Uganda - Obua

Rawrrrrrrr

it was in the paper today that Uganda (and Bobby Williamson) were getting a state dinner for their recent performance in some african cup tournament (South Africa Champions Cup jumps to mind)

Was wondering if anyone knew why Obua wasnt involved?

Maybe not allowed as he picked up and injury the last time he flew there.

Thats what I am wondering

Was it that we didnt have to release him due to the dates and regulations, or that he wasnt available for selection this time and we stand to lose him at silly periods in the season in future years.

I'm guessing it isn't a FIFA recognised tournament so only the African based players would participate as it is their close season, other players (European base) wouldn't get released from their clubs

Because I raised a relevant question about one of our players which wasnt previously answered.

I seem to recall daily threads about Larry and the African Nations Cup this time last season and when he would be back, could we tell him not to go etc etc.

portobellojambo1
I'm guessing it isn't a FIFA recognised tournament so only the African based players would participate as it is their close season, other players (European base) wouldn't get released from their clubs

It was a tournament which is called the CECAFA (Council of East and Central Africa Football Associations) Cup, which Uganda hosted (and won). No idea what age group it is for, but all the details are below -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_CECAFA_Cup

Blobby was on Chick Young's World of Football iradio show on Tuesday. He said he only chose domestic based players because it is very difficult to get foreign players away from their clubs at this time of year.

To be fair it sounds like a mickey mouse cup, Chick was trying to big up his old pal though.

it was in the paper today that Uganda (and Bobby Williamson) were getting a state dinner for their recent performance in some african cup tournament (South Africa Champions Cup jumps to mind)

Was wondering if anyone knew why Obua wasnt involved?

looks like your question has been answered, in the event that you didn't already know yourself.

Successful thread. No point in discussing further. Do you agree?

Archived