Obua

Ryan Gosling

Addressing the media ahead of tomorrow's Clydesdale Bank Premier League meeting with Kilmarnock at Rugby Park, he admitted he has yet to fire on all cylinders.

"The fans are so demanding here and they expect a lot of the players," he said.

"I have been here for a few months now but they have definitely yet to see the best of me.

"I was injured in Germany to begin with and have had a few more since then. I will work hard to get back into the side and stay there but it is difficult when the team is doing well.

"But I will stay positive and keep working hard and I'll get there, for sure."

Good lad.

I see he attended today's press conference. I hope this means his attitude is improving too.

:)

Nowt to do with his attitude he is just simply gash

He's a parasite eh? He should GTF right? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I heard he was going to be the new Captain as a deal has been done for berra to go to Bolton for 1.4 Million. ;)

Gimme an H...

Aye and he should take Csaba Frail with him eh i8???!!!?!??!!!!

I have watched the guy intently since his first game

Seriously, I do my own player cam every game on him

he is chronic

Ho hum.

There is players there who are far "gasher".

I agree with DO, we are yet to see the best of him.

Chad Sexington

I thought he did OK against the vermin. Not great but OK.

He seemed to enjoy having a bit more time on the ball than he's been getting.

He's nowhere near as good as I hoped he'd be though. :(

Hopefully he'll get his sh*t together and surprise me yet.

marshallschunkychicken
I have watched the guy intently since his first game

Seriously, I do my own player cam every game on him

he is chronic

He's probably freaked out by the weirdo staring at him... :tongue:

Sunday showed how Hearts fans can treat a player when he does the business.

If that doesn't inspire him nothing will.

I hope he can be a player for us.

I fear he's another Wyness - just short of what's required.

Maybe we are doing the same as we did with Wyness, ie playing him in the wrong place?

Funnily enough, we are playing Obua where we should have played Wyness.:P

I thought he did OK against the vermin. Not great but OK.

He seemed to enjoy having a bit more time on the ball than he's been getting.

He's nowhere near as good as I hoped he'd be though. :(

Hopefully he'll get his sh*t together and surprise me yet.

He cant deal wiyh the pace of the Scottish game.

The reason he did ok against the Hobos is that once Feltcher got sent off, he had more space and time.

I think he plays for his phycial presence (over the likes of Mole/Glen) but Im concerned he jsut doesnt have what it takes in the Scottish game.

I think outwith the SPl he would be good, and thats what Csaba could see. But it doesnt work so well in the SPL.

Sunday showed how Hearts fans can treat a player when he does the business.

Early on in that game also showed him how much the support can get on a players back. I mean it was his first misplaced pass ffs.

I fear it is a long way back for him, to win over some of our fans.

Playing at left mid in the first half of his debut I thought he looked very capable.

Anyway, I still believe there is more to come from him and hope he does the business.

Maybe we are doing the same as we did with Wyness, ie playing him in the wrong place?

Funnily enough, we are playing Obua where we should have played Wyness.:P

Dude, Wyness is keek at SPL level. He's proved that everywhere! He wasn't played in the wrong position at us, he just wasn't good enough! (Basel apart).

:D

I think he plays for his phycial presence (over the likes of Mole/Glen) but Im concerned he jsut doesnt have what it takes in the Scottish game.

I think outwith the SPl he would be good, and thats what Csaba could see. But it doesnt work so well in the SPL.

Physical presence??? He's built like the gable end of a crisp. I've seen him lose out on too many 50/50's to have seen any physical presence.

Tynecastle Valhalla

i dont expect him to become a legend by any means but he will improve if he gets a run in the team and gets a bit of confidence going.

he def has ability, contrary to what has been suggested by some on this thread. it is just getting him to use it !

He cant deal wiyh the pace of the Scottish game.

The reason he did ok against the Hobos is that once Feltcher got sent off, he had more space and time.

But after Fletcher got sent off Obua almost never wasted a pass. If he can adjust to the speed of the SPL then he could be a useful player for us.

Bandwidth thief :Bazooka:

:torture::laugh:

I think the second half the the Cup game showed Obua has more ability than most of us thought. As ScottJambo says, he rarely wasted a pass once he got more space so hopefully once he's got used to the pace here we'll see more of that. Brave header in the build up to Nade's goal aswell.

How many games has he played for us so far anyway? Surely less than ten and in different positions and in bits and pieces. It'll take him a while to settle but hopefully he will.

How many games has he played for us so far anyway? Surely less than ten and in different positions and in bits and pieces. It'll take him a while to settle but hopefully he will.

The Derby was actually his 12th appearance but only his 6th start

St Mirren   (H) W 2-1, Whole  90 min
Airdrie Utd (H) D*0-0, Whole 120 min
Hamilton    (A) W 2-1, First  77 min (Ksanavicius )
St Mirren   (A) W 1-0, Last    1 min (Driver)
Hamilton    (H) W 1-0, First  60 min (Neilson)
Inverness CT(A) W 1-0, Last    4 min (Driver)
Falkirk     (H) W 2-1, Last   30 min (Jonsson)
Rangers     (H) W 2-1, Last    5 min (Nade)
Celtic      (A) D 1-1, Last   30 min (Kingston)
Dundee Utd  (H) D 0-0, Last   57 min (Nade)
Motherwell  (A) L 0-1, First  68 min (Glen)
Hibernian   (A) W 2-0, First  82 min (Glen)

* lost on pens

He played the first two games in full but since then he's only played 414 minutes which is approximately equivelant to another 4.5 games taking the effective total to 6.5.

He's probably had more International game time under Csaba than he has so far for Hearts.

Dude, Wyness is keek at SPL level. He's proved that everywhere! He wasn't played in the wrong position at us, he just wasn't good enough! (Basel apart).

I maintain we played him wrongly. He should have been tucked in behind two frontmen.

On Obua, if we are going to persist with him, maybe we need to work on making space for him...?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Give him time. Some of the comments on this thread are a joke, tbh.

He's been here for a few months, of course he hasn't adjusted to the pace yet. Scottish/British football is much faster than most other leagues.

He's picked because of his physical presence? Are you kidding me on?! He has legs like a 5 year old girl.

And I8hibsh - you player cam him every game and watch him with intent? LOL. What a joke.

Jambo, Goodbye
I maintain we played him wrongly. He should have been tucked in behind two frontmen.

On Obua, if we are going to persist with him, maybe we need to work on making space for him...?

Wyness still wouldn't of been able to make a 10 yard pass though

But after Fletcher got sent off Obua almost never wasted a pass. If he can adjust to the speed of the SPL then he could be a useful player for us.

I agree. I think he might have a decent football brain in there.

It all depends if he can adjust to the pace and bustle of the game here. When he got more time against hibs in the 2nd half he used the ball well.

He might still be able to come good for us......I'm not too confident but im not totally without hope.

Give him time. Some of the comments on this thread are a joke, tbh.

He's been here for a few months, of course he hasn't adjusted to the pace yet. Scottish/British football is much faster than most other leagues.

He's picked because of his physical presence? Are you kidding me on?! He has legs like a 5 year old girl.

And I8hibsh - you player cam him every game and watch him with intent? LOL. What a joke.

Think that may explain a lot of the overeaction comments. He's too busy watching one player that he has to read up on our defeat in The Daily ******.

I think we should give him a chance,cos he is starting to look a better player.

Poss a future phil stamp u never know lol.

bless :o

scott herbertson

:eek:

It's like one of those word games

Change Obua to Phil Stamp in three years at hearts by only changing one aspect of his game or life at a time

So

start by shaving his head

Buy him a house in the country and arrange for a regular extra large pepperoni

with side fries and a litre of coke to be delivered on the hour, every hour

Teach him how to tackle like Vinnie Jones

Next week - how to laugh when you are given a red card for extreme violent conduct

:eek:

I think that there is a player in there but he is a bit laborious on the ball at times.

Has anyone ever seen him hit a shot cleanly by the way? It is almost as if he gets a rush of blood to the head when he strikes for goal and he ends up just sclaffing it.

The jury is out but I wouldn't write him off just yet.

Chad Sexington

He reads more like a gay serial killer every day. :laugh:

1960-jeffrey-dahmer.jpg

As discussed with Dr B post match, I agree with his assessment.

He is destined to be a success in a league where the football is played at a lesser pace, he needs that extra time. He gets the ball, stops it, looks up, considers a few options then passes. That was okay when given the space that ten man Hibs allowed him, however every other game in Scotland will be hard for him.

He will appear every so often for us, getting a fair bit of abuse, before disappearing to Germany/Holland/France/Italy before the start of next season IMO.

I see he attended today's press conference. I hope this means his attitude is improving too.

:)

As you can see from what's been posted since you started this, it's also the attitude of some fans that could do with improving.

I've consistently backed Obua on this board and was delighted when he was involved with the first goal on Sunday.

Too many Hearts fans think that you can motivate players by bringing them down. Doesn't work.

I'm cautiously optimistic now.

Same goes for Michael Stewart who has gone from early-season hero to zero. That's really going to help him.

Get behind the team and see what happens. Kilmarnock away's a tough game. It is for us anyway. Remember this time last year, we were one down at half-time to them at home, then something clicked, we made some noise, and although we only drew it was like a corner was turned.

When Willie Wallace went to Celtic, Donald Ford took a couple of months to settle as his replacement.

The fans were on his back - too lightweight, not tall enough, positioning all wrong, gets knocked off the ball easily.

The rest is history. He became one of the best forwards we ever had.

Not saying Obua is the next Ford but I'm happy to back Csaba'a judgement until the end of the season at least.

As you can see from what's been posted since you started this, it's also the attitude of some fans that could do with improving.

I've consistently backed Obua on this board and was delighted when he was involved with the first goal on Sunday.

Too many Hearts fans think that you can motivate players by bringing them down. Doesn't work.

I'm cautiously optimistic now.

Same goes for Michael Stewart who has gone from early-season hero to zero. That's really going to help him.

Get behind the team and see what happens. Kilmarnock away's a tough game. It is for us anyway. Remember this time last year, we were one down at half-time to them at home, then something clicked, we made some noise, and although we only drew it was like a corner was turned.

A couple of things,

I had a wee lookey and noticed that you have, rather regularly and seemingly better informed than most, opined on Obua's fitness and ability. Something suggests to me that you are not telling us everything. ;)

As for the content of your post, I find it saddening when football fans with opinions want to have a go at other football fans for voicing a contradictory opinion. I will never understand those that say that fans voicing opinions on players here hinders them or indeed causes poor form. This is a football fans forum for those that have opinions. You rate Obua, good for you, others don't.

CornhillHearts
As discussed with Dr B post match, I agree with his assessment.

He is destined to be a success in a league where the football is played at a lesser pace, he needs that extra time. He gets the ball, stops it, looks up, considers a few options then passes. That was okay when given the space that ten man Hibs allowed him, however every other game in Scotland will be hard for him.

He will appear every so often for us, getting a fair bit of abuse, before disappearing to Germany/Holland/France/Italy before the start of next season IMO.

Is it Obua or Ruben your describing? Plenty people seem to rate Ruben these days.

Is it Obua or Ruben your describing? Plenty people seem to rate Ruben these days.

I see what you did there.;)

It was Obua I was describing. I rate Palazuelos, good midfielder that can pass the ball.

I see what you did there.;)

It was Obua I was describing. I rate Palazuelos, good midfielder that can pass the ball.

And what's your current stance on the Bruno? :D

And what's your current stance on the Bruno? :D

That he had a few decent games for us before getting injured again. What has Bruno got to do with it? About as much as the mobile John Hartson I'd suspect. ;)

That he had a few decent games for us before getting injured again. What has Bruno got to do with it? About as much as the mobile John Hartson I'd suspect. ;)

Proof that players can prove people wrong.

Proof that players can prove people wrong.

I hope so. :)

Anyway, if the inference was that Obua may prove me wrong, then I hope he doesn't. I have said that I think that there is a player in Obua, I simply do not see him doing it in Scotland. I hope the last bit is wrong, but do not see it.

Archived