The pyramid

Victorian

following on from the mammoth Cinikas thread which brought such joy to the world, i was wondering about this so-called pyramid of clubs either owned or 'financially backed' by romanov & UBIG/UKIO.

a pyramid system involving 3 clubs would suggest that there are two feeder clubs supplying players to the club at the top of the pyramid, however that is not and never has been the case.

hearts are fed FBK Kaunas players on a regular basis but it's dependent on their nationality being either Lithuanian or another country within the EU (Klimek and Moreviec from Poland). we have never had a player supplied from Ripo, mainly because we are unable to secure a work permit for Belarussian players due to Belarus not being in the EU. a fact that has probably spared some KBers from topping themselves in sheer unabashed misery.

so.... it's not a pyramid system. it's a straight arrangement between two clubs from countries in the EU. it just so happens that there is a 3rd club within the romanov 'stable' who have no real involvement in the arrangement. due to romanov having certain involvements and links to quite a few other lithuanian clubs, if anything there would be a pyramid system involving hearts and most of the lithuanian league.

Belarus for EU accession anyone?????

Tiberius Stinkfinger
following on from the mammoth Cinikas thread which brought such joy to the world, i was wondering about this so-called pyramid of clubs either owned or 'financially backed' by romanov & UBIG/UKIO.

a pyramid system involving 3 clubs would suggest that there are two feeder clubs supplying players to the club at the top of the pyramid, however that is not and never has been the case.

hearts are fed FBK Kaunas players on a regular basis but it's dependent on their nationality being either Lithuanian or another country within the EU (Klimek and Moreviec from Poland). we have never had a player supplied from Ripo, mainly because we are unable to secure a work permit for Belarussian players due to Belarus not being in the EU. a fact that has probably spared some KBers from topping themselves in sheer unabashed misery.

so.... it's not a pyramid system. it's a straight arrangement between two clubs from countries in the EU. it just so happens that there is a 3rd club within the romanov 'stable' who have no real involvement in the arrangement. due to romanov having certain involvements and links to quite a few other lithuanian clubs, if anything there would be a pyramid system involving hearts and most of the lithuanian league.

So its not really a pyramid system,more of a straight line sort of thing.

Like moving players from one club to another.How unique.

Dont think it will catch on though.

Charlie-Brown

Players do move back & forth between the other 2 teams but as far as Hearts concerned it's only EU players that can enter the UK without a work permit.

Like moving players from one club to another.How unique.

Dont think it will catch on though.

it will never work apparently. even if we get sent a really good one he's doomed to failure.... 'cos some previous players from the same source have been pish.

just think what it would be like if we had to accept players from Ripo. there would mass panic and widespread gnashing and wailing.

Tiberius Stinkfinger
it will never work apparently. even if we get sent a really good one he's doomed to failure.... 'cos some previous players from the same source have been pish.

just think what it would be like if we had to accept players from Ripo. there would mass panic and widespread gnashing and wailing.

Such negativity from "The Victorian"

Have you been got at ???

Optimus Prime

I'm sure Vlad uses RIPO as a way of selling on players to the cash rich Russian League in the same way he uses Hearts to showcase potential Lithuanian/Eastern European talent in the West.

Also if Belarus enter the EU (not on the cards in the near future) i'm sure the pyramid you mention will be in full swing.

Started reading the other thread. Some people should take a year's holiday and give us a rest. The relationship at present is ok. No problem with the occasional player from Kaunus getting looked at and other Vlad teams if legal. Team is NOT full of crap imports at present. Also reasonably happy that the worthwhile young players are getting involved at present from our own system

Optimus Prime
Started reading the other thread. Some people should take a year's holiday and give us a rest. The relationship at present is ok. No problem with the occasional player from Kaunus getting looked at and other Vlad teams if legal. Team is NOT full of crap imports at present. Also reasonably happy that the worthwhile young players are getting involved at present from our own system

Of course, no harm in having a look at them. If they are good keep them if not send them back.

The issue is if players who are not good enough are being imposed on the club as it would appear had happened in the past. However since Laszlo has come in the signs have been encouraging that he has the final say. The fact Balough (his player) has kept out Kello (Kaunas signing) and the gradual reduction of Lithuanians at the club appear to provide evidence for this.

Csaba's statement in the paper reassures me but the "won't be happy until Vlad is dead" brigade rumble on. Soon be four figures on the other thread. Life is too short and I have work to do.

A "ladder system" would sound better.

If we were getting players from Ripo it would actually be a triangle system as

geometrically speaking a pyramid is by definition a three dimensional shape and must have 4 vertices (in the case of a tetrahedron) or more.

geometrically speaking a pyramid is by definition a three dimensional shape and must have 4 vertices (in the case of a tetrahedron) or more.

VR 'influences' other clubs in Lithuania. 3 of the 8 in the league if I remember right.

Guest JamboRobbo

Well, after reading that tedious thread where a few obnoxious posters caused untold damage to HMFC by giving their ridiculous opinions, it's great to see there are other threads on JKB, threads which won't cause such problems for the club. Also, it's a bonus to see that the "nothing to see here" brigade can contribute such startling insights as this thread has so far.

:tongue:

Drylaw Hearts

The Ladder of Losers or The Triangle of Tosh ?

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I don't understand this. The OP spends hundreds of posts yesterday getting upset at posters whose views he thinks are unreasonable - and then starts another thread goading people into arguing the same things. Bizarre.

Well, after reading that tedious thread where a few obnoxious posters caused untold damage to HMFC by giving their ridiculous opinions, it's great to see there are other threads on JKB, threads which won't cause such problems for the club. Also, it's a bonus to see that the "nothing to see here" brigade can contribute such startling insights as this thread has so far.

:tongue:

We've already had far too many threads on whether or not you're a tosser so there's no need to hijack this one.

Tiberius Stinkfinger
We've already had far too many threads on whether or not you're a tosser so there's no need to hijack this one.

And the majority verdict was ??

Guest JamboRobbo
I don't understand this. The OP spends hundreds of posts yesterday getting upset at posters whose views he thinks are unreasonable - and then starts another thread goading people into arguing the same things. Bizarre.

Agreed. But what do I know, I'm just a thread hijacking tosser apparently. Not that we're just abusing fellow fans on here of course. :mw_rolleyes:

Tiberius Stinkfinger
Agreed. But what do I know, I'm just a thread hijacking tosser apparently. Not that we're just abusing fellow fans on here of course. :mw_rolleyes:

No.

I may be wrong but i think he was abusing you personally for some reason.

So abusing fellow FAN would seem to be more appropriate.

You do seem to be the butt of a lot of folks resentment on here.

Guest JamboRobbo
No.

Ah, thats ok then.

no goading i'm afraid. just an observation about the so-called pyramid system.

not everyone is out to goad you into a bun fight.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I didn't think you meant me at all. I'm not that presumptious.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

I thought you auld folks would be more akin to a scone fight rather than a bun fight.

The air around these parts seems very *****ly of late.

Whats your take on it Gramps ??

Good to see JR has brought his "startling insights" onto this thread also. Bit like a general anaesthetic the repetition. Could be a way to save the health service money? Don't see some of these views in their repetitive way as "damaging to HMFC". Just they limit the value in dipping into this site.

I know. So many fans have brainwashed themselves into thinking the Kaunas link up is a disaster and every player is pesh.

Of course a few have came and went because they weren`t good enough, some have came and shown they can play but maybe not consistently enough. But who knows? Maybe one day we`ll strike it rich and unearth a real asset then everything will be ok in the world?

I don`t see much wrong with a set-up that actually benefits Hearts!!!! You also can`t accuse Vlad of not investing in other players either as i don`t see a team full of ex kaunas players.

No.

You do seem to be the butt of a lot of folks resentment on here.

You are indeed wrong. I was expressing no opinion either way on whether JamboRobbo is a tosser or not.

My position was almost precisely the opposite. Not only was I expressing no opinion on the matter I was actively expressing disintrest in reading anybody elses opinion, including his own, on whether he's a tosser.

Tiberius Stinkfinger
You are indeed wrong. I was expressing no opinion either way on whether JamboRobbo is a tosser or not.

My position was almost precisely the opposite. Not only was I expressing no opinion on the matter I was actively expressing disintrest in reading anybody elses opinion, including his own, on whether he's a tosser.

Sorry for jumping to the wrong conclusion TC.

Tiberius Stinkfinger
is that you causing trouble again old yin?

trouble maker.

Very harsh words and very uncalled for.

I will accept your apologise in large amounts of Golden Nectar.

:)

Archived