Best Moment As A Hearts Supporter?

Jambo@HMFC

Winning the cup 1998, end of thread, fact etc etc.

agreed!! to totally feck up walter Smiths last season in charge was amazing!!

:108years:

Winning the cup on pens V Gretna

Paul Hartley scoring the pen against Aberdeen to seal 2nd spot in the league ahead of the Huns.

Prague

agreed!! to totally feck up walter Smiths last season in charge was amazing!!

Strange spin being put on our first trophy win for 36 years.

My first thought there as well.

Surely that was for us.

My first thought there as well.

Surely that was for us.

I wonder if he has an agenda.

Jimmy McNulty
Winning the cup on pens V Gretna

Paul Hartley scoring the pen against Aberdeen to seal 2nd spot in the league ahead of the Huns.

Prague

2006 comes NOWHERE near as close as 1998.

Although ecstatic at winning in 2006, I was still slightly embarassed by the way that we did it....

Although ecstatic at winning in 2006, I was still slightly embarassed by the way that we did it....

Just cause I wasnt at the 1998 final thats why the 2006 final is best for me

Yeah, I thought that also.

Favourite hearts moment was probably 2 seasons ago when we played Aberdeen at home, id been needing a dump for about 2 days but could not get release, went to the game with my insides feeling pretty rough, after about 10 mins in I felt a bit of movement from within and knew it was time, briskly jogged up the stairs into the wheatfield bogs and released a massive turd, sat there for a good 20 mins taking it all in, it was heaven.......to top it all of......clean exit

happy days

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

This is becoming redundant. 1998 Cup win. The whole season actually was amazing.

And Walter Smith was very gracious in defeat that day. Getting one over him is an odd way to celebrate the win, IMO.

alwaysthereinspirit
What are your best moments as a supporter of Hearts?

Every day I'm not a #obo. :108years:

JesusWasAJambo

im only 15 soo , the 4-4 draw was my first derby game and i will never forget when we were about to leave then the 2 goal - "4-2 and you ****ed it up!"

I was only 15 at the 98 cup final so I maybe don't appreciate it as much.

For joy at the actual match, the Phil Stamp winner at ER or the 06 Semi are probably the top two.

my top 5 would be

1) winning the cup in 98

2) saturday night parade in gorgie 98

3) the official parade on sunday 98

4) the semi :108years:

5) the penalty going in against Aberdeen

1998]

the best feeling in the world, robbo with his hand on his heart,the penalty,adam,the fans,the emotion,the cacking it when there was five minutes to go and felt like five hours, the whistles from the fans for ages,the jumping up and down hugging random jambos, the tears in my eyes when we had finally done it,the songs,the smile on my face that lasted for months,the party afterwards,the getting it right up the hobos.

It was quie simply the best day as a jambo ever, it could only be matched by winning the league.

In order

1. 98 Cup final

country mile

2. 06 semi

3. 06 final

4 Bayern at Tynie

5. Basel away

6. Fozzy v Hibs

7. Glen v Hibs

8. Aberdeen semi 96

9. Celtic LC at Tynie 96

10. 3-2 v Rangers SC 86

I was only 15 at the 98 cup final so I maybe don't appreciate it as much.

For joy at the actual match, the Phil Stamp winner at ER or the 06 Semi are probably the top two.

I was 10.

My winner on this by a country mile.

stampy and 98 come close for me...Stampy for screwing them over right at the end and how he celebrated with the fans..Him shaking his fist back to the Hearts support whilst walking down the tunnel after being sent off will live long with me..It sums it up to me what playing for the shirt is all about and supporting the Hearts

Then you have 98, the first trophy in many a year(bar Tennants sixes ofc!)..its a toughie!

I was only 5 when we won the cup in 1998 so don't remember much of it.

The two best moments for were ''The Semi'' and the game vs Aberdeen to clinch 2nd spot.

1998 - and it was 42 years not 36 !

The Paul Hartley semi against Hibs comes close though :)

42 since winning the scottish cup, 36 years for a trophy.

1998 - and it was 42 years not 36 !

The Paul Hartley semi against Hibs comes close though :)

I think the poster said 36 years since our last trophy win which is correct (1962-1998). It was 42 years since we had last won the Scottish Cup.

All of the above ... plus ...

Spoilin the Hobos party ... 1-0 win for us when they thought they only needed to turn up, Big Team Big Cup Wee Team Wee Cup, Shoes Off ...

a truly perfect day!!! :108years:

Miller Jambo 60
All of the above ... plus ...

Spoilin the Hobos party ... 1-0 win for us when they thought they only needed to turn up, Big Team Big Cup Wee Team Wee Cup, Shoes Off ...

a truly perfect day!!! :108years:

98 win and the tears flowed after a good bevy.

Relief or what:108years::108years:

Hartley's hat-trick in the Semi-final.

Jankauskas' goal, when he rounded Zibi, we knew then, it was over.

Winning the cup in '06 - my first ever final.

The atmosphere at the Aberdeen CL game, during and after.

Motherwell at the start of this season, best atmosphere since '05-'06.

The People's Chimp

1998. My only disappointment was that Robbo didn't get on, even for 1 minute.

We were holding on at the end, I know, but I just couldn't see how he didn't get on.

But yeah, 1998, all that hurt, pain, to see hearts lift the scottish cup, with dad and my brother, was amazing. I didn't honestly know if we'd ever see that...although I knew that morning. There was just something in the air. A feeling. It was going to be our turn.

i would say the away game in basle, my first trip in europe and boy what a trip it was. the result was the icing on the cake

1998. My only disappointment was that Robbo didn't get on, even for 1 minute.

We were holding on at the end, I know, but I just couldn't see how he didn't get on.

But yeah, 1998, all that hurt, pain, to see hearts lift the scottish cup, with dad and my brother, was amazing. I didn't honestly know if we'd ever see that...although I knew that morning. There was just something in the air. A feeling. It was going to be our turn.

Yup.

42 since winning the scottish cup, 36 years for a trophy.

Correct Speedbump. I didn't read the OP's post properly.

But even Hibs have won the league cup recently so my mind blocks it out :eek:

It was much harder to win it in 1962 though. Had to get through those tricky sections before the knock-out stage.

It has to be the 98 final, no question. The 4-4 was also mentioned before, that is by far the most amazing experience I have had at a game, I'm still not sure why I didn't leave at 4-2!

My third favourite, and I can't believe it hasn't been mentioned yet, is Bordeaux!

Anyone who does not say 1998 was either:

A. Not old enough

B. Not there

C. Not in Edinburgh on the Sunday

I just can't believe anyone who was none of the above would say anything else.

Nothing else will top it bar us winning the League.

Guest jambomickey

willie youngs final whistle in the 98 final will last long with me! also the night we beat bayern munich at tynie, the night we beat aberdeen to qualify for the champions league qualifiers, and any victory against hibs:108years:

Anyone who does not say 1998 was either:

A. Not old enough

B. Not there

C. Not in Edinburgh on the Sunday

I just can't believe anyone who was none of the above would say anything else.

Nothing else will top it bar us winning the League.

That's a good post, and for me sums up why the Cup final 1998 was never my favourite Hearts moment. I was there, but had to leave Edinburgh early on the Sunday morning. I've always felt I missed out on the best bit.

The match itself was a bit of a blur and the aftermath frankly a bit bewildering. Never have I seen so many thousands of people unsure how exactly to celebrate.

For that reason everything associated with the 2006 Cup run is my favourite time.

No contest for me - 16th May, 1998 - best day ever! I had tears in my eyes when Robbo held up the Cup - a really poignant moment even if he didn't get to play that day. The atmosphere was amazing, grown men and women crying after the final whistle, singing on the bus back to Edinburgh - I could go on and on!!!!

JesusWasAJambo
No contest for me - 16th May, 1998 - best day ever! I had tears in my eyes when Robbo held up the Cup - a really poignant moment even if he didn't get to play that day. The atmosphere was amazing, grown men and women crying after the final whistle, singing on the bus back to Edinburgh - I could go on and on!!!!

I was only 12 when we wont he scottish cup , i can remember every single detail and was prably the best day of my life tbh , me and my uncle and auntie nearly missed kickoff becuase a bus wouldnt let us on but we got on and it was bouncing , never forget that bus trip.

Jack Torrance

The 2 cup wins

Bayern at Tynie

and

Tannadice in 86 - You know the one. Boy that terracing was steep.

Totally agree with you mate. 2006 was a big let down after 1198 and then the semi.

Archived