Jamie MacDonald..(merged threads)

JesusWasAJambo

JesusWasAJambo

Why does jamie mcdonald and somtimes the other hearts goalkeepers always wear last seasons away goalie strip ?

Malcolm Tucker

Our 'home' goalie top is blue. It would clash with the likes of Killie, Caley and Rangers, probably.

Maybe a ref's decision.

..had a very good game today. Looks a very confident young lad and made some good saves.

Would be a bit harsh if he was dropped again next Saturday IMO.

Drylaw Hearts

Well done son.

Outstanding today in what was very, very difficult conditions for Goalies especially.

Handling was excellent as was his positional sense.

One great save in the second half from a volley.

Kello should really pack his bags tonight as he isn't really needed any longer.

So it looks as if the chopping about and holding him back slightly hasn't effected his game, if anything he's improved!

Excellent. In Csaba we trust.

Well done son.

Outstanding today in what was very, very difficult conditions for Goalies especially.

I actually thought his handling was a wee bit iffy at times, but there's every chance that was because of the conditions.

Regardless, a great, confident performance from the guy today.

thought Jamie played a stormer today, his save in the 2nd half was top drawer, played very well in difficult conditions

Captain Lithuania
Well done son.

Balogh hasn't signed though. Are you volunteering to play in goals?

I thought he looked a wee bit shakey in the first ten mins..miscontroled a back pass but apart from that thought he was great. Was sitting in the main stand today, down towards the goal (yes, in with the kille season ticket holders :laugh: and yes, i did look like a tool when i was the only one to jump up when hearts scored :108years:) and got good views of his 2nd half saves. Id rather we saved the ?130,000 for Balogh and used it for a new striker? And i think Jamie should be given the number 1 shirt and start everyweek..rate him very highly. Next Craig Gordon?!

Captain Lithuania
No.

I'll be a Sub though.

You would need a laptop on the sidelines then?

You would get Kickback withdrawl symptoms :P.

Drylaw Hearts
You would need a laptop on the sidelines then?

You would get Kickback withdrawl symptoms :P.

I take my Blackberry in my Glove Bag.

Simple.

Captain Lithuania
I take my Blackberry in my Glove Bag.

Simple.

Can you not get the ones which are now actually on the gloves?

How handy would that be :).

(Pardon the pun)

Charlie-Brown

I think that Jamie MacDonald suffers like a number of other home-grown kids have done over the years in that it's easier to overlook them in favour of brought in players....I'm not saying that MacDonald is better than Balogh or Kello or previously that McKenzie or Gordon (at that age) were better than Moilenan but regardless they had to wait their turn.

I'm a Kello fan but have warmed to Balogh in recent weeks as I think he has been excellent. Today though proved that Jaimie is a very capable 'keeper and i'd have no qualms about him being first choice - maybe a good shout using the Balogh dosh to entice Porter early as we still badly need a poacher!

And i think Jamie should be given the number 1 shirt and start everyweek.

If Balogh was to leave, I wouldn't mind Jamie being the number 1.:)

:108years:

Jam Tarts 1874
Don't forget Banks, Basso & Ridgers are taking their share from our not insignificant wage bill at the moment.

Banks is a coach, not a player.

Banks is a coach, not a player.

Yes, a coach (of the under 18's, not the first team), who is getting paid first team goalie wages.

Yes, a coach (of the under 18's, not the first team), who is getting paid first team goalie wages.

Banks has a coaching contract.

Jamie Mac was great yesterday in terrible conditions.

Seems to me that his decision making is generally very good and he made a cracking save in the 2nd half.

I have no problem with him in goals at all. Balogh has also looked rock solid in the last few months.

Nice problem for Csaba to have.

Thought Jamie done well yest. If Balogh goes then i think now is the time to give him an extended run of hames.

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

what does everybody see in balogh hes a ticking timebomb his handling is a atrocious, would never pay 150.000 to secure his services apart from kellos kicking which can be worked on cos look at jamie langfield now he is a great keeper and would rather keep him on the cheap. jamie to have no1. berth tho.

what does everybody see in balogh hes a ticking timebomb his handling is a atrocious, would never pay 150.000 to secure his services apart from kellos kicking which can be worked on cos look at jamie langfield now he is a great keeper and would rather keep him on the cheap. jamie to have no1. berth tho.

Obviously been spending too much time in Fritzle's basement! :tongue:

Archived