Burnley v Spurs

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

5 mins in, essu-akotto? plays a 30 yard back pass to his keeper its going over keepers head so he tips it wide of the post with his hand, ref gives a.............. corner????? WTF!!!

Everybody loves Baz
???? correct no?

Not if it's a PASS BACK:o

Burnley - have always looked for them since the 1970s - saw them pump us 3-0 (I think ) in 1973 at Tynecastle...2nd leg....Burnley won 5-0

8-0 on agg ( correct me if I am wrong...1973 Texaco Cup )

Think Burnley were close to winning the old Div 1 ( now The Premiership ) that year ?

Burnley - have always looked for them since the 1970s - saw them pump us 3-0 (I think ) in 1973 at Tynecastle...2nd leg....Burnley won 5-0

8-0 on agg ( correct me if I am wrong...1973 Texaco Cup )

Think Burnley were close to winning the old Div 1 ( now The Premiership ) that year ?

yeh i was there for both Texaco Cup matches in 1971 we won 4-1 at Tynie ( my first floodlight match) and again in 1973 when we were both actually top of our respective leagues at the time , Celtic beat us 3-1 the following Saturday and we plummeted, but there was over 25,000 at Tynecastle that night and they pumped us 3-0, but they had a fantastic side, with Leighton James, Peter Noble, Martin Dobson and Dave Thomas, it wasnt a great surprise when they beat us 5-0 at Turf Moor a fortnight later.

scott herbertson
yeh i was there for both Texaco Cup matches in 1971 we won 4-1 at Tynie ( my first floodlight match) and again in 1973 when we were both actually top of our respective leagues at the time , Celtic beat us 3-1 the following Saturday and we plummeted, but there was over 25,000 at Tynecastle that night and they pumped us 3-0, but they had a fantastic side, with Leighton James, Peter Noble, Martin Dobson and Dave Thomas, it wasnt a great surprise when they beat us 5-0 at Turf Moor a fortnight later.

...and they had ralph coates , he of the swept over barnet

For some bizarre reason there are still people out there who believe goalies should come for everything..

Manky night, wet gloves, confidence low - let your centre halves deal with it.

Hope Burnley win in extra time!

Not just because they are underdogs, but they might actually give Man Utd a bleedin game!

portobellojambo1
Ha ha ha ha ha

3-0 now!!! :laugh:

I just switched it on John. I had been sitting watching a film on Sky Player rather than the football, because I thought the game was done after the first leg. Film was good, but seems I made the wrong choice, and should not have assumed.

Bit unfortunate for Burnley that the away goal only counts after the completion of extra time, but it also means Spurs have to score or they are wellied.

J.T.F.Robertson

Saw some of them interviewed in a pub on a segment of Football Factories a while ago. A bit of a "territorial" bunch, so they were.

I went down for the game in '71(?) when we lost 3-1, I think it was, (my introduction to double nine, dominoes :eek:) then beat them 4-1 in the second leg.

alwaysthereinspirit
Go on Burnley, get it right up the Yids.

Met a few Burnley lads down at Preston a few seasons ago, sound boys.

Yids is a disgusting word.

Along the same lines as the N word.

The Old Tolbooth
Has anyone got a stream for the game?

I had it on Justintv but then they stopped showing it after 90 mins, I don't think they realised that it went to extra time :mad:

I had it on Justintv but then they stopped showing it after 90 mins, I don't think they realised that it went to extra time :mad:

Yeah, all the streams that I can find links to are all offline now :mad:

J.T.F.Robertson

When used in context, I agree.

why has it gone to extra time?

According to sky sports if it stays the same to the end of extra time burnley go through... wtf?

Better tell that to all the Spurs fans who call themselves yids then. GIRFU the YIDS.

Mod Edit

portobellojambo1
why has it gone to extra time?

According to sky sports if it stays the same to the end of extra time burnley go through... wtf?

In The Carling Cup semi finals the away goal only counts double at the end of extra time for some reason.

Better tell that to all the Spurs fans who call themselves yids then. GIRFU the YIDS.

mod edit.

Black people sometimes refer to each other by the N word. Does that make it acceptable too?

J.T.F.Robertson
Black people sometimes refer to each other by the N word. Does that make it acceptable too?

But when they do, it's not meant as derogatory, the opposite, in fact. It's all about context.

Spurs are a disgrace.

:biggrin:

I knew that'd do the trick! Poor Coyle: how many near misses has he had now?! We sure he isn't a Jambo?

I knew that'd do the trick! Poor Coyle: how many near misses has he had now?! We sure he isn't a Jambo?

Known sellick lover!

But when they do, it's not meant as derogatory, the opposite, in fact. It's all about context.

Exactly. Which is why Spurs fans referring to themselves by the Y word is fine; but when others do it, it's not.

They dont stand in there thousands shouting n army.

I'm guessing your jewish, which is cool, but if you stood shouting yid army I'd call you a yid also as it would seem you were happy with being called it.

Changing sides again Shaun....pfft....:tongue:

Dirty cockney b*stards. They don't deserve that. It should have been over on away goals after 90 minutes. What a nonsense. Feel terrible for Burnley. Tha was a tremendous effort.

Spurs are a disgrace.

why ?

a lot of teams would have let there heads go down , they played till the final whistle and deserved to score in extra-time.

Known sellick lover!

Only meant in jest, of course! I used to think Hector Cuper must be a Jambo too: lost the CWC final in 1999, the CL final in 2000, the CL final on penalties in 2001, and Serie A on the last day of the season in 2002! :eek: The Jimmy White of European football.

Well if they went about chanting "N***** army" and "We are the N******", then yes it would.

Lawson trying to stir things up when I'm sure he knows fine well they call themselves YIDS and have no problem with other fans doing the same. Away and try to wind up some other forum please.

Changing sides again Shaun....pfft....:tongue:

Spurs are my favourite EPL team, Dr B! They're still a disgrace though. :D

Archived