we are the boys in mauve and white

jbee647

did anyone hear danny baker on 606 last night, callers are assigned a random second team to support, and a chap last night from Norfolk drew our name , to which Danny Baker commented " ah Heart of Midlothian, a fine club, the only team to wear Mauve as opposed to Claret".....WTF ?

All my mates at university(who are not scottish) say that hearts play in claret. When I said, no we play in Maroon they all disagreed. I'm not sure if Maroon is a scottish word and Claret is more frequently used. Possibly the radio presenter was getting confused between mauve and maroon?

Goldstone Wonder

I texted in to 5live to tell him that we play in Maroon not mauve, and to assure him that Cowdenbeath does exist, but it wasn't read out, unfortunately.

Jam Tarts 1874
did anyone hear danny baker on 606 last night, callers are assigned a random second team to support, and a chap last night from Norfolk drew our name , to which Danny Baker commented " ah Heart of Midlothian, a fine club, the only team to wear Mauve as opposed to Claret".....WTF ?

Having listened to Danny Baker for years, I am sure he was just having a laugh. He has spent alot of time in Edinburgh in the past and knows plenty about Hearts.

Danny Baker is a helmet. Can't stand him. :mad:

Does the Norfolk chap you mention follow Norwich and have thousands of posts on here? :laugh:

alwaysthereinspirit

At least he got the fine part right.

Guest jambomickey

Does the Norfolk chap you mention follow Norwich and have thousands of posts on here? :laugh:

has robbos closed?

yeh Dhanny Bhoy Bhaker....

Not guilty in this case - not least because I'm not from Norfolk! I heard Baker say we played in mauve, and was shaking with rage. He's a tosser.

Interestingly Nicky Campbell mentioned this on 5 news this morning...maybe in relation to Danny Bakers comments. He also mentioned Hearts on Monday mornings programme.

not least because I'm not from Norfolk!

It's called poetic licence Shaun. :laugh:

Not guilty in this case - not least because I'm not from Norfolk! I heard Baker say we played in mauve, and was shaking with rage. He's a tosser.

Does that mean he was shaking with delight?

Danny Baker is a fat, sweaty, obnxoious bawbag.

He also caused the death of Bob Marley.

this was a story started by Danny Baker himself....back in the day Mr Baker and Mr Marley played in a kick-about in Hyde Park, Baker (an NME journo)gave Marley a dull one on the ankle, not too long after Marley aged 36,died of cancer that originated in his lower leg, Baker has had to live with the guilt to this day.....;);)

Having listened to Danny Baker for years, I am sure he was just having a laugh. He has spent alot of time in Edinburgh in the past and knows plenty about Hearts.

Is this the same one that's on Talk Sport now with Collymore

if so , last week he called us Heart and Midlothian

I hate that :mad:

no, thats Danny Kelly..

I was in a large bookstore over Christmas here, had on a Hearts jacket and was buying some football magazines, etc. The clerk says to me, you got some football material here, are you a fan? I said yes, I support Heart of Midlothian.

The guy says, no kidding, me and my pal here are Rangers fans. (I kept a straight face). He calls over the other guy and says hey [name] this guy's a "mid-lawth-ian" fan.

Ferkin gloryhunters, they're everywhere, like cockroaches.

King of the North

It's rare that this forum is united these days, but surely we can all agree that Danny Baker is a wee ballbag.

I have to turn off the radio when he comes on - he does this 5live thing on a Tuesday that is unlistenable - it's supposed to be an 'irreverent' phone in, but it's really just the sound of a short fat sweaty c.*t jumping up and down going 'look at me' 'look at me!'

I don't like him.

..... but it's really just the sound of a short fat sweaty c.*t jumping up and down going 'look at me' 'look at me!'

I don't like him.

Is he related to Chris Moyles ? :P

I mentioned to someone at work the other day that I supported Hearts and he said 'Are they the ones that play in purple?'.

Captain Scarlett
I mentioned to someone at work the other day that I supported Hearts and he said 'Are they the ones that play in purple?'.

me and the wife spent three days in york last january we went in a pub as you do when the barman heard the accent he asked whee are you from? i replied edin he then aked which team do you follow i said hearts he then said thats some nutter youve got in charge his freind behind the bar nodded in agreement and they were both aussies it seems news travels to the other side of the world but not the other side of the border

me and the wife spent three days in york last january we went in a pub as you do when the barman heard the accent he asked whee are you from? i replied edin he then aked which team do you follow i said hearts he then said thats some nutter youve got in charge his freind behind the bar nodded in agreement and they were both aussies it seems news travels to the other side of the world but not the other side of the border

Haha, not sure! When I first came down to London about 2 years ago, I couldn't believe how much people knew about the Jambos.

I guess it was close to when we had a wee run at the league etc, but still was surprised when folks named players, Ramanov etc.

Mind you i teach foreigners and even the big footy fans usually haven;t really heard of us!! They have by the time they go home though! I go crazy at them when they ask if i support celtic or rangers!

Ally Alexander

Danny Baker was the original host of 606; the level of discussion, contribution and argument seemed to be a lot better then. Have to admit I find the Tuesday night show unlistenable.

I was in York last year and saw a boy walking along the road wearing last seasons away top. Was in the car so couldn't find out if he was local or not

actually i was told today that Robbos is closing....any truth ?

Apparently ist's being refurbished... all the union jack, coke snorting, under age drinking, racists, bigotted........ young men are heading for Diggers .... lucky diggers eh?!?!?:mw_rolleyes:

Sawdust Caesar

There was a policewoman on horseback who was on crowd control at Mount Florida station after the semi with Hibs who kept shouting out "those with mauve tickets move to the front" and everybody was just standing there giving her a blank look until somebody shouted at her it's "maroon ya tube".

Well seeing this is a slow news day. I don't see any point in getting all worked up about an insignificant, ignorant tosser suggesting we play in a different colour to the one we actually play in. It's trivial, it's like calling someone who is blonde a ginger, it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, it's just his lame idea of banter.

Agreed, Danny Baker is a bell end though.

Hold the phone, Danny Baker is Gazza's mate isn't he? In that case I take it he watched him when he was with Rangers, so he mus know we actually play in the famous maroon and white. Scrub my previous post. What a ****** Danny Baker is:mad::tongue:

It's trivial, it's like calling someone who is blonde a ginger, it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, it's just his lame idea of banter. .

It does if your ginger, imagine being called blonde, what a ferkin cheek! :D

Archived