22 games in, what do you thin of it so far?

hearts_crazy

Don't know if this has been discussed recently. After 22 games last season we were sitting 11th on 21 points.

I would say we have progressed really well with virtually the same set of players in our squad. Anybody still think (as they did after the 1st Celtic game when we just happened to slip back to 8th for 5 minutes) that we haven't progressed?

Anybody still not think Csaba is the real deal?

Can we hear from posters who never ever post after a win? Do you concede you were wrong?

Not saying we are the finished article by any stretch of the imagination, but I am on the whole really pleased with how we are progressing. We seem to be slipping under the weegia radar a tad too, they are still drooling about Dundee Utd and Aberdeen.

Anybody still not think Csaba is the real deal?

I like what Csaba is doing with the club, the players like him and hopefully the fans do to. I'm glad we have him.:laugh:

:108years:

We must have the highest points to goals tally in top flight football, well done Csaba, but by god its tedious to watch, and I thought Joe Jordans team was boring, he must have been light years ahead, but I suppose you can only p*ss with what you have been given, players know their job. Keep it up.:108years:

The second set of 11 matches was an improvement on the first - five points better. We're playing as a team and we have some fight and solidity about us. Well done to Csaba on that score.

We now need to make hay while the sun shines and do to the poorer teams in the next few weeks exactly what we have done to them in both rounds of fixtures so far. If we can beat teams like ICT and Hamilton for a third time, we might well find ourselves ahead of Aberdeen and United by the time we play them - and that could be a psychological advantage.

Csaba now needs to ensure that we do better against the teams we're competing with for third. Two points from a possible twelve so far against Levein and Tango isn't great.

The second set of 11 matches was an improvement on the first - five points better. We're playing as a team and we have some fight and solidity about us. Well done to Csaba on that score.

We now need to make hay while the sun shines and do to the poorer teams in the next few weeks exactly what we have done to them in both rounds of fixtures so far. If we can beat teams like ICT and Hamilton for a third time, we might well find ourselves ahead of Aberdeen and United by the time we play them - and that could be a psychological advantage.

Csaba now needs to ensure that we do better against the teams we're competing with for third. Two points from a possible twelve so far against Levein and Tango isn't great.

We actually gained seven points more in this quarter than last. If we can take another 21 points out of the next quarter then we would be on 56 points and almost certain to be 3rd or 4th before our games against the other top six teams.

60 points should be the target for a top four finish.

We actually gained seven points more in this quarter than last. If we can take another 21 points out of the next quarter then we would be on 56 points and almost certain to be 3rd or 4th before our games against the other top six teams.

60 points should be the target for a top four finish.

Thanks for correcting my arithmetic. Puts the second round in an even better light.

The team is worth supporting again. Well done to CL for that, and well done to VR for letting him get on with it.

As mentioned above, the next step is to improve our record against the other sides in the top six. Only two victories so far, I think - a poor return...

a huge improvement on last term, were hard to beat and have done pretty well with a formation that has seen a few changes but think how much better off we would be with a decent strike force and a more offensive midfield

I think that says a lot about how good the team really is.

I thought the makeshift defebnce did well yesterday but with Driver , Obua & Nade contributing next to nowt we rarely threatened. I'd be very worried if Bruno goes : the only genuine quality in the team.

I think most Hearts fans felt there was the basis of a decent team there last season but it didn`t have the proper management or guidance, especially the young players.

All the same you, need players with strong mentalities and there are still one or two i have my doubts about as i wonder what they`d be like if Csaba wasn`t there.

It`s obvious Csaba is a deep thinker and good motivator. He also seems inspirational to the young players and knows what he needs to do to nurture them and that`s what my biggest fear was, that the good young players we have would stagnate if we didn`t have a good manager/coach in place. Thankfully Csaba seems to know what he`s doing with them.

And that`s the biggest thing for me. He`s a thinker and wants players to enhance themselves and be more intelligent on the park. It`s not a case of, "right lads, lets get oot there and just get stuck in", he wants composure and thought and the team to keep it`s discipline in certain situations. So far you can see that train of thought showing through in the team and he`s shaping the team nicely to see where our weaknesses are showing up and what he nees to do to improve.

I just hope Csaba get`s his players in he wants instead of having to accommodate certain players and continually re-shape the team. So far so good. We`re in the hunt for europe and still in the big cup. Plenty room for improvement as we know though.:)

I think most Hearts fans felt there was the basis of a decent team there last season but it didn`t have the proper management or guidance, especially the young players.

All the same you, need players with strong mentalities and there are still one or two i have my doubts about as i wonder what they`d be like if Csaba wasn`t there.

It`s obvious Csaba is a deep thinker and good motivator. He also seems inspirational to the young players and knows what he needs to do to nurture them and that`s what my biggest fear was, that the good young players we have would stagnate if we didn`t have a good manager/coach in place. Thankfully Csaba seems to know what he`s doing with them.

And that`s the biggest thing for me. He`s a thinker and wants players to enhance themselves and be more intelligent on the park. It`s not a case of, "right lads, lets get oot there and just get stuck in", he wants composure and thought and the team to keep it`s discipline in certain situations. So far you can see that train of thought showing through in the team and he`s shaping the team nicely to see where our weaknesses are showing up and what he nees to do to improve.

I just hope Csaba get`s his players in he wants instead of having to accommodate certain players and continually re-shape the team. So far so good. We`re in the hunt for europe and still in the big cup. Plenty room for improvement as we know though.:)

That's all very fair comment. We are playing with a degree of composure, we don't get rattled and most of the time we don't look like conceding. Once we get ahead, we must be an absolute bitch to play against.

If you take into account the indisputable fact that we are ****-poor up front (no slight on Nade intended - he has certainly put in a great shift recently) and also that we have, in my opinion, gone into a lot of matches this season carrying a passenger or two, I think the results are very good.

Deep down, how many games/performances were enjoyable even although they were effective, still better to win ugly than lose beautifully

That's all very fair comment. We are playing with a degree of composure, we don't get rattled and most of the time we don't look like conceding. Once we get ahead, we must be an absolute bitch to play against.

If you take into account the indisputable fact that we are ****-poor up front (no slight on Nade intended - he has certainly put in a great shift recently) and also that we have, in my opinion, gone into a lot of matches this season carrying a passenger or two, I think the results are very good.

I just look forward to seeing what we can do when we pick up a half decent striker. Third place is there for the taking.

It`s a funny one Leg. As you say, Nade hasn`t done bad so were does the problem lie? People keep saying a goalscorer but surely it`s down to the system too? Maybe Nade doesn`t have that natural instinct around the box that others have but to find a player with the ability to hold the ball up and score out of nothing will be hard.

For me, we need a more attack minded centre mid ASWELL as playing Bruno if the lone striker system is maintained. Nade more or less said himself he`d prefer a partner so he could face goal more often but maybe two mids with good attacking ability behind him in the lone role will help him?

I just look forward to seeing what we can do when we pick up a half decent striker. Third place is there for the taking.

I still think it's if rather than when, Deevers. The dream scenario for me is that someone's daft enough to pay a substantial amount to take Kingston off our hands and Csaba is then given the funds to sign a proven, injury-free striker.

Third place? I think it's going to be a relentless slog - Aberdeen and United will be there or thereabouts. I think fourth qualifies this year too?

It`s a funny one Leg. As you say, Nade hasn`t done bad so were does the problem lie? People keep saying a goalscorer but surely it`s down to the system too? Maybe Nade doesn`t have that natural instinct around the box that others have but to find a player with the ability to hold the ball up and score out of nothing will be hard.

For me, we need a more attack minded centre mid ASWELL as playing Bruno if the lone striker system is maintained. Nade more or less said himself he`d prefer a partner so he could face goal more often but maybe two mids with good attacking ability behind him in the lone role will help him?

I think we may well end up playing 4-5-1 until the end of the season. (I know there are different interpretations of our system, but to me it looks very like 4-5-1.) Nade to me is not a natural goalscorer, but he is very good at holding the ball up - ideally he'd have someone like Aguiar as well as a strike partner to lay the ball off to. In the absence of a strike partner, it would be interesting to see how Black of ICT would fit in. It's also possible that Csaba will simply play Glen more often as one of the five.

I still think it's if rather than when, Deevers. The dream scenario for me is that someone's daft enough to pay a substantial amount to take Kingston off our hands and Csaba is then given the funds to sign a proven, injury-free striker.

Third place? I think it's going to be a relentless slog - Aberdeen and United will be there or thereabouts. I think fourth qualifies this year too?

I'm always the optimist! I think we will pick up someone in the is window who will do a job for us up front. Fourth place would not be too bad given the fact the Csaba has not really had a real opportunity to restructure the team completely to his liking. I've a feeling that a lot of work will be done in the summer and we will see a completely new Hearts in August.

As for Kingston - I've got a feeling we may well see the back of him in the not too distant future.

In any case the difference between last season and this season is like night and day.

Archived