• Michael STEWART
    • Bruno AGUIAR
    • Andrew DRIVER
    • Christian NADE
    • Deividas CESNAUSKIS
    • Gary GLEN

portobellojambo1

Time to vote again.

A few good performances yesterday, on what can only be described as a mental day weather wise. Made it difficult for both sides, thought the first half was relatively even, 2nd half we took more control.

For his overall performance, added to by his contribuion at goal number 2, I have gone for Christophe Berra again.

Also thought once again Karipidis got through a ton of work.

MODS - Could you sticky this please. Thanks

willie wallace

Wasn't there yesterday but was wondering how the overall performance was compared to the Motherwell game.I know a win is what counts but was there an improvement from last week.Most reports say we were poor but prefer to hear the views from the guys who were at the game.

Eggert Jonsson was excellent at centre half. MOTM for me.

Me too. I didnt realise he had so much pace. His awareness and reading of the game were brilliant and he had a good couple of last ditch tackles.

A little bit worried that a big physical centre half would shove him around a bit, but other than that he's a more than able centre half/right back/left back/midfield player

Wasn't there yesterday but was wondering how the overall performance was compared to the Motherwell game.I know a win is what counts but was there an improvement from last week.Most reports say we were poor but prefer to hear the views from the guys who were at the game.

First thing to note was that the weather all during the game was dreadful (wind and rain) so it wasnt a great game.

Overall I thought we were poor in the first half. Not much urgency on display as well as an astounding lack of talent. We were lucky to be o-o at half time because Invincible missed and absolute sitter

Second half we started to find passes a bit better and had a bit better width, giving the midfield a bit more space to play in. We were also a lot more solid looking at the back.

We scored two really excellent goals, one from a good and well supported run from Mikey Stewart and the other from a training ground set piece, well delivered again by Stewart

boabyarsebiscuit
Time to vote again.

A few good performances yesterday, on what can only be described as a mental day weather wise. Made it difficult for both sides, thought the first half was relatively even, 2nd half we took more control.

For his overall performance, added to by his contribuion at goal number 2, I have gone for Christophe Berra again.

Also thought once again Karipidis got through a ton of work.

MODS - Could you sticky this please. Thanks

I'm glad this thread appeared, as today in kickbackland it isn't evident at all that Hearts yesterday picked up 3 points at a venue we've had little joy at in recent trips.

I thought it was a great "team performance" in difficult conditions, so much so that I could pick out about 5 or 6 players worthy of player of the match consideration.

Jamie McDonald did little wrong in very difficult conditions for a keeper. Robbie Neilson also continues to look a much better player than many Hearts fans give him credit for. Jason Thomson put in a shift in an unfamiliar position. Christophe Berra did pretty much everything right. Christos Karipidis did his usual solid job and popped up with a goal. Michael Stewart looked more like his old self and had a very big hand in the first goal, and put in a cracking free kick for the second. Bruno Aguiar took his goal well, and looks like a real football player.

However I am going to vote for Eggert Jonsson. Again played very well, in yet another change of position. Eggert looks to be developing into a wonderful player, and I am sure he is destined for big things.

I reckon this thread's got 2 pages max in it. Sadly.

I thought that our defenders and goalkeeper deserved most of the credit.

What a strike from Bruno for the goal though.

Karipidis gets my vote as MoM.

Eggy, Kara and Burno tops for me, Bera again performed at the top of his game but we've come to expect that type of performance from him, he'll be a huge loss when he moves on :mad:

1st half was rotten but a marked improvement in the 2nd, loved the sour grapes from JJ and hobo combe, he took some stick in the 2nd half :108years:

Archived