Being called a racist by fellow Hearts fans, just because I don't want ****e football players playing for the team I support ahead of better players.
Drama Queen :mw_rolleyes:

Yeah but your happy to accept sh**e players Just as long as their not Lithuanian and have played for Kaunas.

Not really a problem; but my brother is a hobo as are a couple of my colleagues therefore I know how to respond! Usually by :laugh::laugh: in their faces.

However, being from Dunbar, there appears to be a rather large amount of Rats present and they do not even attempt to be inconspicuous. Almost like they are proud of supporting the Rats....:eek: Why?

However, after the cup win 2006 I strolled up the High St giving it full whammy: 'Hibs are in their beds etc.' I certainly was having a party!

ps: my brother decided to travel from Portsmouth for the Diddy cup defeat by Livi, as I laughed whilst watching on the telly. :laugh:

tbh not had that much bother, jus hate when we get called mini rangers fans due to the tits that sing the bigoted (spelling) songs does my head, bet most of them dont know what they are singing!

I can't believe you know any one who would do such a thing. :laugh:

i'm always getting funny looks and snidey comments when people see the HMFC car windscreen sticker that i have on display.

the fact that i don't have a car should be neither here nor there.

i'm always getting funny looks and snidey comments when people see the HMFC car windscreen sticker that i have on display.

the fact that i don't have a car should be neither here nor there.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Miller Jambo 60
I was refused a job because my email address had Jambos_1874 in it. :eek:

If thats true mate,thank yourself lucky you did not get it.

Sound like a right bunch of clowns.:eek:

Stab you in the back and all that ****.

suzie_preston

I once went for a job interview in Dunfermline, the guy interviewing me asked me what hobbies I had, so I mentioned that one of the things I enjoyed was following Hearts home or away to which he replied he was a pars fan and the company were sponsers of Dunfermline, so there wasn't much point in carrying on with the interview, I laughed thinking he was joking, he wasn't.

He also owned the company so maybe he did me a favour.

Hearts of Vladland

Everytime someone beeps the horn and put there thumb up becuase your wearing a hearts top does my head in I always get fright.:tongue:

I don't think you get as much abuse wearing a hearts top if you are female, except parkhead obviously.

You'd think so.

Lived in Leith in my first two years at Uni so just walked up Easter Road to derbies at ER when I was there.

Was totally shocked the first time I did it, walking up by myself to have "****ing Jambo whore", "Hearts slut" shouted at me by different groups of "men" before the match.

Tend to cover up colours going there now, but had them proudly on display on the way to the 2-0 game with other folk who weren't wearing colours. Once again as we were about to get onto Leith Walk two guys in suits passed us, one of whom cleared his hobo lungs and faked to spit it on me.

Lovely.

Foerver in our shadow.

:108:

Archived