13 days left

Castle Magyar

Castle Magyar

Things are going along much better than last (2) seasons but concerns still hang over us about the lack of sourcing a striker given we've known for some time we're in dire need of one - and with 18 days into the transfer window, still nothing to report?

Maybe some action will be seen soon, but please don't leave it to the last day Hearts !!

We have one, Gary Glen, but they cost the money, however we do require another target type to cover/replace Nade, can't see the system we're playing being changed though to accomodate a 2nd striker, well not until well after half time in games and at the moment Gary is perfect for that, good news John Fleck coming through should help keep the press off Gary

I mention in another thread I'd be happy just to see us keep a hold of our better players. With the exception of Larry who needs to go now to save the rest. Berra, Kari, Eggy, Driver must stay.

No doubt we need a striker but I'd rather we had quality than just another numpty to make up the numbers.

I see what you are saying though. You'd think in 18months we'd have a long list by now.

We have not recieved any money for players as yet. Have not made moves for any players who would command a few. Think the two go hand in hand.

We have not recieved any money for players as yet. Have not made moves for any players who would command a few. Think the two go hand in hand.

Correct, and whilst there is still plenty of time for transfer activity in both directions I'd be happy if there was no movement at all, provided that there is no movement in either direction.

I want us to get a striker in but not if its at the expense of losing either Berra or Driver, the only two players that there will be both significant interest in and a significant transfer fee involved.

Castle Magyar
... can't see the system we're playing being changed though to accomodate a 2nd striker, well not until well after half time in games...

I try to imagine Sir Alex Ferguson adopting this philosophy when there are injuries / suspensions - somehow I don't see him or the Man U supporters accepting it.

Whilst we're a long way from that level, we do seem to have been playing this 'formation' since the start of the season - and surely long enough to recognise change is needed, change being in the way of someone who can score goals i.e. a poacher.

Correct, and whilst there is still plenty of time for transfer activity in both directions I'd be happy if there was no movement at all, provided that there is no movement in either direction.

I want us to get a striker in but not if its at the expense of losing either Berra or Driver, the only two players that there will be both significant interest in and a significant transfer fee involved.

We would command a fee for Kingston or Zaliukas surely?

Archived