Anyone remember 1978/9.................

romanov apologist

romanov apologist

The highlights of a game at tynie were shown on Sportscene or similar.

There was TV pictures of two young girls aged about 8 or 9 doing the dance routine to the Jackson 5s "Blame it on the Boogie" on top of the old dugouts

Not part of half time entertainment - just an impromptu jig - ( fully clothed with hats, scarfs, coats and gloves before you start drooling )

Are they still going to the games - are they KBers

Anyone know?

scott herbertson

I can't remember 1998 never mind 1978, though I was almost certanly there

(old man icon)

There was TV pictures of two young girls aged about 8 or 9 doing the dance routine to the Jackson 5s "Blame it on the Boogie" on top of the old dugouts

Not part of half time entertainment - just an impromptu jig - ( fully clothed with hats, scarfs, coats and gloves before you start drooling )

Anyone know?

don't remember that.... seem to recall me doing a stagger under the pie stand... if that helps

Anyone know?

Although they didn't recognise the condition in those days, I believe you were suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, after that decade.

I certainly was!!!

Congratulations on weirdest off the wall question of the night!:D

No, no. "Off the Wall" was a Michael Jackson solo album - he's asking about a Jackson 5 track.

:tongue:

Slightly off topic but does anyone remember if we had someone called Scott Burns playing for us back then? I was playing poker the other night (I've got the Hearts badge as my avatar) and one of the other players said he was Scott Burns. Was before my time so didn't recognise the name. Plus the guy could have been talking cack but he seemed genuine!

I think it was Hugh Burns, don't remember a Scott Burns. Come to think of it, don't like thinking about that time much at all!:badmood:

I think it was Hugh Burns, don't remember a Scott Burns. Come to think of it, don't like thinking about that time much at all!:badmood:

yep.... there was a Shuggie Burns .... did he not have a fall out with some of the players over his proddy persuasion

"No, no. "Off the Wall" was a Michael Jackson solo album - he's asking about a Jackson 5 track."......

Come on, the last convo I had on here music wise involved was about prog masters Marillion!

My knowledge of the Jacksons is probably not expert!

But thanks for pointing it out:laugh:

Nelly Terraces

John Roberstons home debut v Queen of the South. The match was sponsored by a dog.

No, I'm not kidding. And it's name was Rex. Cocker Spaniel I seem to recall.

Cheers. Woof Woof.

Charlie-Brown

I was just a young kid that season but we had a great run beating aberdeen, celtic, hibs & rangers before losing to partick, the rest was dismal.

Don't remember that but I do know that the 78-79 season is best forgotten.

We won promotion that year did we not. Arbroath????

It was in 77-8 that we won promotion at Arbroath. In 78-9 we were relegated: we lost our last 10 games and didn't score in the last 5 but still finished above Motherwell! Sadly 2 teams were relegated in those days.

Archived