match report and interviews

winston churchill

Drylaw Hearts

Tbf......

Killie should have had the match out of sight at HT.

They had the benefit of the wind and created several openings. It's there own fault their finishing was so poor.

In the second half and took our chances.

It was a lottery who was going to win that match given the weather conditions and thankfully we came out winners.

Hans von Luck
Tbf......

Killie should have had the match out of sight at HT.

They had the benefit of the wind and created several openings. It's there own fault their finishing was so poor.

In the second half and took our chances.

It was a lottery who was going to win that match given the weather conditions and thankfully we came out winners.

I would not gothat far DH, Killie really only created one clear chance in the first half the sitter of a header missed by some numpy in blue and white.

Apart from the scramble after "George Michael" slipped in the box I cannot remember them creating too much.

Drylaw Hearts
I would not gothat far DH, Killie really only created one clear chance in the first half the sitter of a header missed by some numpy in blue and white.

Apart from the scramble after "George Michael" slipped in the box I cannot remember them creating too much.

They split the defence open on several occassions.

They also put several decent crosses into the box and we had to make a few last ditch tackles.

Hans von Luck

They also put several decent crosses into the box and we had to make a few last ditch tackles.

You did notice that the assistant referee put his flag up on at least 2 of those occasions.

As for tackles, that is what defenders are supposed to do IMO.

Remember they did have a bit of a wind advantage in the first half. ;)

Charlie-Brown

So we defended well then DH ? I wasn't at the game & don't have BBC Alba hence asking the question.... :)

Drylaw Hearts
You did notice that the assistant referee put his flag up on at least 2 of those occasions.

As for tackles, that is what defenders are supposed to do IMO.

Remember they did have a bit of a wind advantage in the first half. ;)

I did comment on the conditions.

:)

This clearly aided them in the 1st Half as much as it it did us in the 2nd.

Drylaw Hearts
So we defended well then DH ? I wasn't at the game & don't have BBC Alba hence asking the question.... :)

Yes and No.

We were very slack on numerous occassions but we did manage to recover most of the time.

I thought Jonsson was brilliant.

I would have no problems in leaving him in there at the expense of Zaliukas if he carry's out his threat to leave Scottish football.

I can't think of a position Jonsson hasn't excelled at.

Possibly right mid?

Anyway, the boy is a huge talent.

Killie should have been out of sight by halftime. Invincible missed a sitter, I extepcted Fernandez to score with his chance and there were a few other occasions where their decision making saved us. Added to that our defenders made a couple of important blocks when their strikers dithered and if I was a Killie fan I'd be raging with my strikers today.

The wind was a massive factor though. It ruined the game so JJ's just being a bit bitter in his comments. Very few teams would have played well in that weather but it's all about taking chances.

Great team goal for the first though.

Yes and No.

We were very slack on numerous occassions but we did manage to recover most of the time.

I thought Jonsson was brilliant.

I would have no problems in leaving him in there at the expense of Zaliukas if he carry's out his threat to leave Scottish football.

Agree with what you have said on the thread. Jonsson was my MOTM. I can't rmemeber him losing out on anything.

It was the tale of two halves. They created three good chances in the first but fialed to take them. Then we got Bruno and Driver on the ball more in the 2nd and started to get a hold of the game and carve out a few chances. If our final ball and deciosn making in the final third was a bit better we could have got a couple of more goals.

Drylaw Hearts

Possibly right mid?

He has massive potential.

We need to find him a position and leave him there.

I think CH suits him best.

Possibly right mid?

As I was saying ot one of the guy's I go to the games with that having Kari and Eggy is like having an extra two squad players with their versatility. With us cutting our squad down and bringing through youngsters I think it is important we have players who are able to play in a couple of positions.

As for Eggy, he is one of the most important players we have. I know that might sound a bit didgy but no matter where he plays he puts in a shift and I don't think he should be dropped. If that means Neilson being dropped so be it.

EDIT: Or as DH said, centre back instead of Zal.

He has massive potential.

We need to find him a position and leave him there.

I think CH suits him best.

Only because it would mean the end of Zaliukas in the team.;)

:laugh:

Everyone got stuck in today in what were horrific conditions.

Well done Hearts.

Buffalo Bill

Drylaw Hearts
Only because it would mean the end of Zaliukas in the team.;)

:laugh:

You know me all too well.

As much as I respect JJ, his comments today just seem unneeded. We are not a bad side, and definitely not the worst to beat killie this season.

Johanes de Silentio

"hearts are the poorest team to come here and take away the points"

More confused than disappointed by JJ's comments - he's just wrong!

Both sets of players did well in the conditions, but the one guy that produced the moment of class that separated the sides was in maroon.

JJ seems to be suggesting that his side was the better of the two - I disagree.

Killie made a few chances, but didn't take them, while we made a few and scored twice.

Hearts were not poorer than Killie yesterday - have a word with yourself, JJ - you've got this one wrong, mate!

You've obviously forgot about wee Fernandez going straight through on goal, with only the goalie to beat....but thankfully balooning the baw miles high and wide!!! Another clear cut opportunity all the same.

Archived