Yeovil Town - worst strip ever?

MikeP

On Sky sports now, Yeovil Town v Leicester - Yeovil's strip is green & white hoops on the front and the back is solid green with white sleeves. A combination of smeltic & hibs - minging!!!!!!

no sorry Partick away strip pink version of the yeovil one is the worst ever unless you go to rugby and Stade Francais

Victor Meldrew

Yeovil is one of our local sides - I'm not going to let my children support a team that wears that minging strip.

On Sky sports now, Yeovil Town v Leicester - Yeovil's strip is green & white hoops on the front and the back is solid green with white sleeves. A combination of smeltic & hibs - minging!!!!!!

Minging!!!

You been in the big smoke to much mate. :mw_rolleyes:

When you next up?

I always found it funny that they wore a Hibs top when they were non league but straight away changed it to a Celtic top when they got promotion to the football league.

hibs strip is vile , celtics is despicable to put the 2 together is f*******

horrendous . green is the ugliest colour ever invented ,no one ever wears green clothes unless they are a follower of the above teams

Haha, yeh my mates a big Yeovil fan and i'm always givin him jip about their hobo-tic abomonation!!

So much so that i pretend to support Bristol around him!

hibs strip is vile , celtics is despicable to put the 2 together is f*******

horrendous . green is the ugliest colour ever invented ,no one ever wears green clothes unless they are a follower of the above teams

I wore a british racing green shirt to the Scottish Cup Final in 1998:thumb:

I wore a british racing green shirt to the Scottish Cup Final in 1998:thumb:

So we won the cup that day DESPITE your dress sense..:)

So we won the cup that day DESPITE your dress sense..:)

Because of it, a classic ?90 Ralph Lauren shirt. I stood out and looked great:tongue:

Because of it, a classic ?90 Ralph Lauren shirt. I stood out and looked great:tongue:

i had a RL on that day too but mine was a bright orange polo shirt.

that must make me a better..... no i'm not going any further. :)

I hate Yeovil. They were a massive club in non-league terms (Yeovil v Enfield, Ryman League title decider in the mid-90s; attendance 12,000, with thousands locked out!), but had a serious problem with thugs amongst their support. And given Worzel Gummidge land tends to be at least a decade behind the rest of us, I doubt that's changed.

I hate Yeovil. They were a massive club in non-league terms (Yeovil v Enfield, Ryman League title decider in the mid-90s; attendance 12,000, with thousands locked out!), but had a serious problem with thugs amongst their support. And given Worzel Gummidge land tends to be at least a decade behind the rest of us, I doubt that's changed.

You got done in by the proper bumpkins didn't you:laugh::laugh:

You got done in by the proper bumpkins didn't you:laugh::laugh:

Thankfully not - though I know some who were! :laugh:

jambos are go!

Danny Paton played for Yeovil when he was doing National Service and came back a better player and was the last Hearts Player I think to manage a League Hat Trick against Hibs in the early 1960s. They played in the Hibs strip then.

Doctor FinnBarr
Coventry City had a chocolate brown top made by Admiral in the 70's.

Worst I've ever seen I think.

Oh yes!

:108years:

]I hate Yeovil[/b]. They were a massive club in non-league terms (Yeovil v Enfield, Ryman League title decider in the mid-90s; attendance 12,000, with thousands locked out!), but had a serious problem with thugs amongst their support. And given Worzel Gummidge land [/b']tends to be at least a decade behind the rest of us, I doubt that's changed.

:mw_rolleyes::rolleyes:

:mw_rolleyes::rolleyes:

Norfolk is way, way ahead of the West country I'll have you know. There is, lamentably, vestigial racism still around (which is why Paul Ince's appointment at Norwich would be particularly interesting: the fans aren't racist, but some of the locals are, and it'd be good to drag them into the twenty-first century at last); but there's certainly nothing in the way of violence. Norwich is generally a very safe city - whereas Yeovil... :eek:

There is, lamentably, vestigial racism still around

Agreed, and it's sickening.

Courgettes, carrots and sweetcorn don't deserve it.

Agreed, and it's sickening.

Courgettes, carrots and sweetcorn don't deserve it.

:D

Doctor FinnBarr
Norfolk is way, way ahead of the West country I'll have you know. There is, lamentably, vestigial racism still around (which is why Paul Ince's appointment at Norwich would be particularly interesting: the fans aren't racist, but some of the locals are, and it'd be good to drag them into the twenty-first century at last); but there's certainly nothing in the way of violence. Norwich is generally a very safe city - whereas Yeovil... :eek:

Nearest I've been in that direction Shaun, was Shepton Mallet, where all the locals were missing 2 front teeth thro their cider drinking! All in all a place that makes Macclesfield appear normal.

:108years:

Gav Aitchison
Danny Paton played for Yeovil when he was doing National Service and came back a better player and was the last Hearts Player I think to manage a League Hat Trick against Hibs in the early 1960s. They played in the Hibs strip then.

And there was me thinking it was Mark de Vries!

That strip is murder. Proof that two wrongs don't make a right.

Having just moved back to Yeovil after a couple of years away I can confirm some of the locals do live in 1975. I sometimes feel like Sam Tyler.

Been to a couple of Yeovil games(away end though - not supporting anyone in that strip!) and can't really see wat shaun is on about. Never seen an ounce of bother.

Trying to find a pub that will show scottish football is a right pain in the behind also!

Victor Meldrew

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Having lived in both East Anglia and the West Country, I have to say you are totally wrong. Apart from the North coast, Norfolk has very little going for it IMO.

Yobville isn't a nice place, but apart from there (and Taunton) the West Country is a smashing place. We even have hills (unlike East Anglia) and thankfully we don't share the East Anglian fondness for incest!! ;)

Oooh, you take that back right now! Brown strips are the future.

Victor Meldrew

Err... how can anything be worse than a combination of the Hibs and Celtic strips? It just isn't possible.

Inspector Rex
no sorry Partick away strip pink version of the yeovil one is the worst ever unless you go to rugby and Stade Francais

Stade Francais have the worst kits of any sporting team in the world. Fact, end off, etc. I thought Harlequins were bad until I saw that denim/Warhol abomination. :eek:

quick quiz:

Name all teams that play in green

Off hand I can think of

Hibs

Celtic

Buckie Thistle

N Ireland

Rep Ireland

Marroco

Plymouth

Mexico

Nigeria

Wolvesberg

Sporting Lisbon

Wilsa

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Articles/Strange_Hues.htm

This one will surprise a few when the see the vermin strip from their early years. I am trying to find an image of Coventry City's famous chocolate strip from 1978/79. So bad they want to bring it back.

sadly it is a well documented fact that sellick stole the team and the strips in 1888

quick quiz:

Name all teams that play in green

Off hand I can think of

Hibs

Celtic

Buckie Thistle

N Ireland

Rep Ireland

Marroco

Plymouth

Mexico

Nigeria