Ruben out for Kilmarnock game

Commander Harris

Commander Harris

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1521950,00.html

so no ruben, zal, kingston or wallace.

Midfielder Ruben Palazuelos is out of tomorrow's Clydesdale Bank Premier League clash with Kilmarnock.

The Spaniard injured his knee in the Homecoming Scottish Cup triumph over Hibs and will miss the trip to Rugby Park.

Boss Csaba Laszlo is disappointed not to be able to call on the playmaker's services but admitted his misfortune will give Michael Stewart the opportunity to stake his claim for a return to the starting XI.

"Ruben has a little cartilage problem," he told Hearts News Today.

"He took a heavy tackle from behind against Hibs and there is inflammation.

"If he doesn't play it will give Michael Stewart a chance to show a good performance and get his place back.:eek: We have competition in that area, though, with good players for that position.

"Bruno Aguiar has been training this week without any complaints and Adrian Mrowiec is also back in full training and coming back slowly."

Csaba had Kilmarnock watched in midweek as Jim Jefferies' side went down 2-1 to Aberdeen.

"They will have been disappointed with that result," said the Hearts manager. "We lost to them at Tynecastle and are hoping to get a better result tomorrow. It is important for our league position that we get a good result. It is in our hands."

Laryea Kingston misses out through injury again, while Marius Zaliukas, Lee Wallace and Calum Elliot are all suspended.

loveofthegame

Annoying, i'd have hoped it meant Csaba would move Bruno into centre mid and play Glen behind Nade- a bit ****ed off that it'll be Stewart (or perhaps Obua) instead.

they have just under 5 hours to sign black for him to be elligible for this weekend. failing that, i'd rather see mroweic or obua than stewart.

Sexton Hardcastle

Will be a wake up call for stewart. kitc when he came on for the last minute at er last weekend. Dont think he touched the ball. Hopefully he will see his performances in recent months have been mince and he needs to improve.

I'd hope Csaba would look to other options rather than just throw Stewart back in the starting line up.

We are a better team when he is not there.

Fork.

As other posters have said though, it's the opportunity for Stewart to rediscover his early season form. As good an ambassador as he is for the club he's well down my CM pecking order.

That is disappointing, the recent games have been Palazuelos' best form for us since he came to the club.

Stewart is miles out of form. There must surely be a youngster who plays in midfield who could come into the side?

Balogh

Neilson-Jonsson -Berra-Thomson

Chesney-Karipidis-A Youngster-Driver

Aguiar or Glen

Nade

if stewart plays then he needs to throw in a good performance for once. he tends to show decent form now and again but unfortunately the better performances are getting fewer and less frequent.

i would just go with bruno and karipidis personally.

Sexton Hardcastle
if stewart plays then he needs to throw in a good performance for once. he tends to show decent form now and again but unfortunately the better performances are getting fewer and less frequent.

i would just go with bruno and karipidis personally.

Makes sense acutally. Then hopefully Glen and Nade up top. Wont happen tho.

I think Csaba is wanting to give Obua a run of games, As Victorian Suggests, we could go with Aguair and Karapidis in Midfield with Obua supporting Nade.

As unconvinced as I am about Obua, I still prefer that option to Stewart starting. He really needs to take a long hard look at himself, That's two consecutive seasons he's started the first 6 weeks or so brightly then offered absolutely nothing.

Also, even with Ruben out, I doubt we'll start with Gary Glen, which is a shame.

In midfield or defence Peanut? Has he been playing well?

Midfield with Kari.

Hard to say if he's been playing well as there haven't been any reserve games recently and he's been playing with Australia U20s for most of the season.

I hope Stewart isn't in contention for a place. I agree woth one of the above posters who said he would prefer Obua or Mroweic playing, so would I.

But saying that, how good would it be if he came on for us and played amazingly? Don't see it happening though!

Makes sense acutally. Then hopefully Glen and Nade up top. Wont happen tho.

probably not right enough, but the thought of having bruno and karipidis in midfield supporting nade and glen is exciting. glen can either play behind nade or in a 2. for some reason csaba seems reluctant to pitch glen in on a regular basis and has this thing about obua.

it's going to take more than formations and personnel tomorrow anyway, it's going to take good old fashioned hard graft and guile. JJ & BB will have their lot in a frenzy as per usual.

I think Csaba is wanting to give Obua a run of games, As Victorian Suggests, we could go with Aguair and Karapidis in Midfield with Obua supporting Nade.

As unconvinced as I am about Obua, I still prefer that option to Stewart starting. He really needs to take a long hard look at himself, That's two consecutive seasons he's started the first 6 weeks or so brightly then offered absolutely nothing.

Also, even with Ruben out, I doubt we'll start with Gary Glen, which is a shame.

it is indeed a shame. csaba doesn't even need to play him in every game but i wish he would give him the odd start to keep him interested and not get him disheartened at all.

give the lad a break csaba.

When Mikey Stewart plays, we tend to lose.

When Mikey Stewart doesn't play, we tend not to lose.

Case closed.

Thought that was Zal?

Haddington Jambo

Are we taking it for granted ruben wont play? the article headline, "Midfielder Ruben Palazuelos is out of tomorrow's Clydesdale Bank Premier League clash with Kilmarnock" is somewhat tempered by the quote from Csaba, "If he doesn't play it will give Michael Stewart a chance to show a good performance and get his place back" that would indicate to me that he may still play, no?

Disser Pointon
Are we taking it for granted ruben wont play? the article headline, "Midfielder Ruben Palazuelos is out of tomorrow's Clydesdale Bank Premier League clash with Kilmarnock" is somewhat tempered by the quote from Csaba, "If he doesn't play it will give Michael Stewart a chance to show a good performance and get his place back" that would indicate to me that he may still play, no?

Csaba says in the Evening News that he expects him to play and that Larry is (unfortunately) back in contention also.

Re the earlier posts on Mikey Stewart I know he has been bad of late but he was thrown in as Brunos replacement when clearly he cannot play there and the rest of the team suffered in his absence as well (I was at Aberdeen, shocker!). I wouldnt be quite as worried about Stewart coming in to Rubens position with Bruno in the midfield as well.

We_are_the_Hearts
Csaba says in the Evening News that he expects him to play and that Larry is (unfortunately) back in contention also.

Re the earlier posts on Mikey Stewart I know he has been bad of late but he was thrown in as Brunos replacement when clearly he cannot play there and the rest of the team suffered in his absence as well (I was at Aberdeen, shocker!). I wouldnt be quite as worried about Stewart coming in to Rubens position with Bruno in the midfield as well.

Spot on. He actually did OK 2nd half against Hibs when moved back.

Art Vanderlay

Yeah!

It stinks that our best player might be in the side tomorrow. It would be far better if he didn't play but still collected his pay cheque like the wage thief he is.

It has escaped notice on this board that Larry Kingston is lazy. Open your eyes, people, he doesn't try a leg! Get him tae ****.

There must be folk out there who agree that he's a waste of skin? Surely enough to justify the formation of a bandwagon?

Quite easy decision is it not?

If Aguiar is fit drop him back to central midfield - he can run the game from there. Bring Glen in as "the hole"

If Aguiar not fit Stewart will be in and Glen should be in "the hole"

Cant see any reason for Glen not to start now - the only alternative is Obua...

I'd hope Csaba would look to other options rather than just throw Stewart back in the starting line up.

We are a better team when he is not there.

Sorry to say it, but that's exactly the way I feel. And the key word here is "team".

Archived