You decide!

Dr. Bapswent

Which would you prefer?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which would you prefer?

• Going to games without the bigotted **** fans but reducing the size of the Hearts support by 1/3?
    • Keeping them and their 'passion' and adding to the atmosphere?

Which would you prefer?

Going to games without the dumb bigotted **** fans but reducing the size of the Hearts support by 1/3.

or

Keeping them and their 'passion' and adding to the atmosphere?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which would you prefer?

Going to games without the dumb bigotted **** fans but reducing the size of the Hearts support by 1/3.

or

Keeping them and their 'passion' and adding to the atmosphere?

I'd absolute love to see the bigots eradicated Dr. B, but I severely doubt they make up anything close to a third of our support.

I'd absolute love to see the bigots eradicated Dr. B, but I severely doubt they make up anything close to a third of our support.

I am in no way suggesting they do number that many.

Its just a number to quantify a large number of the support to see how people 'value' or not the 'atmosphere' they bring.

Teuchterjambo

What about everyone channels their energy to supporting the club and the football team - that way our creche section bigots learn to support and get behind the team without bringing all the bigotry crap in and all the guys who are spending such a lot of time moaning about them can concentrate on what's important.

Great atmosphere, everyone behind the team, no fan against fan - sorted !

Only problem is that to bring that about these little tossers have to decide if they want to support the football team or just belt out the bile ?

I voted to lose them. How happy will the supporters be if/when the team starts getting docked points/fined because the bigots have gone a wee bit too far?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Where is the 'I don't really give a ****, I just want to watch the game' option?

Exactly. This thread is just designed for an argument. Load of sh*te.

I'd imagine the 'bigots' go to more games than the opening poster anyway so he has no right to say anything.

Governor Tarkin

Keep them. The vast majority of them will grow out of it, pretty sharpish probably, and it would be a shame to alienate them from the club for being young impressionable dicks. Talking with a wee bit of experience here. A lot of my mates (myself incuded) depending on quantities of alcohol consumed, often fell in to the annoying dick catagory. All of us still attend games regularly, most of us religeously, and that might not have happened had our fellow supporters had us all punted at the time. It's a hard one to call, but most young dafties don't stay young dafties, and may form the core of our support in years to come. We're not the only club with a pain in the arse element either. The local constabulary seemed to do their job pretty efficiently yesterday anyway, and if they continue to do so, the problem should take care of itself.

Drylaw Hearts

Out of the 1100 that travelled yesterday there were roughly 100 in the group being discussed.

They wouldn't be missed.

If this is about yesterday then its a nonsense poll. We've always had issues with some songs/flags from people who definitely add something to the support when adding voice to more acceptable Hearts songs.

Yesterday was like a teenagers day out with 25 folk draped in union jacks etc, never seen anything like it to be honest.

What about everyone channels their energy to supporting the club and the football team - that way our creche section bigots learn to support and get behind the team without bringing all the bigotry crap in and all the guys who are spending such a lot of time moaning about them can concentrate on what's important.

Great atmosphere, everyone behind the team, no fan against fan - sorted !

?

Thats the option that gets my vote.

Carl Weathers

I'd say keep them. If it was really children/young adults causing the bother, then surely they will grow out of it.

I'd bin the grooming adults and the beverage thrower though. :o

portobellojambo1

My preferred option ain't there so I have not voted.

I do not have the right to say they should not be allowed to go to games.

A percentage of those involved yesterday do go regularly to away games, I have no wish to see them stop going. If, somehow, Hearts can get through to them, that what happened yesterday was unacceptable, and those participating learn from that, and channel their energy into singing Hearts songs problem is solved as far as I can see.

If they wish to promote strong Protestant beliefs, and/or Loyalist paramilitary groups, then they have options to do so away from football, which they should consider looking into. I have no problem with them going down that route if they so wish.

Agreed there were only about thirty of the young numpties there yesterday with four or five "mentors" (auld numpties who should know better but probably feel BIG getting the adoration from their feeble minded minions) orchestrating things.

We don't want or need you, please go!

The vast majority of fans (90%+) don't want these morons at the game or these "songs" sung. Hearts should be doing more to get rid of these idiots and encouraging people to name and shame the guilty and then ban them from tynecastle and other grounds. With allocated seats and CCTV, it should be pretty easy to identify who they are and issue warnings then ultimately bans.

I voted to lose them. How happy will the supporters be if/when the team starts getting docked points/fined because the bigots have gone a wee bit too far?

yeah thats right because our fans (and remember they do support hearts) are so much worse than the old firms and see how many points they get deducted every year

and of course everyone who comes on here to badmouth the so called bigots have never sang any of these songs or shouted anything remotely controversial at a match

get a grip you bunch of do-gooders

FTH:108years:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
The vast majority of fans (90%+) don't want these morons at the game or these "songs" sung. Hearts should be doing more to get rid of these idiots and encouraging people to name and shame the guilty and then ban them from tynecastle and other grounds. With allocated seats and CCTV, it should be pretty easy to identify who they are and issue warnings then ultimately bans.

You sound like the type who would throw coffee at these folk. :mw_rolleyes:

No brainer. We need rid of them. Unfortunately, lots of people have no brains!

I know, that's not what you're saying, Doc, but there aint nearly 1/3, I'd guess a couple of hundred of these muppets and it wouldnt effect the club negatively to be rid of them

Infact, without them I think the club could attract more support, especially with all the excellent community work and initiatives we've been doing over the last few years.

As I always say, each to their own, but if you have a violent or radical political agenda, join a violent political party and vent your splean at rallies. Don't sully our beloved club

ArmiyaRomanova

However, going from the state of the poll at the moment - 87/25 - it appears that a third of the JKB support is at least sympathetic towards them.

Worrying.

Very worrying.

I arrived at the game late and ended up sitting next to the people that were singing "the songs". The main culprits were not 15 year old laddies as some people have stated, they were grown men in their 20s!

Ended up moving seats. I don't condone anyone throwing coffee but neither is the behavouir of these people acceptable just because they happen to go to the majority of Hearts games.

Fail to see how we can take the moral high ground with the old firm fans when we have fans singing the sash, Rule Britannia and die die Pressley die.

I find it embarrassing!

The key thing for me in this debate is what is best for Heart of Midlothian Football Club. I have no doubt that these guys are true fans of the club, but are misguided/don't fully understand the full implications of the songs they sing.

I voted to bin them, but that's only because there was no option to say 'keep them, as long as they confine their political and religious views to themselves, or to establishments where their views are shared, during the football games'.

The problem comes when what they sing will threaten the good name of HMFC, and indeed, might lead to financial and criminal penalties.

Surely if they are REAL fans, they will see that this could potentially damage the club, therefore, I am sure they will cut out these unacceptable songs?

wasn't at the game so will probably be ignored at best for being a "keyboard warrior" but I think your poll should have been more along the lines of the options to dock HMFC points and pillory us for being bigots or deal with the narrow minded ones who try and make this an issue for HMFC. I would be very disappointed if this lot made up 33% of our away support. I have not voted either.

ToadKiller Dog

:arf:

What got me was the look on our well known mini hearts fan and mini pops huns groomer as he left 5mins before half time the hatred and bewilderment on his puss as he left ,he was spitting venom which must have been hotter and more deadly than any cup of coffee.

Guest S.U.S.S.

:troll:

Stick to being happy when people throw hot tea or other heavy objects at Herarts fans Dr B. This is not one of your better trolls.:)

:laugh:

Since you mention Robbo's, when I was talking about keeping the political and religious views/songs confined to establishments where like minded people are, this is kind of what I was referring to.

I drink in Robbos when I travel up for games, before and after the game, mainly because of the atmosphere, nowhere else compares in my view. I sing along to some of the songs too, not all, but some, because I know I am surrounded by people who aren't easily offended, and this is not to say I have strong sectarian or political beliefs.

However, I would never sing certain songs at the football because of the damage it could do to the club I love, and indeed, because I am respectful of the other people who are there. Not to mention the fact that I am there to support my team, not the Loyalist paramilitaries or to espouse the virtues of being British rather than Scottish.

I generally don't go to away games outside Edinburgh and these people are one of the reasons why.

There's not much benefit in generating a lot of atmosphere if it's toxic.

Guest S.U.S.S.

Ah so singing songs about this happening at Celtic is a terrible thing to do, making a point scoring exercise of children's suffering, but it seems its ok to have a giggle if your accusing Hearts fans of paedophilia?

Since you mention Robbo's, when I was talking about keeping the political and religious views/songs confined to establishments where like minded people are, this is kind of what I was referring to.

I drink in Robbos when I travel up for games, before and after the game, mainly because of the atmosphere, nowhere else compares in my view. I sing along to some of the songs too, not all, but some, because I know I am surrounded by people who aren't easily offended, and this is not to say I have strong sectarian or political beliefs.

However, I would never sing certain songs at the football because of the damage it could do to the club I love, and indeed, because I am respectful of the other people who are there. Not to mention the fact that I am there to support my team, not the Loyalist paramilitaries or to espouse the virtues of being British rather than Scottish.

Good post I would agree with all of the above.

I reckon we should be getting rid of the people who are offering up violence against small minorities.

Lets get rid of the bigots(or so called bigots) then the jews,blacks,gays I wonder who is next on some peoples sick agenda

Ah so singing songs about this happening at Celtic is a terrible thing to do, making a point scoring exercise of children's suffering, but it seems its ok to have a giggle if your accusing Hearts fans of paedophilia?

Everything's fair game to me squire.

If you like touching small boy's bottoms, then fair play to you.

A percentage of those involved yesterday do go regularly to away games, I have no wish to see them stop going. If, somehow, Hearts can get through to them, that what happened yesterday was unacceptable, and those participating learn from that, and channel their energy into singing Hearts songs problem is solved as far as I can see.

If they wish to promote strong Protestant beliefs, and/or Loyalist paramilitary groups, then they have options to do so away from football, which they should consider looking into. I have no problem with them going down that route if they so wish.

I agree completely with this. I'd like Hearts to step up efforts to make this happen, either by campaigns on the website or just organizing the support.

My thoughts as well apart from the going down paramilitary routes bit, loyalist or otherwise, Not to be encouraged.

Obviously not having attended the game yesterday, but having in my time had considerable dealings with youth, one of the mistakes is to accept that the trouble they are causing is just youthful exuberance and will disappear if ignored. The problem is that not curtailing the actions at an early stage can encourage others to join what seems to be good and harmless fun. Taking no action or encouraging the action is just as unfair to the majority of these young people as terminating it.

I although probably having no business doing so voted to have the offenders removed from attending games, my reasoning is not as heavy handed as it may seem, I see it as a method of giving a stern warning that actions cause reactions, this would show them that you have to pay the piper without having life affected by a criminal record.

There are conflicting views about the reaction of those outwith the group. Fortunately this did not escalate into direct action, but if it identified to any of the young participants the potential for physical injury, it may at this level have been worthwhile.

Governor Tarkin
My thoughts as well apart from the going down paramilitary routes bit, loyalist or otherwise, Not to be encouraged.

The thing is, most of them don't have any firm loyalist or paramilitary beliefs (or at least none that they fully comprehend). What we are seeing is a manifestation of the pack mentality under a suitable banner, which in this case is deemed to be a bit naughty. The football is where this 'naughtyness' gets maximum exposure.

As several posters have said, most of them will grow out of it.

By all means, tell them they are acting like phannies, but purging the support of them totally would rob us of a lot of good lads who, in a few years time (max) will continue to follow the club all over the country but without the unsavoury extras.

I generally don't go to away games outside Edinburgh and these people are one of the reasons why.

There's not much benefit in generating a lot of atmosphere if it's toxic.

the point is that they do go to the games every away game.

they dont make excuses not to go like you are doing.

bet the same guys you are having a go at went to motherwell on a wednesday evening in january to watch a very poor performance from hearts,then they still travelled to killie to watch another poor 1st half (i believe) performance.

may not sing the correct songs but they are better supporters than myself because they still travel to all away games i pick and choose.

the point is that they do go to the games every away game.

they dont make excuses not to go like you are doing.

bet the same guys you are having a go at went to motherwell on a wednesday evening in january to watch a very poor performance from hearts,then they still travelled to killie to watch another poor 1st half (i believe) performance.

may not sing the correct songs but they are better supporters than myself because they still travel to all away games i pick and choose.

I don't think their attendance record is the issue under discussion. :cool_shades:

portobellojambo1

Was simply giving them the option dave. After all one of the songs they were singing yesterday was in support of the Ulster Volunteer Force (whether any of them have ever met a member of, or know anything about, the UVF is a different matter altogether)

It is certainly not an option I would encourage them to take, but if they wish to do so that is up to them.

I cannot imagine any of them taking the option to seriously promote religion, they didn't look like church goers to me, so was simply suggesting that if they see themselves as loyalist warriors options are there as well.

I think Social Workers would class it as the option to choose, or something equally as cheesey.

I think we should embrace these youths and give them guidance. Perhaps share a coffee with them at a few games :D:D:D:D

Guest S.U.S.S.
Everything's fair game to me squire.

If you like touching small boy's bottoms, then fair play to you.

What are you on?

you want to come over on saturday and say that to my face feel free.

You obviously think child molestation is funny.

What are you on?

you want to come over on saturday and say that to my face feel free.

You obviously think child molestation is funny.

No chance I'd say that to your face. You're clearly solid.

They should all go and watch Rangers where that kind of behaviour is welcome.

Its a shame some people can't watch football without bringing religion into it.

Archived