Craig and Eddie

Cobblers

Listening to their post match interviews I think it must be love.

It certainly doesn't sound like Craig has any intention of leaving Dundee Utd whilst Eddie's still around.

Hard to imagine a Hearts Manager and Vlad talking about each other in such glowing terms.

IMO as soon as Levein got a place on the board, any chance of him coming to us vanished.

Don't be so sure, wait a wee while and see, things will not stay the same for long and change will happen up there sooner than some think. Can't say too much as I don't want to betray a confidence but soundings have been made and you never know!

IMO as soon as Levein got a place on the board, any chance of him coming to us vanished.

I'll try and say this as respectfully as possible, but I guess its what people are thinking, but skirting around.

Reading between the lines poor old Eddie isnt long for this world and Levein wont be leaving until that happens, and even then it looks extremely doubtful.

Big ChipButty
Actually come to think of it it's hard to imagine a Hearts Manager.

What's a Hearts manager?

Craig is in the final of the CIS cup.

His team is still in the Scottish cup.

He is highly likely to finish in the top six.

He has spent ? 2.46.

His stock is rising rapidly.

He will jack it and join Hearts?

I dont think so.

He was wise enough to get out when he saw 10 minutes of Romanov.

Craig will be Hearts manager again one day, but not when Romanov is at the helm.

I'm afraid to say that all you can do is take your hat off to Dundee Utd.

When we hammered them at Tannadice in Aug '05, I never thought I'd have to say stuff like that again.

Buffalo Bill

He has spent ? 2.46.

I dont think so.

Craig will be Hearts manager again one day, but not when Romanov is at the helm.

Who did he buy for 2 pounds 46?:confused:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Got to say well done to Levein.

I will be absolutely delighted if they win the cup. He deserves it.

rudi must stay

seems like things are going well eh. Will be interesting to see if he's so happy in the next transfer window when he's got no money to spend

seems like things are going well eh. Will be interesting to see if he's so happy in the next transfer window when he's got no money to spend

Well he has just sold Robson for ?1.2 million and he has just spent diddly squit!

So he must be keekin himself about the next transfer window.

rudi must stay
Well he has just sold Robson for ?1.2 million and he has just spent diddly squit!

So he must be keekin himself about the next transfer window.

He had nothing to spend at Hearts either tho and in the end got fed up with it and left. Same might happen there

Listening to their post match interviews I think it must be love.

It certainly doesn't sound like Craig has any intention of leaving Dundee Utd whilst Eddie's still around.

Hard to imagine a Hearts Manager and Vlad talking about each other in such glowing terms.

I understand Eddie doesnt have long left, so it must be an emotional time.

Craig's team is in the group stages of the Yoofa Cup.

His team is going well in the League.

He will jack it and join Leicester City on the eve of one of our biggest ever games?

I dont think so.

Oops. :nooo:

I understand Eddie doesnt have long left, so it must be an emotional time.

Correct.

Whatever anyone thinks of Utd or Thompson he has, since he owned them, ploughed his own money (as opposed to simply credit) into the club, to try and make the club successful again.

Just as he looks to have eventually found the right manager, it seems his time his up.

I for one hope that he gets to see his team win a trophy before he goes.

He treats Levein with a lot of respect, so I can see why the emotion at this time.

Mind you, once Eddie T goes I can see it all unfolding up there. Keeping it in the family wont work IMO

Correct.

Whatever anyone thinks of Utd or Thompson he has, since he owned them, ploughed his own money (as opposed to simply credit) into the club, to try and make the club successful again.

Just as he looks to have eventually found the right manager, it seems his time his up.

I for one hope that he gets to see his team win a trophy before he goes.

He treats Levein with a lot of respect, so I can see why the emotion at this time.

Mind you, once Eddie T goes I can see it all unfolding up there. Keeping it in the family wont work IMO

Yep, he is trying to make sure they will be okay after he leaves, ie giving Levein a place on the board, etc.....which is fair play, however with regards to CL, I dont think that appointment means he is set for life. When a guy on his last legs offers you a post, it must be hard to turn down.

Fort Vallance

He has spent ? 2.46.

I dont think so.

Levein resigned for "personal" reasons nothing to do with Romanov. He wasn't even at the club.

well done to Levein.]

The guys seems like a decent bloke.... good manager in all senses of the word and has turned round UTD.... brutal to take as a jambo.

Levien left Hearts for personal reasons and is staying on at United for the moment for very personal reasons. That position will change as noted in earlier posts. Vlads investment needs a (semi) sucessful team on the park and he knows he needs a manager with a proven track record to do that. Levien is one of the best qualified to deliver this.

Yes. Utd have shown serious commitment to Levein and in return he has done a fantastic job for them.

Craig is a Hearts man through and through and if a serious offer came his way he would be back in a jiffy. No mistake.

Guest Dipped Flake
Yes. Utd have shown serious commitment to Levein and in return he has done a fantastic job for them.

Craig is a Hearts man through and through and if a serious offer came his way he would be back in a jiffy. No mistake.

He will not leave Utd at the moment no matter what is offered to him, and I unclude the Scotland job in that as there is no way he was not approached for that job.

He had nothing to spend at Hearts either tho and in the end got fed up with it and left. Same might happen there

That's a complete understatement. He actually had less and less money to spend each year as the wage bill was cut every year. At the end he didn't even have enough funding to keep existing players like Seve as the money wasn't there to re-sign them. Meanwhile his reputation was growing all the time as he was consistantly getting us 3rd and into Europe. So he decided to go to a club that he thought could match his level of ambition. I for one was gutted when he left. And would be delighted to see him back. But I think he's too much of his own man to work under Vlad.

He will not leave Utd at the moment no matter what is offered to him, and I unclude the Scotland job in that as there is no way he was not approached for that job.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Remember he had a very public dispute with the SFA over fines that were imposed due to his comments about the ref.

Archived