Radio Signals

WagonWheel

Was driving to work yesterday, when I got near the Newbridge roundabout and the radio in the car went totally mental. Signal was screeching like a ZX Spectrum loading. Came and went in waves no matter whether FM or AM. By the time I went home at 5pm it was fine, although I went on the M8. Just put it down to some weird interference.

Then this morning, same thing happens on the A90 around the Dalmeny area all the way to South Gyle, 90% 'nails down blackboard' noise, with intermittant periods of no interference.

Anyone else experienced this before? (Or is my car stereo about to implode....:tongue:)

cant really answer your question mate, but some parts of the town are like that. I always get a weird weird noise on AM whenever i am at the bottom of st marys st. Same high pitched beeping. Always wondered what caused it, it also happens in other parts of the town.

Was driving to work yesterday, when I got near the Newbridge roundabout and the radio in the car went totally mental. Signal was screeching like a ZX Spectrum loading. Came and went in waves no matter whether FM or AM. By the time I went home at 5pm it was fine, although I went on the M8. Just put it down to some weird interference.

Then this morning, same thing happens on the A90 around the Dalmeny area all the way to South Gyle, 90% 'nails down blackboard' noise, with intermittant periods of no interference.

Anyone else experienced this before? (Or is my car stereo about to implode....:tongue:)

might be as you were close to the airport. I used to stay in west edinburgh and used to pick up bits of airport radio traffic when listening to radio forth years ago.

might be as you were close to the airport. I used to stay in west edinburgh and used to pick up bits of airport radio traffic when listening to radio forth years ago.

I did think that, but been travelling same way for 15 years so odd it started all of a sudden. At least in the evening on the way home I can put the wailing noises down to the Real Radio 'fitba' phone-in.

Maybe they've got some new airport signal equipment for Obama-time!

Must be better than listening to the beasts brother grant stott though :108years:

Archived