WITH KILLIE V HEARTS ON BBC ALBA

Beats

Can't make the game tommorow.I'm thinking about not listening to the game or watching the scores come in and just watching the game at 8 tommorow night.Anybody else doing the same? It will be hard but it would be good watching with a few beers at night.

It's a good idea in theory.

Trouble is, I know for a fact I couldn't last the afternoon without finding out the result.

It's a good idea in theory.

Trouble is, I know for a fact I couldn't last the afternoon without finding out the result.

Should be a freeview channel.Going give it a go.Switch my mobile off and take the bairn to the pictures come in and stick a dvd on then watch it at 8.

Is BBC Alba a freeview station

Don't know if this quote from the ALBA Website helps

Viewing BBC ALBA

Sky 168 Freesat 110

BBC ALBA is available on digital satellite. It will be available on digital cable in due course.

Don't know if this quote from the ALBA Website helps

Viewing BBC ALBA

Sky 168 Freesat 110

BBC ALBA is available on digital satellite. It will be available on digital cable in due course.

cheers that was a help to me.

I've tried in the past but doesn't seem to appear on Freeview. Seems odd given it's a BBC channel too.

Not on Freeview at the moment - the G?idhealtachd is up in arms about that!

Only on Sky.

That could work quite well for me. Im working away from tomorrow morning until Sunday afternoon. Middle of the cairngorms with no TV and dodgy mobile signal, I may manage not to get the score and watch the full game on Sun afternoon. Cheers Alba :laugh:

Carl Spackler

The question is how do the BBC get the signal from Rugby Park to BBC Alba's studios at Pacific Key? Probably by taking the recording along the road!

However, as I understand it, when matches are being broadcast elsewhere the signal needs to get from the ground to the foreign broadcasters. When this happens the signal is beamed up to a satellite and back down to the foreign station's studios. Maybe for the sake of time saving they do the same for matches like this?

If you have the right equipment you can tap into the signal being sent to the studio. There's website forums with folk that search for the signal frequencies and post them when they find them.

There's a boozer in Majorca that uses these signals to show games.

So you have three choices

1 - Get to Majorca fast

2 - Get some expensive satellite equipment, install it and learn alot of technical stuff -fast!

3 - Wait till 8pm. If you don't have Sky convince your local landlord the patrons should all listen to Gaelic for 1.5 hours.

Can't make the game tommorow.I'm thinking about not listening to the game or watching the scores come in and just watching the game at 8 tommorow night.Anybody else doing the same? It will be hard but it would be good watching with a few beers at night.

Im going to do that. Its going to be murder but when 8 o'clock comes it will be worth it.

Im going to go out for a walk at 3, come back and watch some WWE wrestling. That should pass the time.

Mon the Famous

Archived