Goncalves ?

gregzy2k7

whats happening with this guy ? his loan deal is surely up with the german club now and are they going to buy him or will he return ?

http://http://www.fcn.de/team/spieler/profil/goncalves/

Interesting site they have, I quite like how all the players are pictured doing tricks. Also interesting to read one of his fav footballing moments was winning the Scottish Cup :)

he never played in the cup winning team...in fact he wasnt even at the game , he watched the game in switzerland

He was suppsoe to be back with hearts in jan but they have either extended or he is back without any news coverage.

He is a great player though.

Jambo, Goodbye
he never played in the cup winning team...in fact he wasnt even at the game , he watched the game in switzerland

Indeed, slightly odd one that

If football was all about throw-ins and "shepherding" the ball out of play......then yes he is a great player :mw_rolleyes:

He's only played 3 times for them so far, so im guessing either he's injured or he hasn't impressed.

He has played far more than 3 games.

Seems to have started the season as first choice and latterly dropped to the bench some weeks and some weeks started. They also have a month long winter break.

The fee though isnt peanuts and unless someone has seen him play hard to tell if he is doing enough for them to pay it.

LarrysRightFoot

What was the agreed fee if they take their option on him? ?2.3m or something?

Also if he does come back does anyone think Csaba could make a good left back out of him? To me he seems to have all the attributes but just needs some proper coaching - i mean Lee Wallace (not counting his red cards) has come on leaps an bounds this season under Csaba and Burger so possibly they could do the same with Jose?

Having said this ?2.3m would be a good piece of business.

Optimus Prime

He was too interested in being a playboy and being seen in George St bars. A wasted talent, not the first and won't be the last.

http://http://www.fcn.de/team/spieler/profil/goncalves/

Interesting site they have, I quite like how all the players are pictured doing tricks. Also interesting to read one of his fav footballing moments was winning the Scottish Cup :)

He looks like he's heading the ball with his eyes open in that photo. Never seen him do that before.

Francis Albert
Take the ?2.3million and a 20% sell on clause and run!

It's not our option. We can't choose to take it. Nuremberg can choose to give it.

Thought he was a great player and would have been a great addition to our team. However he was never the same after being knocked unconcious and never played well after. Was this was due to the injury or just a fear of being hurt again, I don't know.

It's not our option. We can't choose to take it. Nuremberg can choose to give it.

Do you think if Nuremberg decide to re-negotiate the ?2.3m their fans will find it embarassing :mw_rolleyes:

Francis Albert
Do you think if Nuremberg decide to re-negotiate the ?2.3m their fans will find it embarassing :mw_rolleyes:

No, because they will only do so because of the Balogh example. They wouldn't have dreamt of doing such a thing otherwise. :mw_rolleyes:

He has played far more than 3 games.

Seems to have started the season as first choice and latterly dropped to the bench some weeks and some weeks started. They also have a month long winter break.

The fee though isnt peanuts and unless someone has seen him play hard to tell if he is doing enough for them to pay it.

Almost right, He wasn't so much dropped as sent off and didn't come straight back in.

He was ever present up until his red card against FSV Frankfurt on the 7th November

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/gamelog?id=69323&cc=5739

He missed the 3-0 away win over FC Ingolstadt 04(A)

and then 2-1 home derby win over F?rth

He started the next two games on the bench (getting a brief run on at the end in Osnabruck)for before getting his starting place back against 1860 Munchen on 14/Dec unfortunately he only lasted 6 minutes of that game before getting substituted because of Injury.

That was the last game before the winter break and the german season restarts in a fortnight

Only one player has played in all 17 of Nuremburg's Bundesliga games, Goncalves is tied in 2nd with two others on 13

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/team/squad?id=269&cc=5739

Any idea of how he is playing?

I mean 2.3 mil isnt peanuts and Nurnburg arent on course for promotion so he would have to be doing something pretty special imo for them to take it up at that price. Would imagine another decent LB/CH could be found for less unless he is making himself irreplacable.

JesusWasAJambo

I would like to think that he wouldnt come back and that we would take the money that we get for him to put towards Mr. Porter :D

Interesting site they have, I quite like how all the players are pictured doing tricks.

I wouldn't really say that heading the ball is a 'trick'.

Mind you...

This thread is full of the usual OTT criticism pesh that we see all the time on JKB...

Jose suffered from mismanagement of the squad just like the rest. Made to play through loss of form because his cheaper competition had also lost his form. We?ve seen the change in Wallace under Csaba, who?s to say Jose could also be back to the player we saw when he first arrived?

In his first 6 months here I would say Jose looked like he had the abilitiy to play for a top top club. I am talking the likes of Liverpool here, not just EPL.

Still only 23 as well.

If he gets the right coaching he will be class, never recovered from what was a fairly horrendous injury - which at the time looked among the most serious I have seen with the attention he was getting

He was suppsoe to be back with hearts in jan but they have either extended or he is back without any news coverage.

was a season long loan im sure...giveing them first option to buy

Archived