Huns propaganda machine in full swing!!!!!

grumpyjambo

Charlie-Brown

Loadsa these slags are in Sir Dracula Murray's back pocket - easily bought over by free champagne & salmon butties.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Thinking about this more, I have always used my real name on Kickback since its inception in 1996, so I do see his point. However, it doesn't make the validity of these people's arguments any less valid. Pen names used to be commonplace when people commented to newspapers in days of yore. McCrae's Battalion highlights this for one.

Thinking about this more, I have always used my real name on Kickback since its inception in 1996, so I do see his point. However, it doesn't make the validity of these people's arguments any less valid. Pen names used to be commonplace when people commented to newspapers in days of yore. McCrae's Battalion highlights this for one.

Although for a while Geoff, you had to sacrifice the 'ilpatrick' as one of the previous forums couldn't fit the whole name if I recall correctly!

scott herbertson

Me too

I have always thought it was a shame more people didn't - it would probably make people moderate some of their excesses if they couldn't hide behind a user name.

Having said that I have used a pseUdonym on Hibs Net since the start (wasn't sure when I logged on how it might develop)

I wasn't in a rush to put my real name on the internet when I first joined a forum, however I am less concerned now. My name has been on board, I have met a fair few of those on the board and I have been pictured on the board. I also go to Hearts games, have done all my life, am a shareholder and help sustain the club. So, the fact I use an internet pseudonym negates any view I have on the club? Nonsense

If I were to meet any club official I would obviously introduce myself, however bighusref does me fine here thank you.

I wasn't in a rush to put my real name on the internet when I first joined a forum, however I am less concerned now. My name has been on board, I have met a fair few of those on the board and I have been pictured on the board. I also go to Hearts games, have done all my life, am a shareholder and help sustain the club. So, the fact I use an internet pseudonym negates any view I have on the club? Nonsense

If I were to meet any club official I would obviously introduce myself, however bighusref does me fine here thank you.

Spot on, some people on this board know who I am but I prefer to have my user name.

Spot on, some people on this board know who I am but I prefer to have my user name.

Dear Mr English,

Cannot see how not signing your name to your opinion makes any difference whatsoever. Either the opinion is validated by people agreeing with it, or it gets shot down in flames. Names are irrelevant...unless you are a lazy journalist who wants to quote the opinions of "Grandmaster Suck" and feels a bit silly about it? Well, Tom English, you really ought to be more embarassed about your own sycophantic fawning to the powers at Ibrox? Perhaps a pen-name would be a good idea for you? Might save your wife the embarassment when she uses her credit card...

Up Yours

A.A"Spellczech" Fowler

Geoff Kilpatrick
Although for a while Geoff, you had to sacrifice the 'ilpatrick' as one of the previous forums couldn't fit the whole name if I recall correctly!

Indeed. That was Kickback II IIRC.

There is, of course, nothing wrong with using pseudonyms on the interweb - and Tom English has pretty much proven himself Murray's chief lapdog in recent weeks (must have been the "succulent lamb" that did it, I suppose). But in this case, I think he's right: it's ridiculous to expect any club owner to take you seriously if you can't even be bothered to provide your real name. Were there ever to be any campaign against Romanov, it'd be an absolute prerequisite for anyone who signed up to it to be open about who they were: otherwise, you're just a faceless troublemaker.

Haha poor Frankie Four Fingers ... funny thing is, I bet the chances are he has 9 fingers but he's just forgot he has another hand !!!

There is, of course, nothing wrong with using pseudonyms on the interweb - and Tom English has pretty much proven himself Murray's chief lapdog in recent weeks (must have been the "succulent lamb" that did it, I suppose). But in this case, I think he's right: it's ridiculous to expect any club owner to take you seriously if you can't even be bothered to provide your real name. Were there ever to be any campaign against Romanov, it'd be an absolute prerequisite for anyone who signed up to it to be open about who they were: otherwise, you're just a faceless troublemaker.

Have you given up then Shaun? :tongue:

Have you given up then Shaun? :tongue:

There was never a campaign in the first place! :) Though more generally, I suspect you'd agree with the thrust of what English was saying too: unlike others, you don't hide behind a username, which makes you a much more credible figure IMO.

PresidentRomanov
There was never a campaign in the first place! :) .

I said that at the time, It was just you attention seeking - again :)

I said that at the time, It was just you attention seeking - again :)

Whereas what you do every day on this messageboard is...?

Hmph. And I used to think we were friends... ;)

Oh come on Shaun, it was quite a funny line.

No need to take the hump bud as we had two completly different points of view yesterday.

:)

Oh come on Shaun, it was quite a funny line.

No need to take the hump bud as we had two completly different points of view yesterday.

:)

I'm not - I laughed myself, hence the wink.

Charlie-Brown

2 weeks ago Tom English printed his Rangers wish list for the January transfer window, then last week it finally dawned on him there was some major problems at Hunbrox, this week he's got over his crisis of faith and is back in full swing batting for Team-Murray.....the guy is a complete Hun tube-steak.

There was never a campaign in the first place! :) Though more generally, I suspect you'd agree with the thrust of what English was saying too: unlike others, you don't hide behind a username, which makes you a much more credible figure IMO.

You would have to ask why it makes any difference to Murray and his cohorts? Jim Templeton felt the need to resign as Secretary of the Ranger's Supporter's Assembly because he felt that Murray was 'consulting' then ignoring the views of his members on issues like the 5% levy on away tickets.

The funding of the RSA was also cut from ?30K to ?20K by Murray - one could argue that was because he knew where the criticism was coming from and rebuked them by cutting their funding?

Maybe he wants his critics to out themselves so that he can take some kind of action against them?

You would have to ask why it makes any difference to Murray and his cohorts? Jim Templeton felt the need to resign as Secretary of the Ranger's Supporter's Assembly because he felt that Murray was 'consulting' then ignoring the views of his members on issues like the 5% levy on away tickets.

The funding of the RSA was also cut from ?30K to ?20K by Murray - one could argue that was because he knew where the criticism was coming from and rebuked them by cutting their funding?

Maybe he wants his critics to out themselves so that he can take some kind of action against them?

Sure. He's a nasty, nasty piece of work, with a great deal of apparatus behind him too. But it is daft to expect a campaign featuring the usernames English mentioned to be taken seriously - and if the fans in question are serious, they'll have to prove it by stepping up to the plate, whatever the consequences for them might be.

it's a poor argument imo. The substance of the words you use is not altered one iota by what pseudonym you write it under. Murray would be under no more compulsion to pay it any heed if they put a full name in than if they call themselves JoyDivisionOvenGloves. I'd also suggest that a pseudonym is a good thing for members of Follow Follow in a lot of cases, especially those who are less bigoted than some of the bigger knuckle draggers.

PresidentRomanov
Sure. He's a nasty, nasty piece of work, with a great deal of apparatus behind him too. .

Give me strength, is there anyone or anything you aren't an expert on Shaun? :laugh:

Have you ever met this "nasty, nasty piece of work"?

While not my own name it's not 100 miles from my actual name

See if you can guess

I don't see the issue with people not having their real name surely it is a preferred choice about how they want to present thereself on the internet. Whenever I register anywhere I always use MalkyMcFrench out of habit more than anything else, does that make mine or anybody else with a pseudonym's point any less important. If they use their own names it only means Murray can see to it that they stop getting away tickets etc

He's Scotlands version of Robert Mugabe or Pol Pot, I wonder how many bodies are hidden under his vinyard in France :laugh:

NB If Mr Murrays lawyers are watching please pay particular attention to the 'laughing' smiley which shows the comment above was said with tongue firmly in cheek :mw_rolleyes:

Give me strength, is there anyone or anything you aren't an expert on Shaun? :laugh:

Have you ever met this "nasty, nasty piece of work"?

Someone of his obvious levels of control and paranoia is clearly not a pleasant individual: Graham Spiers' views of him are more than enough to be going on with. Seeing as you hate Rangers FC, don't you hate the man behind them too?

Sure. He's a nasty, nasty piece of work, with a great deal of apparatus behind him too. But it is daft to expect a campaign featuring the usernames English mentioned to be taken seriously - and if the fans in question are serious, they'll have to prove it by stepping up to the plate, whatever the consequences for them might be.

Are anonymous user names on an internet forum any worse than, say, working in the media and pretending to support St Mirren?

As for the 'my pal Graham Speirs' line...it sounds like Mr English never had the balls to ask the question himself!

The Future's Maroon

I dont see what the problem is with people using 'usernames' on the t'internet, the more forums you see the more wacky (and clever) names you see....unfortunately there are also some who go too far.

It doesnt matter what the person has as a username, if they talk sence they will be listened to but if they talk rubbish they get ignored (no doubt this post will now be ignored)....should we all be putting our real names, email addresses and home address on the internet - I dont think so!

For the record 'The Future's Maroon' is not my real name.....but does anyone know how much it costs to change you name by deed poll?!!

Someone of his obvious levels of control and paranoia is clearly not a pleasant individual: Graham Spiers' views of him are more than enough to be going on with. Seeing as you hate Rangers FC, don't you hate the man behind them too?

Shaun, GS was previously one of the Blue Lackeys who was on the Champagne Train - until he got tossed off. :)

Are anonymous user names on an internet forum any worse than, say, working in the media and pretending to support St Mirren?

As for the 'my pal Graham Speirs' line...it sounds like Mr English never had the balls to ask the question himself!

I agree on both counts. It still strikes me as gutless on the part of their fans though. The funny thing is, when there was a thread on this campaign a couple of days back, it was widely ridiculed! Rangers fans, arse licking media, David Murray: a plague on all their houses.

Shaun, GS was previously one of the Blue Lackeys who was on the Champagne Train - until he got tossed off. :)

Blimey - Murray's powers extend even further than I previously thought! :)

And it was the making of him in any case. No way would he be so successful and respected if he'd just toed the line forevermore. Good for him.

PresidentRomanov

I know alot of people who support other clubs I don't hate.

You're a strange person Shaun, you're willing to take the word of someone you've never met, that another man you've never met is a nasty piece of work?

I know alot of people who support other clubs I don't hate.

You're a strange person Shaun, you're willing to take the word of someone you've never met, that another man you've never met is a nasty piece of work?

In this case, given the myriad accounts of individuals all saying the same thing, yes.

WorldChampions1902

Presumably then, Tom English will no longer write Banner Headline Exclusives on the basis of "a club insider informed him that....", or "it is believed that...." or "someone close to the club has announced that....", given his stance on identities being made public?

Aye right!! :rolleyes:

PresidentRomanov
In this case, given the myriad accounts of individuals all saying the same thing, yes.

I think you'd find a similar myriad of accounts saying the opoosite about him, funny how you choose to hear the one's that suits your twisted agenda.

Maybe you're not the straight down the middle, fairminded person you think you are Shaun?

I think you'd find a similar myriad of accounts saying the opoosite about him, funny how you choose to hear the one's that suits your twisted agenda.

Maybe you're not the straight down the middle, fairminded person you think you are Shaun?

Generally, accounts which say the opposite are from those who benefit by doing so. I'm entirely fair minded and objective - objectivity is derived from looking at the context in which things are said. Something which applies to more than a few posters on this forum I could care to mention...

PresidentRomanov
Generally, accounts which say the opposite are from those who benefit by doing so. I'm entirely fair minded and objective - objectivity is derived from looking at the context in which things are said. Something which applies to more than a few posters on this forum I could care to mention...

I've known David for 23 years, and can tell you he's actually a very nice man, he was a nice man before he developed an interest in Rangers FC, and he still is.

Would you say someone who actually knows him, is better judged to pass comment on the kind of person he is, rather than someone who takes his opinion purely on what people write about his running of a football club?

Personally, I think your judgement is clouded by the football club he owns, whick makes you as bigoted and narrowminded as anyone you think you're above.

I've known David for 23 years, and can tell you he's actually a very nice man, he was a nice man before he developed an interest in Rangers FC, and he still is.

Would you say someone who actually knows him, is better judged to pass comment on the kind of person he is, rather than someone who takes his opinion purely on what people write about his running of a football club?

Personally, I think your judgement is clouded by the football club he owns, whick makes you as bigoted and narrowminded as anyone you think you're above.

Does a nice man bully the media into saying exactly what he wants, PB? And in this case, my context rules certainly applies: I recall you saying what a corking chap Andy Goram was too...

Me too

I have always thought it was a shame more people didn't - it would probably make people moderate some of their excesses if they couldn't hide behind a user name.

Having said that I have used a pseUdonym on Hibs Net since the start (wasn't sure when I logged on how it might develop)

I don't think its a good idea to use your real name on an Internet fans forum .

You might be safe enough if you stay in England or Australia but if you stay locally you have to be aware that it's not just fellow Jambos who can read your posts.

Archived